No announcement yet.

TD v. Priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Bronco's WR sucked like chiefs maybe TD would have had the passing yards.
    Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
      I read it. But what about the person with both the stats and the hardware? TD has both, PH does not. Which IMHO makes him the better back. And yes I know about his SB ring has BACKUP!

Thanks for the stats by the way.
      All a SB ring means is that the TEAM won the Super Bowl. It doesn't mean that Terrel is better than anyone else. The SB ring really doesn't carry as much weight as do stats.
      Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats
        The SB ring really doesn't carry as much weight as do stats.
        Unless of course they have two as a major contributor, not a back up, with a SB MVP to match!!

Sorry I forgot to mention the league MVP thing. That must not be worth anything also.
        Last edited by rascal; 12-01-2003, 11:48 AM.

You too Cutler.

Comment

All a SB ring means is that the TEAM won the Super Bowl. It doesn't mean that Terrel is better than anyone else. The SB ring really doesn't carry as much weight as do stats.
          Thats why everyone wants the ring more than life itself.

Stats carry weight with writers and fans, for the players its all about the rings.
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
            If Bronco's WR sucked like chiefs maybe TD would have had the passing yards.
            If TD could have been as competent of a reciever as PH, then maybe he would have gotten more balls thrown his way.
            Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Darn. I was hoping you guys would admit your receivers suck. All well.

Very well said pikeman.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
                the league MVP thing...you mean kind of like Priest winning the NFL Offensive Player of the year award...leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage last year...and winning the NFL rushing title the year before...that sure is an empty trophy room.
                How many of those did terrell also have?

You too Cutler.

Comment

If TD could have been as competent of a reciever as PH, then maybe he would have gotten more balls thrown his way.
                  Hey now, TD was a good receiver. But he didn't have to catch as many because we had more talented wide receivers (no offense) while Priest pretty much shares his catches only with Tony G.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Well...if I had to say who's better....all I can throw in is: TD, two super bowls, 1 MVP and one Super Bowl MVP.

But statistically....Priest is a lot stronger back.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Just for fun I though I'd throw another name into this debate since you all are hung up on priest and TD.
                      How about a little fella named Marshall Faulk?
                      Just thought he might be better comparison to Holmes because he is more of an all purpose back.

TD far and away the best "running back" out of the three.
                      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

You already know, since you apparently study Bronco stats more than most Bronco fans. If, which won't happen, PH wins a SB and gets SB MVP then I will say that they are even. Until then, give me the guy that get it done in the clutch.

Just curious not for bragging rights or anything how many Pro Bowl's has PH had?
                        Last edited by rascal; 12-01-2003, 12:17 PM.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
                          Just for fun I though I'd throw another name into this debate since you all are hung up on priest and TD.
                          How about a little fella named Marshall Faulk?
                          Just thought he might be better comparison to Holmes because he is more of an all purpose back.

TD far and away the best "running back" out of the three.
                          I have to agree that he is the better all purpose back.
                          Last edited by rascal; 12-01-2003, 12:17 PM.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
                            If were talking all purpose backs...TD isn't even on the list. He was a great running back...but Marshall Faulk and Priest are two of the best "all purpose backs" the NFL has seen.
                            I was refering to MF.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Still, I think some credit has to be given to durability. I think that's the only question that could keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

Terrell was unable to stay healthy, but he did have 4 great seasons. I will grant you that for those 4 seasons, TD was as good as anyone has been, but his last 3 were pretty pedestrian due to the injuries.

Perhaps this discussion should be continued a couple years down the road, when we can compare careers as opposed to a 4-year run. At that point, I think better judgements can be made.

One thing I did find interesting about TD on NFL.com. He fumbled 20 times in his career, but never lost one. Surely that's a misprint or a stroke of good fortune, but that's pretty impressive for someone's career. Priest, by comparison, has fumbled 11 times and lost 8. (By comparison, Tiki Barber has fumbled 42 times in his NFL career, losing 12).

As I said before, I'd be happy to have TD or PH on my team any time. They both have their strengths and only limited weaknesses (I think one would have to get picky on either of them).
                              Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

I can agree with that last statement. I didn't know about TD's fumble record. That is impressive.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Working...
                                X