TD v. Priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD v. Priest

OK, now I forgot what thread I was reading but some Chief fans were talking major smack about Priest being way better than Terrell................... Let the numbers speak for themselves..........

Games GS Yds TD's SB's

TD 78 77 7607 60 2
    PH 90 61 6449 56 1

We won't even mention where TD might be had it not been for the injuries..............

No contest

Definatly!!
    Terrel was and still is a great back. He got injured and i suppose thats the way of the world. All you priest fans remember Terrels got two superbowls back to back under his name has priest holmes??
    NO!!!
    Please God don't let the Pats win the Superbowl!! AGAIN

Comment

actually priest has started in 12 more games than terrell did and his numbers still aren't as good. And until priest gets 2000 yards rushing this is a closed book.
      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

this is stupid

This argument will go no where.

....it's always going to be a matter of opinion and no numbers or stats are going to change anyone's mind on this.

Move on people.
        -----------------------------------------
        Is Atwater around? Terrell Owens needs a SMACK DOWN!

Comment

Re: this is stupid

Originally posted by orange_crush77
          This argument will go no where.

....it's always going to be a matter of opinion and no numbers or stats are going to change anyone's mind on this.

Move on people.
          Great point, orange_crush77. Chiefs fans will obviously tout Priest. Broncos fans will die before giving him credit over TD.

Priest IS great. Terrell WAS great. Why belittle either guy?
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
            actually priest has started in 12 more games than terrell did and his numbers still aren't as good. And until priest gets 2000 yards rushing this is a closed book.
            TD started 77 games; Priest has started 61 if the stats here are correct. PH has played in more games, but started far fewer.

Overall, Priest has 8879 yards rushing and receiving on 1,626 touches for 62 TDs and an average per touch of 5.46 yards and a touchdown every 26.22 touches.

TD has 8857 yards rushing and receiving on 1,824 touches with 68 TDs and an average per touch of 4.87 yards and an touchdown every 26.82 touches.

To be fair, PH gains more per touch and scores more frequently per touch.

I think it's relatively futile to try to compare backs in this case because TD did it in a shorter time but lacked some of the durability Priest has shown coming back from injuries.

Having said that, I'd take either of them on my team.
            Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

According to the first post, which no has disagreed with the stats PH has played 90, while TD started 78. 90-78=12. Find the stats with only starting games then we might talk. even then it is still a closed book until PH gets 2000 rushing.
              Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Running back, emphasis on the word RUNNING

even with all his receptions he can barely catch up to TD

Comment

Re: Re: No contest

Originally posted by horseface
                  Priest has one...and he's looking at another...
                  Refresh me, please -- what SB for Priest? (Not being antagonistic, just can't for the life of me remember).

Broncos_chick

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                    Running back, emphasis on the word RUNNING

even with all his receptions he can barely catch up to TD
                    Oh ... I didn't realize we were only selectively counting running plays (I must missed the memo from the NFl saying that yards gained receiving don't count). I don't think you can only count a portion of what makes up the total player. That would be like discounting Steve McNair or Michal Vick's mobility as part of his overall QB skills, which is vital to their success.
                    Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: No contest

Originally posted by broncos_chick
                      Refresh me, please -- what SB for Priest? (Not being antagonistic, just can't for the life of me remember).

Broncos_chick
                      3 years ago with Baltimore.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: No contest

Broncos_chick
                        He was a backup running back for the Ravens 2000 Super Bowl team.
                        ------

Comment

OK, thanks for the info Javalon and ReasonableChief.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                            According to the first post, which no has disagreed with the stats PH has played 90, while TD started 78. 90-78=12. Find the stats with only starting games then we might talk. even then it is still a closed book until PH gets 2000 rushing.
                            I think you're misreading the first post and confusing games with starts.

It states that TD has played 78 games, starting 77.
                            It states that PH has played 90 games, starting 61.

Comment

OK, thanks for the info Javalon and ReasonableChief.
                              No problem. And, while Priest might have a Super Bowl ring, rushing 4 times for 8 yards doesn't exactly equate to TD's Super Bowl performances.

(I'm not slamming Priest, but bringing up his SB ring wasn't a huge point in his favor when comparing it to TD's 2 rings that he earned.)
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X