Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theshiverman
    replied
    Slowik, what a jack azz!, and im not saying this because of this article, its just a general comment from my heart, Bob is one of these DC that dont have any ballz, he wont call a blitz or have any press coverage on 1st and ten, instead he plays the DBs off 8 yards and gives up enough yards to constantly keep the defense defending 2nd or 3rd and short yardage, he is a 'bend but dont break guy' not a agressive bone in his body, always trying to play it safe, when he does blitz he does it at the wrong time like that 3rd and 19 against Miami a few weeks ago, that was one time when you actually needed to play 'bend dont break' and have your corners play off 10 yards, you look around the NFL and start naming some of the better DC's and the one thing these guys have in common, they are agressive play callers , the guy we have running our Defense looks like a passive-agressive dork, the only thing missing is a pair of spock ears and his underwear hanging out after an atomic wedgie, the men he is supposed to be leading are agressive by nature and usually a defense takes on the personality of the guy leading them, that could be why our defense has been getting pushed around all season

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by rev_rock View Post
    Does anyone see what's being said here? Whether you completely agree with Slowik or not, he just described our own offense. This whole season, the offense has been almost totally one-dimensional. Pass-pass-pass. Look at last week's game. How many times was there an empty backfield? How many times did Cutler try to throw the deep ball down the right sideline? And people wonder why we lost? Slowik just told us!! Even when your running game is virtually shut down, you've still got to try and mix things up to make plays happen. Run an option. Do a pitch. Try a reverse. SOMETHING! The same play over and over just doesn't get it!

:salute!:
    I must have missed that part......

Leave a comment:

• rev_rock
    replied
    Originally posted by cutler4thewin View Post
    we did try a reverse..............
    Oh yeah, I forgot that one!

Leave a comment:

• cutler4thewin
    replied
    Originally posted by rev_rock View Post
    Does anyone see what's being said here? Whether you completely agree with Slowik or not, he just described our own offense. This whole season, the offense has been almost totally one-dimensional. Pass-pass-pass. Look at last week's game. How many times was there an empty backfield? How many times did Cutler try to throw the deep ball down the right sideline? And people wonder why we lost? Slowik just told us!! Even when your running game is virtually shut down, you've still got to try and mix things up to make plays happen. Run and option. Do a pitch. Try a reverse. SOMETHING! The same play over and over just doesn't get it!

we did try a reverse..............

Leave a comment:

• rev_rock
    replied
    Does anyone see what's being said here? Whether you completely agree with Slowik or not, he just described our own offense. This whole season, the offense has been almost totally one-dimensional. Pass-pass-pass. Look at last week's game. How many times was there an empty backfield? How many times did Cutler try to throw the deep ball down the right sideline? And people wonder why we lost? Slowik just told us!! Even when your running game is virtually shut down, you've still got to try and mix things up to make plays happen. Run an option. Do a pitch. Try a reverse. SOMETHING! The same play over and over just doesn't get it!

Last edited by rev_rock; 11-29-2008, 04:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AznBroncoFan
    replied
    Why was this bum hired anyway? I wish we had the Giants D-coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    While technically Slowik is right, Shanahan's game plan has always been to get out to early leads and let his defense pin their ears back (Time for that to change, btw), but Slowik shouldn't bring that up as a response to why there aren't more TO's and Sacks (If that's what he did).

More than anything, there isn't more TO's and Sacks because he is a pathetic DC with pathetic talent. First of all, this team never gets much of a pass rush, and secondly, this team was much better at getting TO's when Slowik was a position coach.......

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Slowick has been, and always will be a poor defensive coordinator.

It happened in Green Bay, and it's happening here.
    I doubt things will get much better IF we get a new D-coordinator next year. I think that the lack of talent of defense is the cause of most of the problem...most notibly the Safeties and Defensive Ends

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Slowick has been, and always will be a poor defensive coordinator.

It happened in Green Bay, and it's happening here.

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    if you read his comments again, he didn't say the ONLY time to get turnovers is when you have the lead. He said that you get MORE chances at turnovers when you have a lead.... and he's right.

When you get an early lead, teams throw the ball more. They are playing in catch up mode, and it allows your defense to pin their ears back, and the DBs to get more throws into the air.

Fumbles out of the backfield are MUCH more rare than fumbles from teh QB when getting sackes, WR fumbling the ball after a reception and hit, or an INT.

Not to mention, pass forcing the other team to be in passing mode gives up sacks, and a 3-n-out is basically a turnover. Sacks make it hard to get the first.

So slowik didn't say anything stupid.
    He looks stupid for saying it. In 2 of the first three games this year Denver had 21-3 leads. Not once did we see the 'agressive side' of Slowik. In fact the games were nail biters.

Pressure, hits, knockdowns on QB's usually lead to turnovers. Most QB's in this league tend to get a bit erratic and have happy feet after contact. Manning is a prime example and he is one of the 2 best QB's in this league.

In the Saints game we were up 21-3 and the D let them back into it.

We finally rush a pretty good QB in Matt Ryan but not Jamarcus! Did you notice when we got a good pressure on Ryan Bly ended up with a pick? Do you think that was happenstance?

The guy just doesn't get it. While he may have said the right thing he doesn't practice what he preaches.

I can't wait to see us rush 4 all day again tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    The fact is that we aren't getting turnovers. It's pathetic that our Defensive Tackle is tied for 1st place on the team in Interceptions...and we only have 4 Interceptions in the entire season!!

Leave a comment:

• Return of Lava
    replied
    Give me a break, we had early leads each of the first 3 weeks and Slowik's D scheme was prevent and they gave up TD to make the game close again.

Slowik is a freaking sorry guy to run your defense. I didnt hate any of the previous Coordinators, but Slowik is to corny to lead a defense worth anything.

Just read his numerous quotes, I hate this guy

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by cutler4thewin View Post
    im not sure if this is bad logic or something, but from where im sitting you can cause a TO on EVERY PLAY no matter what the score is, run or pass, so playing with a lead is just some made up sh*t. for some reason i really dont like slowik at all
    i can't imagine why.....

Leave a comment:

• cutler4thewin
    replied
    im not sure if this is bad logic or something, but from where im sitting you can cause a TO on EVERY PLAY no matter what the score is, run or pass, so playing with a lead is just some made up sh*t. for some reason i really dont like slowik at all

Leave a comment:

• SimonSteele
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    if you read his comments again, he didn't say the ONLY time to get turnovers is when you have the lead. He said that you get MORE chances at turnovers when you have a lead.... and he's right.

So slowik didn't say anything stupid.
    Yeah but we've had plenty of early leads and his coordinating hasn't come up even then. It just plays further off the ball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X