Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shannahan Holding Grudges and Holding The Team Back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannahan Holding Grudges and Holding The Team Back.

In at least two instances Shanny has let his personal agenda get in the way of the team's success. To examine this let's step back to Shanny's firing as the Raiders head coach. Now I am not in any shape or form saying that he should just forget about his money and let it go. But Shanny's need to "stick it to the raiders" came between us and a win on Sunday.

Shanny holds a grudge whether it be with players, coaches or owners. I am of the opinion that Shanny went out last Sunday with the sole desire of blowing the Raiders out. Nothing is wrong with that but when it impedes your ability to make good coaching decisions it is a problem.

I think like in the first game Shanny expected to run up the score. For said reason he continually went back to the down field throws when the run had been working successfully. Not content to just win and propell his team toward the playoffs, he stuck with a game plan that clearly was not working.

This grudge holdign is also evidenced in Shanny's personnell decision making process. Currently our biggest need is at the Safety positions. Foxworth was said to have complained about a starting position. I specifically remember one game in partuicular where Foxy filled in at safety and recorded 12 tackles and passed out from dehydration in the locker room after the game. What I am saying is that Shanny did not make an effort to accomodate Foxy, knowing quite well the needs that we had at the safety positions. Forworth should in the LEAST have been given an opportunity to secure a starting spot at that position. In many interviews Foxy had stated that he did not mind playing the Safety position.

Finally news comes of the reason for releasing Hamzah. Our most capable safety, a playmaker and hard worker. Shanny needs to adopt a cooler attitude and make decisions in the best interest of the TEAM and not his ego. I understand that he has won superbowls, but that was more than a decade ago. this world works on a what have you done for me lately basis and people are quick to forget. Learn to let go Shanny.
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Except Shanny doesn't call all the plays.

Get over it . . . you and all the other morons who have a grudge against Shanny are just looking for excuses . . .

Just deal with the fact that Shanny isn't going anywhere, no matter how much you whine and bellyache. All of these threads are so completely pointless. Can't anyone focus on anything positive for a change??

Comment

1) It was Jay going deep. A ton of plays in every game have receivers at many different levels of the field. It is the QB that decides if he is throwing deep or hitting the underneath routes.

2) Foxy sucked at safety and is very small. He was also given the shot. He wasn't the best at the position.

3) Hamza is not the best at the position. I'm not sure why people here always worship these guys that have done nothing. If Hamza is so good, why isn't he playing somewhere right now? You guys make no sense with this stuff.

Comment

For one... realize its the media that continues to bring up the "debt owed" more than anyone else, because it adds drama to the game. The "getting even" angle seems to be compelling enough, to even have the two teams start the season off with the MNF matchup. Two bad teams.

Two. Foxworth wasn't a safety. We weren't going to keep him as a safety, and he DID complain about never getting a "fair shot" at the starting duties in Denver because we had both Bly and Bailey. He stated on many occasions that "he can't be any good, because his name isn't champ." He stated that he could "start for any other team in the NFL." Foxworth wanted out of Denver, and was going to leave after this season anyway. Shanahan DID accommodate him by trading him to a team that NEEDED a corner. It just took him 8 weeks into the season to finally earn the starting role.

Abdullah, apparently after reports, felt that he didn't HAVE to try and earn his starting role back... and that it would just be given to him once he was healed up from his injury. He was upset that he wasn't simply put at the top of the depth chart. Personally, I'm with Shanahan on this. We don't need that kind of attitude, and its NEVER been that way with the Broncos (when Shanahan has been here). You ALWAYS have to win out your spot.

I honestly don't think you have any real basis behind this criticism. If you want to criticize Shanahan, thats fine. There is a long line. But at least have something real to stand behind.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
          1) It was Jay going deep. A ton of plays in every game have receivers at many different levels of the field. It is the QB that decides if he is throwing deep or hitting the underneath routes.

2) Foxy sucked at safety and is very small. He was also given the shot. He wasn't the best at the position.

3) Hamza is not the best at the position. I'm not sure why people here always worship these guys that have done nothing. If Hamza is so good, why isn't he playing somewhere right now? You guys make no sense with this stuff.
          I have news for you and bronco_hyde, people like aija are ALLOWED their opinions even if you guys with your own giant unchecked egos don't like them... but to call other legitimate posters here "morons" is uncalled for....

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
            I have news for you and bronco_hyde, people like aija are ALLOWED their opinions even if you guys with your own giant unchecked egos don't like them... but to call other legitimate posters here "morons" is uncalled for....
            I've read that post your quoted three times now, and don't see the word 'moron' in it once. You sure you quoted the right one??

Comment

I've learned to ignore him. Recent studies have shown that crying babies do so because they find the sound rather comforting.
              Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                Except Shanny doesn't call all the plays.

Get over it . . . you and all the other morons who have a grudge against Shanny are just looking for excuses . . .

Just deal with the fact that Shanny isn't going anywhere, no matter how much you whine and bellyache. All of these threads are so completely pointless. Can't anyone focus on anything positive for a change??
                Its right there, open your eyes......

Comment

I always get a kick out of you guys that pretend to know what, or how, or ANYTHING that goes in in Shanny's head, or in the locker room, or on the field........

Basically what I am trying to say it, what makes you qualified to have the first idea of what is REALLY going on with Shannahan or the players? Are you on the team? Are you the coach? Yea, didn't think so......

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                    I've learned to ignore him. Recent studies have shown that crying babies do so because they find the sound rather comforting.
                    well... to be fair.... the OP seemed to be more of a whining/cry than Hyde's response.

I see. So you didn't quote the right person on your first post, then.

Comment

It would be much easier to do that if you quoted the correct person originally....

Comment

I have news for you, horseyhead: invading every positive thread on the board with your repeated criticisms isn't any different than what anyone has done on this thread. Wake up.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Saying you're above arguing and calling names while simultaneously doing just that is completely absurd.
                        In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                          It would be much easier to do that if you quoted the correct person originally....
                          I am sorry that you did not comprehend the fact that I included both of their names in the post. Thankyou for the constructive critique tho....

Comment

I am sorry that you did not comprehend the fact that I included both of their names in the post. Thankyou for the constructive critique tho....
                            You quoted my post and go on about calling people morons.... Please show me where it says that in my post. Maybe your reading skills need pollished a little as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                              In at least two instances Shanny has let his personal agenda get in the way of the team's success. To examine this let's step back to Shanny's firing as the Raiders head coach. Now I am not in any shape or form saying that he should just forget about his money and let it go. But Shanny's need to "stick it to the raiders" came between us and a win on Sunday.

Shanny holds a grudge whether it be with players, coaches or owners. I am of the opinion that Shanny went out last Sunday with the sole desire of blowing the Raiders out. Nothing is wrong with that but when it impedes your ability to make good coaching decisions it is a problem.

I think like in the first game Shanny expected to run up the score. For said reason he continually went back to the down field throws when the run had been working successfully. Not content to just win and propel his team toward the playoffs, he stuck with a game plan that clearly was not working.

This grudge holdign is also evidenced in Shanny's personnell decision making process. Currently our biggest need is at the Safety positions. Foxworth was said to have complained about a starting position. I specifically remember one game in particular where Foxy filled in at safety and recorded 12 tackles and passed out from dehydration in the locker room after the game. What I am saying is that Shanny did not make an effort to accomodate Foxy, knowing quite well the needs that we had at the safety positions. Forworth should in the LEAST have been given an opportunity to secure a starting spot at that position. In many interviews Foxy had stated that he did not mind playing the Safety position.

Finally news comes of the reason for releasing Hamzah. Our most capable safety, a playmaker and hard worker. Shanny needs to adopt a cooler attitude and make decisions in the best interest of the TEAM and not his ego. I understand that he has won superbowls, but that was more than a decade ago. this world works on a what have you done for me lately basis and people are quick to forget. Learn to let go Shanny.

Blah!

Thats like saying the broncos lost on Sunday since I held a grudge against the right side of my couch since I thought it was un lucky and it took my money last time I sat on it. My judgment was so impaired by my anger I forgot that originally that was my lucky side of the couch.

A Few Other Things

Your post lost credibility to me when

a) You called Foxworth and Abdula playmakers
                              b) You said Shanahan has an ego
                              c) You forgot to use Spell Check
                              d) You never elaborated on your thread topic
                              Last edited by rst08tierney; 11-26-2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X