No announcement yet.

TD v. Priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that TD had 20 fumbles 8 lost (PH has 11 and 8)

I dont think you can necessarily say someone has better staying power (paraphrasing) than another due to injuries. TD's injury had nothing to do with lack of conditioning. Sometimes you get hit wrong, someone rolls over you in an akward way, it's a fluke thing. I'm not sure if he will make it to the Hall cause his career was cut short, who knows. But post season stats really do matter when it comes to the Hall......Look at Donnie Baseball, he doesnt have much in the way of post season stats (due to lack of appearance) and no ring...........it just may keep him out of the Hall and we all know he deserves in (dont we Broncs Bomber )

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      I found that TD had 20 fumbles 8 lost (PH has 11 and 8)

I dont think you can necessarily say someone has better staying power (paraphrasing) than another due to injuries. TD's injury had nothing to do with lack of conditioning. Sometimes you get hit wrong, someone rolls over you in an akward way, it's a fluke thing. I'm not sure if he will make it to the Hall cause his career was cut short, who knows. But post season stats really do matter when it comes to the Hall......Look at Donnie Baseball, he doesnt have much in the way of post season stats (due to lack of appearance) and no ring...........it just may keep him out of the Hall and we all know he deserves in (dont we Broncs Bomber )
      I'm glad you cleared up that fumble thing ... that was bordering on unbelieveable, but it was on NFL.com so I figured it was accurate. Still ... only 20 fumbles in 1800 touches .... impressive.

As for the Hall of Fame, I think TD will probably get in there; I'm trying to think of a reason anyone would think he wasn't good enough, other than the injury issue. His numbers compare favorably with Gale Sayers, who is in but had a short career due to injuries. But then again, no one ran like Gale Sayers, and he did handle kickoff & punt returns as well.
      Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
        I'm glad you cleared up that fumble thing ... that was bordering on unbelieveable, but it was on NFL.com so I figured it was accurate. Still ... only 20 fumbles in 1800 touches .... impressive.

As for the Hall of Fame, I think TD will probably get in there; I'm trying to think of a reason anyone would think he wasn't good enough, other than the injury issue. His numbers compare favorably with Gale Sayers, who is in but had a short career due to injuries. But then again, no one ran like Gale Sayers, and he did handle kickoff & punt returns as well.
        As a Broncos and Terrell Davis fan, I sure hope he can squeak into the Hall. But he definitely won't be a first ballot selection because his career was cut short.

2000 yard season plus:

Super Bowl XXXII Most Valuable Player
        All-Pro: 1996, 1997, 1998
        Pro Bowls: 1996, 1997, 1998
        NFL Rookie of the Year: 1995 (Football Digest)
        NFL Offensive Player of the Year: 1996, 1998 (AP)
        NFL Player of the Year: 1996 (Sports Illustrated)
        AFC Player of the Year: 1997
        NFL Rushing Leader: 1998
        AFC Rushing Leader: 1996, 1997, 1998
        NFL Most Valuable Player: 1998 (AP, PFW, PFWAA)
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
          As a Broncos and Terrell Davis fan, I sure hope he can squeak into the Hall. But he definitely won't be a first ballot selection because his career was cut short.

2000 yard season plus:

Super Bowl XXXII Most Valuable Player
          All-Pro: 1996, 1997, 1998
          Pro Bowls: 1996, 1997, 1998
          NFL Rookie of the Year: 1995 (Football Digest)
          NFL Offensive Player of the Year: 1996, 1998 (AP)
          NFL Player of the Year: 1996 (Sports Illustrated)
          AFC Player of the Year: 1997
          NFL Rushing Leader: 1998
          AFC Rushing Leader: 1996, 1997, 1998
          NFL Most Valuable Player: 1998 (AP, PFW, PFWAA)
          I see that SI Cover Jinx finally got him ...
          Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Man am I ever glad I bookmarked this Priest Holmes message board.
            I can't think of anything better than hearing KC fans talk about Holmes all day long.

Meanwhile I ponder how bad clinton portis is gonna run over their 20 something ranked D on sunday.

TD is gone people, live in the now. The Now says that if the running game doesn't show up on Sunday kiss the playoffs goodbye.
            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
              there are other threads you can post on...this one was started by a Bronco fan and talks about Priest Holmes...we're just following suit.
              There sure are a lot of you (chiefs fans)around these days. Kinda like **** roaches, only with personality. Well some of you...have personality.
              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

there are other threads you can post on...this one was started by a Bronco fan and talks about Priest Holmes...we're just following suit.
                I hate when KC fans take the words right out of my mouth, it means we think alike......LOL :p

If I wanted to talk about this weeks game I would go to one of the many threads started about THIS WEEKS GAME...........

I started this thread to talk about TD and PH, so if you dont wanna talk about THEM dont come in here, its that simple

Comment

Yea, horseface is cool tho pikman...him and KCChieffans I have no beef with and are actually unignored! So not all Chiefers are bad =)

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
                    Yea, horseface is cool tho pikman...him and KCChieffans I have no beef with and are actually unignored! So not all Chiefers are bad =)
                    HAHAHAHAHA!
                    We'll miss you barrel man.

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                      You know, I read 5 pages of back and forth about this Holmes vs TD thing, and I have to say: I'm amazed.

I'm amazed that NONE of you realize that Holmes and TD are basically the same guy.

BOTH:
                      -have/had INCREDIBLE offensive lines
                      -operate in an offense that absolutely dominates teams it plays
                      -actually have class in their end-zone celebrations
                      -seem to be incredibly classy guys on AND off the field
                      -are capable of taking it to the house, either running OR receiving

Not to mention:
                      TD: 5'11" and 210#
                      PH: 5'9" and 213#

They are the SAME guy!!

TD rushed for more because the Broncos emphasized the run with him during his heyday (thus, 2008 in a year). PH gets more total yards because he's given an opportunity to be more versatile in KC's offense. There really weren't many all-purpose backs in the NFL when TD was prominent, by the way. Faulk and Edge led the charge into that realm...everyone else has followed suit.

But either way, to give either one of them credit for 5 pages without even MENTIONING the dominance of their O lines is just ridiculous. There was ONE post that even mentioned it being a TEAM sport, but still nothing about the O lines in front of these two.

Second, once again, this is a ridiculous forum to have this discussion. Not because the KC fans will think Holmes is the best RB in the universe, and not because the Broncos fans know that we may have never SEEN a Super Bowl victory if not for TD.

It's ridiculous because you could compare stats on Homes and PORTIS THIS year, and STILL not come out with a clear winner.

Holmes has 1736 all-purpose yards this year, and he's started and played in 12 FULL games (i.e.: he was not taken out early during any of them).

Portis has 1506 all-purpose yards this year. He's started in 11 games this year. But, he was taken out of the San Diego game at the end of the first quarter (actually, with 48 seconds left in the first quarter), and he only played until about 8 minutes left in the second quarter of the Oakland game.

So (madly punching away at the calculator), that's actually:
                      11 games started - (3/4 of the San Diego game) - (5/8 of the Oakland game) = 9.625 games he's played in.

So:
                      PH this year...144.67 YPG (all-purpose), 5.65 YPP (per play)
                      CP this year...156.47 YPG (all-purpose), 5.68 YPP (per play)

Arguably, the YPP average is probably the best way to compare them, especially if you're going to talk about all-purpose yards.

So - since this was brought up by a Bronco fan - why are we talking about how good some guy is compared to our FORMER RB?
                      How about we focus on the NOW?

See, THIS way, we'll get to see them head-to-head this week!

I know, I know...I'm the same idiot who keeps preaching and preaching about not running up the middle on plays inside the 5.

Hey, wait...did anyone see the TDs by Marshall Faulk and Priest Holmes this weekend?
                      How about the one at the end of the game by Edge?

Oh, that's right...maybe I'm NOT such an idiot after all.

Can't use your athleticism to make a guy miss too often in the middle where there are 16 guys, now can you?
                      There was an ad for Broncos Offensive Coordinator in the Denver Post on Sunday, in case you're still interested.

BTW ... sorry about the Gators. That was a tuff one.

Comment

not to be overly critical here...but Priest has been replaced in the end of quite a few games this season. The first San Diego game, the Pittsburgh game, the Houston game, and Browns game, and the Buffalo game all come to mind. We should break it down by the minute to make up for his absence in the end of those games...obviously I'm joking here.
                        Hey HF.
                        Bcollin is long winded enough without you copying his every quote every time. I read it once I don't need to scroll that much again.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                          Yeah, that even annoys me.

I'm like "Dude...it took me 10 minutes to TYPE that. I sure as hell don't want to READ it again!"

Hey...if I quack like a duck and I walk like a duck, then that's one LONG WINDED duck!
                          At least you're filling my quota for required words read in a day.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Would you BOTH please take it to private messages if you wish to make it personal?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

So I take it that there is some consensus that TD & Priest are pretty good RBs and Chiefs and Broncos fans will never see quite eye to eye on the subject?

Not sure that debate merited 7 pages but I contributed my share.

Kum Ba Ya.

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
                                So I take it that there is some consensus that TD & Priest are pretty good RBs and Chiefs and Broncos fans will never see quite eye to eye on the subject?

Not sure that debate merited 7 pages but I contributed my share.

Kum Ba Ya.
                                You know, if anyone's 'handle' on here really fits, its yours.

And your economy of words is stunning.

and humorous

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                                You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                                X