Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Broncos make Hall of Fame Semi-Finalist List

The complete list of 25 modern-era semifinalists is as follows:

» Cris Carter, WR - 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins
    » Roger Craig, RB - 1983-1990 San Francisco 49ers, 1991 Los Angeles Raiders, 1992-93 Minnesota Vikings,
    » Terrell Davis, RB - 1995-2001 Denver Broncos
    » Dermontti Dawson, C - 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers
    » Richard Dent, DE - 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles
    » Chris Doleman, DE/LB - 1985-1993, 1999 Minnesota Vikings, 1994-95 Atlanta Falcons, 1996-98 San Francisco 49ers
    » Kevin Greene, LB/DE - 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers
    » Russ Grimm, G - 1981-1991 Washington Redskins
    » Ray Guy, P - 1973-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders
    » Charles Haley, DE/LB - 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys
    » Lester Hayes, CB - 1977-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders
    » Cortez Kennedy, DT - 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks
    » Bob Kuechenberg, G - 1970-1984 Miami Dolphins
    » Randall McDaniel, G - 1988-1999 Minnesota Vikings, 2000-01 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    » Art Modell, Owner - 1961-1995 Cleveland Browns, 1996-2003 Baltimore Ravens
    » John Randle, DT - 1990-2000 Minnesota Vikings, 2001-03 Seattle Seahawks
    » Andre Reed, WR - 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins
    » Shannon Sharpe, TE - 1990-99, 2002-03 Denver Broncos, 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens
    » Bruce Smith, DE - 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000-03 Washington Redskins
    » Ken Stabler, QB - 1970-79 Oakland Raiders, 1980-81 Houston Oilers, 1982-84 New Orleans Saints
    » Paul Tagliabue, Commissioner - 1989-2006 National Football League
    » Steve Tasker, Special Teams/WR - 1985-86 Houston Oilers, 1986-1997 Buffalo Bills
    » Derrick Thomas, LB - 1989-1999 Kansas City Chiefs
    » Ralph Wilson, Owner - 1960-current Buffalo Bills
    » Rod Woodson, CB/S - 1987-1996 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers, 1998-2001 Baltimore Ravens, 2002-03 Oakland Raiders

The list of 25 semifinalists will be reduced by mail ballot to 15 modern-era candidates. That list increases to 17 finalist nominees with the inclusion of the two recommended candidates of the Hall of Fame's Seniors Committee. The Seniors Committee nominees, who were announced in August, are Bob Hayes and Claude Humphrey. Hayes, a three-time All-NFL pick spent 11 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys (1965-1974) and one season with the San Francisco 49ers (1975).

Humphrey, a five-time first-team All-Pro defensive end, played with the Atlanta Falcons (1968-1978) and Philadelphia Eagles (1979-1981).

The results of the modern-era reduction vote to 15 finalists will be announced in early January.

Source

Here's to our boys getting in
    sigpic
    Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
    Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
    My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Sharpe will make it, Davis will not.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

I love TD. Okay? I love Terrell Davis. But how come Steve Atwater is still not on these lists, but TD is?

Anyway, it will be a proud day for Bronco Nation the day Shannon is inducted. Shannon got this!
      sigpic

TZ

Comment

T.D. Should eventually get in. Even though his career was cut short due to injuries, his accomplishments during that time was pretty impressive. I hope he doesn't have to wait til he's like 60 to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          Sharpe will make it, Davis will not.
          He's one of five players to rush for over 2000 yards in a season. The other three that are retired got in. He did as much as OJ (would have had as many yards) in seven years as OJ did in 10. He deserves to be in for all he did to help his team.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
            He's one of five players to rush for over 2000 yards in a season. The other three that are retired got in. He did as much as OJ (would have had as many yards) in seven years as OJ did in 10. He deserves to be in for all he did to help his team.
            But didn't OJ only have a 14 game schedule?

Comment

TD will be close and may or may not get in. Within 5 years i'm sure he will. Sharpe will definatley get in this year.

Comment

I think both Sharpe and TD make it to the list of finalists, but TD is going to have to wait for his induction. No way will they do 2 Broncos in the same year, and Sharpe is a pretty sure 1st time inductee.
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight View Post
                  Yeah I guess so, never even looked at that factor. Still had like 30 more games then Davis (which is almost two full seasons) and only averaged .1 yard more per carry and 1 more touchdown.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight View Post
                    At least for his 2,000 yd season... don't know about the rest without looking it up.

And yes... I'm that lazy.

Comment

It would take a year full of sorry candidates for TD to get in, and this isnt the year. If maybe 2 more healthy years.....he'd be in on THIS ballot!

Cris Carter, Bruce Smith, John Randle, Shannon Sharpe and probably Derrick Thomas or Kevin Green I guess.
                      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                        It would take a year full of sorry candidates for TD to get in, and this isnt the year. If maybe 2 more healthy years.....he'd be in on THIS ballot!

Cris Carter, Bruce Smith, John Randle, Shannon Sharpe and probably Derrick Thomas or Kevin Green I guess.
                        I'd change only one thins..... not Randle, but Woodson.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Louis Wright>>Lester Hayes

I don't understand why Lester Hayes made the final 25 list over Louis Wright. That is a total sham. However, seeing TD make the final 25 is very encouraging for down the road, even though he won't get in this time.

Comment

I still don't get the hate on Atwater... the man had as good a career as John Lynch and Lynch is going to end up with a first ballot. All politics in some cases... look what happened to Randy Gradishar =/

Comment

I posted this in another thread earlier, but I think it pertains to this thread also.

TDs career stats
                              8 Years 1995 - 2002 Att: 1,655 Yds: 7,607 Avg: 4.6 TD: 60

Gale Sayers career stats
                              7 Years 1965 - 1971 Att: 991 Yds: 4,956 Avg: 5.0 TD: 39

I think this should end any kind of, "was TD productive enough for long enough" debate don't you?

And as far as Atwater is concerned, he definitely belongs in the HOF, but so do a bunch of Broncos that sadly get overlooked every year. I just get disgusted when talking about the HOF.;

Comment

Working...
                              X