Do We HAVE to start Barrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Lowry is HORRIBLE I wouldn't mind trying out Paymah at Free Safety, he has the speed and he's a very good tackler...I just wonder why Shanahan wouldn't give Paymah a look their Unfortunately, I doubt that Paymah gets a new contract so that we can "try him out" at Safety...because he's a horrible cornerback
    Yeah, Paymah's probably gone. I hope JMFW turns it on next year.

Comment

I would start him. It couldn't hurt and it will give us a chance to see what he can do. Lets go Barrett
      WIN, LOSE OR TIE, I WILL BE A BRONCO FAN TIL THE DAY I DIE.

Comment

I dont think the Broncos have to start him but I certainly believe he will get some looks during the game and go from there....
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Payma, so far, has been a better at man cover than in zone but he is improving. A safety has to be able to play the deep zone or the corner is toast. Unless we always play our corners 15 yards off the ball with no help. Does this sound familiar to this year's coverage package?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
            Payma, so far, has been a better at man cover than in zone but he is improving. A safety has to be able to play the deep zone or the corner is toast. Unless we always play our corners 15 yards off the ball with no help. Does this sound familiar to this year's coverage package?
            Exactly Dean.

Its easy to play man-up when you have safety help over the top. Giving the Corner a chance to play at the ball without having to worry that the WR runs free to the endzone. Our safeties have two problems. One.. they are way too slow and completely inept to cover the deep outside thirds, thus give that "cover over the top." TWO... they need to be closer to the LoS because our run defense is so horrid. As a result, we have to play our corners deeper to keep them from getting torched... as we were early in the season.

Comment

Lowry is HORRIBLE I wouldn't mind trying out Paymah at Free Safety, he has the speed and he's a very good tackler...I just wonder why Shanahan wouldn't give Paymah a look their Unfortunately, I doubt that Paymah gets a new contract so that we can "try him out" at Safety...because he's a horrible cornerback
              Essentially asking a guy to move from CB to safety is like asking a DT to move to DE. while it is possible and some players can do it. responsibilities are differant. just a slew of things. Remember Foxy as a tryout at safety and how well that worked
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

In free agency there aren't any good Safeties coming out....so this is a problem that looks to be solved during the draft....

here are the safeties POTENTIALLY available:
                http://www.theredzone.org/2009/freea...asp?Position=S

Some okay safeties on that^^^ list
                O.J. Atogwe
                Brian Dawkins
                Sean Jones
                Jermaine Phillips
                That's about it
                Atogwe is a great safety. Ballhawk plus a reliable tackler. Unfortunately STL will find a way to keep him.

Hopefully we pick up Taylor Mays in the upcoming draft.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                  Essentially asking a guy to move from CB to safety is like asking a DT to move to DE. while it is possible and some players can do it. responsibilities are differant. just a slew of things. Remember Foxy as a tryout at safety and how well that worked
                  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Look at Antrel Rolle of the Cardinals...his physical abilities are similar to Paymah, and he's been a very good Free Safety

Originally posted by TheJackal View Post
                  Atogwe is a great safety. Ballhawk plus a reliable tackler. Unfortunately STL will find a way to keep him.

Hopefully we pick up Taylor Mays in the upcoming draft.
                  Taylor Mays is a freak of nature! We HAVE to get him :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

In free agency there aren't any good Safeties coming out....so this is a problem that looks to be solved during the draft....

here are the safeties POTENTIALLY available:
                    http://www.theredzone.org/2009/freea...asp?Position=S

Some okay safeties on that^^^ list
                    O.J. Atogwe
                    Brian Dawkins
                    Sean Jones
                    Jermaine Phillips
                    That's about it
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Broncos

We could bring back Nick Ferguson?!! Was released by Houston. (it's a joke, O.K.)
                    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Working...
                    X