Jarvis...keep coming on!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    The first round is not for developmental players. If they viewed him as such then they made a mistake in drafting him.
    Thats not true. OL and defensive line are OFTEN positions that are expected to be 'developmental' players. QBs are often drafted to sit a year or so, developing. So First Round picks are OFTEN chosen based on their athletic skills and potential to be developmental players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      Thats not true. OL and defensive line are OFTEN positions that are expected to be 'developmental' players. QBs are often drafted to sit a year or so, developing. So First Round picks are OFTEN chosen based on their athletic skills and potential to be developmental players.
      I agree! QBs are rare 1st year starters, in spite of what Ryan and Flacco are doing, and dline is the one place I want to go via FA for sure, because there is no such guarantee that even a 1st round stud dlineman will make an immediate impact in the NFL. There are far too many examples, but one of relevance of late is Vernon Gholston, who was a dream pick IMO. He's struggling. Again, far too many examples. In my observation, even the best college dliners need a 2nd year to prove their worth.

Comment

Amazing.......................

It is amazing how some posters still claim "they didn't need to move up" to draft Moss. Hindsight is 20-20 and the team wanted his skills. He is still a very young player and he has improved with time on the field. WIll these naysayers apologize when Moss starts to dominate? I seriously doubt it. All these GM wannabes need to realize that they don't have one tenth of the knowledge, experience, or information utilized to make draft decisions. The Broncos are not perfect, but not one of these fans qualifies to open their mouths. Fans have the right to complain, but good fans understand they are just fans and support the efforts of the organization.

Comment

You mean Denver's DE's actually have to stay after practice to work on the only pass rush move that they ever use? Nothing the Broncos do on defense makes any sense.......

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69 View Post
            It is amazing how some posters still claim "they didn't need to move up" to draft Moss. Hindsight is 20-20 and the team wanted his skills. He is still a very young player and he has improved with time on the field. WIll these naysayers apologize when Moss starts to dominate? I seriously doubt it. All these GM wannabes need to realize that they don't have one tenth of the knowledge, experience, or information utilized to make draft decisions. The Broncos are not perfect, but not one of these fans qualifies to open their mouths. Fans have the right to complain, but good fans understand they are just fans and support the efforts of the organization.
            Typical.

Yet they wouldn't be any worse in the draft than the Broncos have been, as usual you're giving the Broncos too much credit.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              Typical.

Yet they wouldn't be any worse in the draft than the Broncos have been, as usual you're giving the Broncos too much credit.......
              IMO you are about three years late with that post. In the last three years, they have nearly retooled the entire offense with the draft. They have added some young players on the defense that appear to be players. We'll have to wait and see but you could do much worse in the draft than our recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                IMO you are about three years late with that post. In the last three years, they have nearly retooled the entire offense with the draft. They have added some young players on the defense that appear to be players. We'll have to wait and see but you could do much worse in the draft than our recent history.
                Dean, I'm as excited about Denver's recent drafts as anybody, but they haven't drafted a damn thing on defense since DJ Williams, the rest have been backups at best.

Since 1995, this team has only drafted 16 players that have ever been what you would call a legitimate starter (most of which are gone btw), and since drafting Williams in 04, they've had only 4 players EARN starting jobs, two of which (Dumervil and Darrent Williams) should have been backups.

I'm one of those people that actually WANTED Denver to take Moss over Reggie Nelson, still think they made the right decision too, fat load of good Nelson's 30 tackles and one Int has done for a team that is now finding out how the other half live with a poor defensive line, and their DL isn't nearly as pathetic as Denver's. And I still have hope for all the 07 defensive players, but the rest are nothing more than backups, imo.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  Dean, I'm as excited about Denver's recent drafts as anybody, but they haven't drafted a damn thing on defense since DJ Williams, the rest have been backups at best.

Since 1995, this team has only drafted 16 players that have ever been what you would call a legitimate starter (most of which are gone btw), and since drafting Williams in 04, they've had only 4 players EARN starting jobs, two of which (Dumervil and Darrent Williams) should have been backups.

I'm one of those people that actually WANTED Denver to take Moss over Reggie Nelson, still think they made the right decision too, fat load of good Nelson's 30 tackles and one Int has done for a team that is now finding out how the other half live with a poor defensive line, and their DL isn't nearly as pathetic as Denver's. And I still have hope for all the 07 defensive players, but the rest are nothing more than backups, imo.......

Stnzed--- I agree with about 95% of your post...But this is the 5% I beleive your wrong...Larson,Woodyard(FA), we haven't seen Powell yet or Barret...It's hard to hold judgement on Moss yet...Thomas has had a pretty good two years...and they haven't gave Crowder a chance yet...

I get what your saying and I really do think our whole draft should be around Safties and D-line...Boss is ok,Dj is Dj, and I really think Larson and Woodyard will be here for awhile...Nate and Winborn are pretty good backups...We need a Bob Sanders type player...IE Mr.Wilson from Arizona...But if we make the playoff's I really dont think guys like Orhpk (mp) from Texas wont be there Moore the Saftey wont be there...so do you go top player...Top running back or do you go Interior D-line...You have two young D-ends with Doom...What do you think? We need that featured back...but we also need a saftey...and D-line...If your gm and you have the second saftey on the board and the # 3-5 Lineman on the board or the top RB like Wells or Moreno, Ringer, Mccoy...who do you take?
                  sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Jarvis Moss along with the rest of the Dline will always be scrubs, except Dumervil on passing downs.
                    KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                      Stnzed--- I agree with about 95% of your post...But this is the 5% I beleive your wrong...Larson,Woodyard(FA), we haven't seen Powell yet or Barret...It's hard to hold judgement on Moss yet...Thomas has had a pretty good two years...and they haven't gave Crowder a chance yet...

I get what your saying and I really do think our whole draft should be around Safties and D-line...Boss is ok,Dj is Dj, and I really think Larson and Woodyard will be here for awhile...Nate and Winborn are pretty good backups...We need a Bob Sanders type player...IE Mr.Wilson from Arizona...But if we make the playoff's I really dont think guys like Orhpk (mp) from Texas wont be there Moore the Saftey wont be there...so do you go top player...Top running back or do you go Interior D-line...You have two young D-ends with Doom...What do you think? We need that featured back...but we also need a saftey...and D-line...If your gm and you have the second saftey on the board and the # 3-5 Lineman on the board or the top RB like Wells or Moreno, Ringer, Mccoy...who do you take?
                      Good post, and I don't disagree that Larsen and Woodyard will be here a long time, they're just not starters and that's what Denver needs.

Larsen, Woodyard, Dumervil, Moss, Crowder and Barrett could all be solid contributors, but Moss and Crowder are the only two I hold any hope of starting. Put it this way, they're the only two you'd WANT to be starting, aside from maybe Barrett, the rest of them you'd constantly be trying to upgrade.

As for me being GM, I don't don't bother drafting a Safety at all, not till the front seven is improved significantly, that's unless the No-Brainer best available difference maker is in fact a safety. Far too many people seem obsessed with this "We must draft 3 or 4 S's or we're all DOOMED", I'm not one of them. A safety worth a crap can be found in free agency.

That's what cracks me up about all the mocks, these people can pick anybody they want with their 1st round pick and every single one of them pick a Safety, like THAT'S going to magically fix the second worse defense in the league. Jacksonville drafted the Safety they all wanted two years ago and got WORSE on defense, not because he isn't a good player but because the DL and LB play has regressed.
                      Boss Bailey I do like but he is a China Doll.......Nate Webster and Jaime Winborn.......Pfft! Who cares?

As for the RB, I'd take Wells, I haven't seen much of McCoy and what I've seen of Moreno and Ringer just wasn't all that great.

These are all just my opinions, True Believers, so save the whiny F'ing PM's.......
                      Last edited by stnzed; 11-28-2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

hell yeah get r done brother

sigpic

Comment

Jarvis Moss.... I just cant believe that he is on the team. The guy is a joke. He was a terrible pick, and he will never be an avg NFL Player. Hell he was barely an avg college player. I hope Denver wises up next season and just releases him. Then maybe the guy can go do something that he can be good at.... I am thinking Subway, or Wal-Mart Greeter
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                            Jarvis Moss.... I just cant believe that he is on the team. The guy is a joke. He was a terrible pick, and he will never be an avg NFL Player. Hell he was barely an avg college player. I hope Denver wises up next season and just releases him. Then maybe the guy can go do something that he can be good at.... I am thinking Subway, or Wal-Mart Greeter
                            This is the same guy that said we would win 4 to 6 games... All offseason it was Broncos sux this Broncos sux that Jap...SHUT-UP...your getting really old with your total lack of football knowledge...You cant believe he's on the team? Barely good in college...I guess every team in the NFL was just fooled by him right...I guess your smarter than all the scouts...I guess you can see the future and tell us what he's gonna be like in 2 more years...I have news for you Doom, EE, Crowder, any of our DE haven't done a whole lot...Moss is the best DE we have right at this very second...Your just mad becouse all offseason you claimed we would suck we would start out the season 0-4, we have no this no that...So you were wrong and so now all you have is to rest on another prediction you had that Moss would sux...Well you've been wrong about everything else...You'll see how big he comes up in these next few games...And if your right what would that make you 1-5 betting against a team you love...Way to Jap what a great fan...
                            sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                              This is the same guy that said we would win 4 to 6 games... All offseason it was Broncos sux this Broncos sux that Jap...SHUT-UP...your getting really old with your total lack of football knowledge...You cant believe he's on the team? Barely good in college...I guess every team in the NFL was just fooled by him right...I guess your smarter than all the scouts...I guess you can see the future and tell us what he's gonna be like in 2 more years...I have news for you Doom, EE, Crowder, any of our DE haven't done a whole lot...Moss is the best DE we have right at this very second...Your just mad becouse all offseason you claimed we would suck we would start out the season 0-4, we have no this no that...So you were wrong and so now all you have is to rest on another prediction you had that Moss would sux...Well you've been wrong about everything else...You'll see how big he comes up in these next few games...And if your right what would that make you 1-5 betting against a team you love...Way to Jap what a great fan...
                              Apparently you don't know sarcasm when you see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X