Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Tony Romo have that Jay doesn't??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Tony Romo have that Jay doesn't??

When Romo throws the deep ball he's throwing passes that his WRs have a chance to grab 9 out of 10 times. Most hit the receiver's hands in stride. Where is that in Cutler, since he tries it so often?

Sorry I couldn't resist. These beautiful bombs down the field vs. Seattle are making me wonder "what if?"

Oh ****

lets see first of all he has WRs that catch the long ball

and second he has a running game that demands respect
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

People don't call Marshall "Baby TO" for no reason.

Eddie Royal has plenty of speed to go deep.

Take away his 17 yarder and Marion Barber has been kept to 15 yards on 9 carries.

Hillis had 74 yards on 17 carries. That's efficient, and Cutler still was throwing pretty bad long balls all day.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post

Well, it's easier for them to catch the long ball because they don't have to deal with triple coverage because of the good run game.

Comment

Jessica Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
            People don't call Marshall "Baby TO" for no reason.

Eddie Royal has plenty of speed to go deep.

Take away his 17 yarder and Marion Barber has been kept to 15 yards on 9 carries.

Hillis had 74 yards on 17 carries. That's efficient, and Cutler still was throwing pretty bad long balls all day.
            Marion Barber is the 10th best statistically at Running The ball with 838 yards. And 4 yards a carry.

Do not even begin to tell me Hillis as a runner is as effective as Barber.

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
              Marion Barber is the 10th best statistically at Running The ball with 838 yards. And 4 yards a carry.

Do not even begin to tell me Hillis as a runner is as effective as Barber.
              No way I would tell you that.

But our run game was working with Hillis against Oakland.

Comment

No way I would tell you that.

But our run game was working with Hillis against Oakland.
                Who would you fear more? Barber or Hillis?

Take that into effect, and you don't have to load the box like Oakland didn't have to do against us.

Barber makes that offense go, that's why their receivers get so open. Not to mention, Choice isn't playing bad at all right now.

Comment

Tony Romo throws a pretty nice long ball. His long ball leads the receiver so they can run after the catch. Jay Cutler seems to always under throw his receivers making them have to slow down to catch the pass. Cutlers best long ball was against arizona when he threw that pass to javon Walker.
                  Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                    Who would you fear more? Barber or Hillis?

Take that into effect, and you don't have to load the box like Oakland didn't have to do against us.

Barber makes that offense go, that's why their receivers get so open. Not to mention, Choice isn't playing bad at all right now.
                    Choice isn't helping my argument right now...

Barber is a beast, but Hillis hasn't shown any reason why defenses should ignore him either.

So then tell me, if we had efficieny running the ball with Hillis, why would Jay attempt to throw into double coverage 30-40 yards down the field all day when he had other (open) options right infront of him on 2nd/3rd and 6/5/4/etc.

Leading to my OP, Romo often makes those throws in coverage right on target. Since Jay has all the physical tools, why can't he control them like Tony? If he can't be accurate, he should look elsewhere. That's what is frustrating.

Comment

Jay makes up for it with those lasers into the smallest windows.The long ball will come.He just needs to fine tune the way he throws deep.His strength is those short to medium routes where he puts the ball on a line only the receiver can get to.Hes amazing at that.Hes up and down but has so much upside its silly the way he is talked about on here as being a bad qb.There are so few good qbs in the league anyway and this kid is special.

Comment

sorry but IMO Romo is way overrated. sure he's got great receivers to help him out, and he has a good running back to take the pressure off, but Romo hasn't done a thing. Never won a playoff game, never been to a Super Bowl, just an overrated, overhyped, overexaggerated Steve Bono/Elvis Grbac.

Comment

Originally posted by 97svtinkc View Post
                          sorry but IMO Romo is way overrated. sure he's got great receivers to help him out, and he has a good running back to take the pressure off, but Romo hasn't done a thing. Never won a playoff game, never been to a Super Bowl, just an overrated, overhyped, overexaggerated Steve Bono/Elvis Grbac.
                          Jay hasn't even touched the playoffs. People expected him to be MVP after week 3. Given he struggles in half his games, he is overrated too. Don't hate me for saying these things, I love our QB, but I want to see some progression out of this inconsistent mode he seems to be in. Especially with the deep pass.

Comment

Choice isn't helping my argument right now...

Barber is a beast, but Hillis hasn't shown any reason why defenses should ignore him either.

So then tell me, if we had efficieny running the ball with Hillis, why would Jay attempt to throw into double coverage 30-40 yards down the field all day when he had other (open) options right infront of him on 2nd/3rd and 6/5/4/etc.

Leading to my OP, Romo often makes those throws in coverage right on target. Since Jay has all the physical tools, why can't he control them like Tony? If he can't be accurate, he should look elsewhere. That's what is frustrating.
                            Romo has been starting longer. Experience helps you learn to check down, everyone had these same complaints about Elway.

This type of offense we run is best as a run first, pass second type. Instead of pass always, run if necessary. Not to mention, you could tell he was trying to do too much, Hillis killed us with that fumble in the red zone. If he hadn't had done that we would have killed the Raiders confidence.

If we could just get our running game going to the way it was (no one can tell me it's still as good as it was), Cutler will make less dumb mistakes, it's not a matter of skill. Just experience.

I'm looking forward to the next couple years. I never expected much out of this year. I AM however expecting tons out of the years to come.

Jay is still young. We need a running game to be his crutch instead of Marshall. Or even Scheffler.

Comment

That fumble was credited to Cutler, not Hillis. Even Cutler said after the game that the fumble was his fault because he executed the wrong play.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X