No announcement yet.

Broncos release safety Rogers to clear spot for fullback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I want Josh Barrett to get a chance, I think we should bear it out with Lowry this week. Favre would LOVE to pick on a rookie safety. If he got beat by Brett's arm, not only would it hurt Barrett's confidence, it would hurt the entire team.

Hopefully Shanahan gives him a shot vs. KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
      You know...I LOVE the Clady pick. LOVE it.

But still...I wanted Kenny Phillips SO badly.
      So did I. But it's a foregone conclusion that we'll draft 1 or 2 safeties early next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they go safety in both rounds 1 and 2. That would be classic Shanahan drafting.

Comment

So I guess by signing Andrew Pinnock to FB we'll be moving Hillis to RB full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
          So did I. But it's a foregone conclusion that we'll draft 1 or 2 safeties early next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they go safety in both rounds 1 and 2. That would be classic Shanahan drafting.
          I cringe at the thought of Shanahan drafting two S's that high, because even if Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed are there Shanahan hasn't shown any indication that he'd ever take them over some no-talent stiff in the second round.

Kennoy Kennedy and Eric Brown immediately come to mind.......

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
            He got his shot and didn't step up. He had his chance. Funny thing though is that I can point out at least one safety we've had playing worse than him all year long and he's still starting.
            Agreed. I think that was Rodgers 4th career game so he needed to be removed from the roster to keep P-Squad eligibility.

I'd still rather we kept Rodgers on the roster for the rest of the year to see what he could do. There are a couple of scrubs we could have cut instead. Manuel & Webster come to mind and after seeing Haggan play, I have to add him to the list of worthless players.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              I cringe at the thought of Shanahan drafting two S's that high, because even if Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed are there Shanahan hasn't shown any indication that he'd ever take them over some no-talent stiff in the second round.

Kennoy Kennedy and Eric Brown immediately come to mind.......
              I agree, kinda.

As desperately as we need a safety, I don't think (at this point) there is a safety that is really worth a first round pick.

I think the quality we can get in the 2nd round is probably just as good as the first. And with our recent drafting luck, we could also probably find a second starting safety in the fourth or fifth rounds...

And I would rather see us take a smart, hard hitting MLB or a big @$$ DT.
              sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by sage View Post
                Agreed. I think that was Rodgers 4th career game so he needed to be removed from the roster to keep P-Squad eligibility.

I'd still rather we kept Rodgers on the roster for the rest of the year to see what he could do. There are a couple of scrubs we could have cut instead. Manuel & Webster come to mind and after seeing Haggan play, I have to add him to the list of worthless players.
                Exactly!

At least Rodgers seems to have a glimmer of talent.

What does Lowry have?
                -nude pics of Shanny with Mrs. Bowlen??

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                  He got his shot and didn't step up. He had his chance. Funny thing though is that I can point out at least one safety we've had playing worse than him all year long and he's still starting.
                  I don't think Shanny wants to admit he made a bad decision. Philly benched DONOVAN and we can't sit MM? The whole staff is full of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by pipes View Post
                    Exactly!

At least Rodgers seems to have a glimmer of talent.

What does Lowry have?
                    -nude pics of Shanny with Mrs. Bowlen??
                    roflcopter. lmao that HAS to be what's going on!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                      So I guess by signing Andrew Pinnock to FB we'll be moving Hillis to RB full time.
                      Good question. Why did we sign Pinnock? If I had to answer that Id say it was to provide Hillis with a veteran to be a mentor, since FB has been non existant since Griffith. He will probally boost ST.
                      Maybe it will allow Larsen to focus on LB, where he should be. Lastly If we are 3rd/ 4th and inches/goal we could have Hillis at HB and Pinnock at FB talk about a pile driver back field.

I like Hillis' style but cant see him being our workhorse at HB. I belive he'll be there untill we get healthy at HB and thats it, he's a true FB not HB and a great pickup.
                      I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

I wonder if waiving Roderick Rogers was a message to the other defensive backs/players and unfortunately for Rogers, he was the scapegoat.

I agree with Shanny's assessment that Rogers did not play well against Oakland, but did he play that much worse than Lowry has to date? I personally do not think he played that much worse than any of our safeties. Of course, I do not have the privilege of watching coaches tape, so maybe what I saw on TV was not telling.

Point is, Shanny knew what he had with Rogers. He has been on the practive squad for a season and a half. Lowry and Manuel have been with the Broncos for less than one season, with Lowry not evening being around until the start of the regular season. Your telling me that you are going to take a kid like Rogers and start him over Lowry one week, and based on that one week waive him? Again, knowing what you had in Rogers? And keep in mind that Rogers has been in the league for less than two years. Manuel and Lowry are veterans. Did Rogers play that much worse than? Something is fishy to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X