Lynch, Abdullah, & Rogers cut but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynch, Abdullah, & Rogers cut but...

Do you really think those 3 safties are worst than the terrible that have had every chance in the world to prove they belong? I would take those three over this 3 any day of the year. That's crazy. Also, to say that Rogers didn't play as good as you thought he could. Wow. Did anyone see Lowry first start? People were making up excuses for him that he was just nervous because it was his first start when the DC called a great game even tho we lost as far as the DBs are concern. He put Lowery in position severals times to make plays and he just ran around like a chicken with his head cut off.

When did Rogers beat us? Shannon said he didn’t play well. I seen different. Whenever a rb got pass the 1st and 2nd level, he made the tackle which the Dline and LBs shouldn’t have let happen anyway. Lowry, McCree, and Manuel have taken bad angles or were too slow to catch rbs who broke for long gains all season. Then he cut Abdullah and brought in Lowry who hasn’t done anything at all to justify letting Hamza go.

The young safties would at least learn on the job, whether it’s Barrett, Rodgers, or like someone suggested Woodyard. These older guys have not got it right the whole season and they suppose to be veterans. Lowry was terrible his first start for the Broncos and he was a former starter then you cut a young prospect who didn’t make 1 terrible mistake and Shannon blamed him for not playing better? Shannon is a joke. He’ll prolly cut Barrett too after his first start and excuse him as just a lower round pick. He can't admit every safety you brought in this season were bust. I know Lynch was getting old but he knew and i know he could do better than anyone of these guys.

Just watch the game. Rogers stayed disciplined and covered the deep halves excellent even on the play that Bly was beat. He just didn't get there in time but Bly should have made the play. The same situation happen in the MNF game when the safety Joah Bullocks played deep and gave Jason David the free will to make plays underneath. Rogers is no Ed Reed but he is like the other safety the Ravens started Landry who is solid but not well known. Like Bethea in Indy, these other safties on teams with All Pro guys. Rogers play the deep halves very well and stays discipline so the other DBs could make plays even though all of them play 15 yards off. Deep half Safeties are needed so the Ed Reeds, Polumalus, Sanders, etc.can gamble underneath. Manuel is definitely not one of these guys and they have put Manuel in position to make so many plays that he never made so many times it's ridiculous and he flops. He was burned in the ATL game but luckily Roddy White dropped the pass. McFadden ate him up when he was suppose to have shown he was skilled on that one play.

I blame it on how retarded this team has been from week to week on releasing/resigning/waiving/signing. We literally seem to switch each position out for a different player every week.

Scroll down this site to the "By Player" part and look at that, it sickens me.
    sigpic
    Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
    Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
    My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

For the love of god, can we just start Barrett, let him learn under fire and see if we have anything in him, screw Lowry and Manuel, I know there may be a reason why he is not playing yet, but he cannot be any worse than the garbage we have been throwing out there!

Comment

RFA and late-round safeties generally aren't very good (with one type of exception). At the very least, they need time to develop. But that's hard to get sitting on the bench.

I didn't see the game, but I would imagine Rodgers wasn't that bad. He's been adequate in other games. At least he was in the right place at the right time.

But the coaches must have had a reason. Maybe they weren't that high on him to begin with, but decided to give him a chance, what with the problems at the position. Rodgers didn't come up big for them, and so they said sayonara.

The one type of exception to this rule is the excellent college safety who gets knocked down in the draft for athletic reasons -- not fast enough, not big enough, arms "too short". Jamie Silva is an example of that kind of safety. They have a lot of experience and ability at the position, just questions about their physicality. I think it would be wiser to spend a late-round draft pick or a RFA contract on a safety like that than on a project who has athletic ability. At least you know when you put them in the game that they know how to play the position and have some ability.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
          For the love of god, can we just start Barrett, let him learn under fire and see if we have anything in him, screw Lowry and Manuel, I know there may be a reason why he is not playing yet, but he cannot be any worse than the garbage we have been throwing out there!
          Well, he might have to play if McCree is still hurt.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Have you guys considered that he (Barrett) might VERY WELL be worse than Manual, and thats why he's not starting??? Why is it you guys don't think the coaches see them in practice each and every day???

Comment

Lowry on his first game was IN the right spots, but he just didn't make the play once there. Thats different than not being in the right spots and messing up your assignments.

I would imagine that once they watched the game films, and graded out the positions, that this Rogers was just flat out lost out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                Have you guys considered that he (Barrett) might VERY WELL be worse than Manual, and thats why he's not starting??? Why is it you guys don't think the coaches see them in practice each and every day???
                NOBODY could be as bad as manual... why are you defending these losers?

Comment

We need to draft TAYLOR MAYS of USC plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
                    I'm not defending anyone. However.... considering you don't spend a single day.. a single MINUTE..... in practices, in the locker room, in the film room with any of these players..... I would say that the coaches have a better handle on whats going on. You don't have a CLUE as to whats going on behind the closed doors or why the decisions are being made. But don't TELL me that there is "no way" they can be worse when they couldn't even earn a spot on the starting 53 without injuries. There IS a way they can be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
                      Do you know anything about football? My god, MANY people could be a lot worse then Manual. You are so stuck on hating the players you hate, you don't use common sense.

Comment

Man i miss John Lynch . He was such a great leader on the defense.
                        GO BEARS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
                          I blame it on how retarded this team has been from week to week on releasing/resigning/waiving/signing. We literally seem to switch each position out for a different player every week.

Scroll down this site to the "By Player" part and look at that, it sickens me.
                          Lol @ Chad Mustard.

Hey guys, what about Fox? Vernon Fox? He's pretty good on special teams but I don't know much about his safety skills. At least he's got the experience.

sigpic

Comment

This is poor roster management at its finest.

Starter one game, released the next?

This happens ALL the time with us!

Its ridiculous. We need to focus drafts on defense starting with safety.

If you're gonna start somebody, stay with him. I could see if he was just super exceedingly terrible, but Abdullah/Mcree/Lowry/Rodgers are all middle fo the road safeties. Everyone knew that before we played them
                            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Why do Bronco fans always think scrubs and players we released can be our saviors?

Lynch...isn't good anymore. Sorry. Hes old and slow. He would be as effective as our current safeties.

Abdullah...was NEVER good. I dont understand why this guy keeps creeping back into discussions. Everything that is wrong with Calvin Lowry....is like 50x worse with Abdullah.

SO irritating.
                              sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Working...
                              X