TD v. Priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
    I think you're misreading the first post and confusing games with starts.

It states that TD has played 78 games, starting 77.
    It states that PH has played 90 games, starting 61.
    Find the stats that include only games started!! Then we might talk, but again it is closed book till he gets 2000 yards rushing and he gets SB. Sorry but td's trophy room is full, while priest hasn't even built one.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Find the stats that show only the stats from the games they have started in!! Those stats are their all time stats.

He has a SB ring for warming up the bench. I'm sure that is worth a lot when compared to the SB MVP and his TWO SUPER WINS AS A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR!!! NOT!!

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
        and one 2000 yard season doesn't "close the book
        Yes it does actually. You just won't admit to it because you are a squaw fan.

You too Cutler.

Comment

games started tell the tale because Priest played a few years as a back up before he truly hit the scene. In those years, he came in during garbage time and got a few yards, but that shows nothing about his career as the #1 back when he was the man. they record games started because it is a more telling tell of how a running back does when he is the starting guy. As a starter, Priest will easily have the better #'s.
          PROVE IT!!! SHOW ME THE STATS!! How can I explain it any simpler than that. Right now it is only your opinion and your gut feeling which is completely worthless to me and everyother person here. that is not meant as a slam, my opinion is worthless also if I don't have anything to back it up.

You too Cutler.

Comment

you simply said he didn't have a ring...that's all I was refuting.
            I never mentioned anything about him not having one. I know he does. As a BACKUP!!

You too Cutler.

Comment

sorry I meant to include as a starter on that and I thought I changed it.

You too Cutler.

Comment

the point remains that TD is still better. And it is your job to prove otherwise because you are in the minority on this.

You too Cutler.

Comment

It's obvious that Priest has a higher per carry average, higher per catch average, scores more frequently and is more durable.

TD did have 4 outstanding years and three injury plagued seasons before retiring.

At the end of this season, they will both have had 7 NFL seasons under their belt. Priest didn't play much his first year (0 carries and 0 catches) and TD missed almost the equivalent of 2 years with injuries. We'll see how they compare at the end of the season this year.

By the way ... is Davis officially retired? The NFL still lists him and has him with 9 years of experience. Just wondered if there was a salary cap issue with him.
                  Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                    the point remains that TD is still better. And it is your job to prove otherwise because you are in the minority on this.
                    Still better?
                    I don't think you'd get one NFL coach to say the TD is better than Holmes right now.
                    Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

It's obvious that Priest has a higher per carry average, higher per catch average, scores more frequently and is more durable.
                      Prove it with stats from games they started!!
                      We'll see how they compare at the end of the season this year.
                      [/B]
                      Take his best 4 years and compare them to TD's. Then maybe we will talk. But again, TD took his team to the SB for two years straight and won (SB MVP also). PH has a SB has a freaking backup!!
                      By the way ... is Davis officially retired? The NFL still lists him and has him with 9 years of experience. Just wondered if there was a salary cap issue with him. [/B]
                      He isn't officially, but even he said like 2 months ago it was impossible for him to come back so it must be salary cap issues.
                      Last edited by rascal; 12-01-2003, 11:21 AM.

You too Cutler.

Comment

2 totally different backs! I would think TD was great, but Holmes is a monster!

Always know how to get into that endzone!

One thing is that I haven't seen Priest break a big one....what is his longest this year?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Priest Holmes's numbers are great as far as running yards are concerned. Add in his recieving yards and he becomes an exceptional weapon. No one can deny the usefullness of a two dimensional running back.

Using the SB ring as an indication of wether or not someone is good, would make Barry Sanders a bad running back and Dan Marino a bad QB.
                          Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

he'll simply be surpassed by one of the best
                            which is not PH. Sure he may have some great stats but so does TD. TD has the hardware to back it up, whereas PH has a SB as a BACKUP!!

You too Cutler.

Comment

Just to add fuel to the fire...

Terrell had four full seasons where he was the primary starter:

Year Team G GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ FD
                              1995 Denver Broncos 14 14 237 1117 4.7 60 7 7 58
                              1996 Denver Broncos 16 16 345 1538 4.5 71 13 6 92
                              1997 Denver Broncos 15 15 369 1750 4.7 50 15 5 99
                              1998 Denver Broncos 16 16 392 2008 5.1 70 21 15 100

Priest has had three full seasons as the primary starter plus the current season still in progress:

Year Team G GS Att Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ FD
                              1998 Baltimore Ravens 16 13 233 1008 4.3 56 7 5 54
                              2001 Kansas City Chiefs 16 16 327 1555 4.8 41 8 11 80
                              2002 Kansas City Chiefs 14 14 313 1615 5.2 56 21 9 100

plus this season still under way:
                              2003 Kansas City Chiefs 12 12 252 1177 4.7 31 17 6 68

During these 4 comparable seasons:

TD had 6413 yards on 1343 carries for a 4.78 avg.
                              Priest has 5355 yards on 1125 carries for a 4.76 avg.

TD has 56 TD's in 61 games for .918 per game.
                              Priest has 53 TD's in 58 games for .914 per game.

Now, these stats don't include receiving. Priest has about twice the yards, similar yards per catch, and similar number of TD's. But would he have these stats if KC had any productive receivers? Probably not, but that's just different situations the two backs were in.

Finally, these stats are ONLY for the regular season. TD has quite a bit more on his resume in post-season stats.

These guys have very similar rushing stats and shouldn't be deemed as one better than the other. They're both great. What's more, both guys are great individuals outside of football, which is another feature they shared and, in my opinion, the best thing about them.
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

read the post directly above yours rascal...a SB doesn't make a player the best...as Cheapseats said, Marino and Sanders are two of the very best of all time...but no Super bowls...you might want to get over that. Michael Pittman also has a SB...is he one of the best?
                                I read it. But what about the person with both the stats and the hardware? TD has both, PH does not. Which IMHO makes him the better back. And yes I know about his SB ring has BACKUP!

Thanks for the stats by the way.
                                Last edited by rascal; 12-01-2003, 11:39 AM.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Working...
                                X