Jay Cutler 4 MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    He should be looked at, but won't get it.

Guys that will be considered

Brett Favre
    Kurt Warner
    Kerry Collins
    Peyton Manning
    I don't see Peyton Manning getting it. After the pick against the Buccs in a crucial moment I don't see Brees getting it, so I don't have a tiff with you not listing him. Kerry Collins probably won't get it now that the Titans fell a game. Here's something to think about--if a quarterback from a one loss team does win it, how about Eli Manning? I think his name may sprout up towards the end of the season if they do appear like they'll finish up 15-1.

Kurt Warner and Brett Favre hurt their chances with their losses this week. The Broncos have too many loses because of Cutler's inconsistency for Jay to win it, although he's certainly carried the team when we have won--but that's sort of the point to be made about his inconsistency.

Finally, don't count out Adrian Peterson. Clinton Portis was getting attention earlier on, and still may--but if a running back does come on for that type of consideration, it'll likely be Peterson down the stretch. But with a difficult schedule, I doubt he does it. Even though winning those games would go a long way towards winning over voters...

Comment

If we continue to play good football like we did today Cutler should at least get a mention. He was voted AFC offensive player of the month in September. When Jay is on we are close to unstoppable. He is not going to win it this year, but maybe in the future...
      sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
        I don't see Peyton Manning getting it. After the pick against the Buccs in a crucial moment I don't see Brees getting it, so I don't have a tiff with you not listing him. Kerry Collins probably won't get it now that the Titans fell a game. Here's something to think about--if a quarterback from a one loss team does win it, how about Eli Manning? I think his name may sprout up towards the end of the season if they do appear like they'll finish up 15-1.

Kurt Warner and Brett Favre hurt their chances with their losses this week. The Broncos have too many loses because of Cutler's inconsistency for Jay to win it, although he's certainly carried the team when we have won--but that's sort of the point to be made about his inconsistency.

Finally, don't count out Adrian Peterson. Clinton Portis was getting attention earlier on, and still may--but if a running back does come on for that type of consideration, it'll likely be Peterson down the stretch. But with a difficult schedule, I doubt he does it. Even though winning those games would go a long way towards winning over voters...
        Every one of the guys that will be considered would have lost a game. None will go undefeated. So I don't know if Kurt's loss to the Eagles hurts his play considering he's still played so well throughout the season. He's playing at a MVP level.

I think that Brees and Warner are still the top contenders. Peterson is a stud, but he's not putting up monster MVP numbers and has been non-existent a couple of games.

I don't think any RB in the NFL, as of right now, is a true contender for the MVP award.

As much as I like Cutler, and have liked his play this season..... he can't be considered for the MVP on a team that is just 7-5 in the worst division in the NFL. Just won't happen.

However.... If I have to pick one, I would pick Eli Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          Every one of the guys that will be considered would have lost a game. None will go undefeated. So I don't know if Kurt's loss to the Eagles hurts his play considering he's still played so well throughout the season. He's playing at a MVP level.

I think that Brees and Warner are still the top contenders. Peterson is a stud, but he's not putting up monster MVP numbers and has been non-existent a couple of games.

I don't think any RB in the NFL, as of right now, is a true contender for the MVP award.

As much as I like Cutler, and have liked his play this season..... he can't be considered for the MVP on a team that is just 7-5 in the worst division in the NFL. Just won't happen.

However.... If I have to pick one, I would pick Eli Manning.
          Eli Manning? He's been nothing more than a game manager. That team has won soley on the ground game and stout defense. Then when there's 8 guys in the box he drops some passes over the defense. No way I'd give him my vote.

I think Favre will get lots of votes cause it's the heart warming story. Old grizzled veteran gets cut from his team for the new hotshot QB, and then takes a terrible team into the playoffs.

Peyton Manning will get votes because he's been red hot on this Colts winning streak.

Cutler should get some votes but shouldn't win. However if we lose Cutler we are officially 100% BONED, so that makes him pretty damn valuable.

Comment

Every one of the guys that will be considered would have lost a game. None will go undefeated.

I'm not going to argue with you about that. But Kurt and Brett's chances are obviously tarnished with every loss their team takes, especially being that the Cardinals game was on national television--giving him a wider audience. I think that the Saints loss has a significant impact on Brees' chances, though--since it was on his shoulders, at the end at least.

You're probably right about the running backs. But I'll still take him as a darkhorse contender, especially with games against the Falcons, Cardinals and Giants to finish the season.

Comment

Eli Manning? He's been nothing more than a game manager. That team has won soley on the ground game and stout defense. Then when there's 8 guys in the box he drops some passes over the defense. No way I'd give him my vote.

I think Favre will get lots of votes cause it's the heart warming story. Old grizzled veteran gets cut from his team for the new hotshot QB, and then takes a terrible team into the playoffs.

Peyton Manning will get votes because he's been red hot on this Colts winning streak.

Cutler should get some votes but shouldn't win. However if we lose Cutler we are officially 100% BONED, so that makes him pretty damn valuable.
              Red hot? Peyton passed for 125 yrds, No TDs, and 2 INTs today against a weak CLeveland team. They didn't score and offensive touchdown.

Eli is MUCH more than a game manager. You haven't been watching their games, I take it. Thats ok, but I have been. This kid is playing as well as ANYONE in the NFL right now. People want to judge him as they did prior to his SB victory, and he's not that same guy now. He's a leader, and is throwing the ball DAMN well.

Cutler is completing 60.8% of his passes with 21TDs and 13INTs...and you think he should be up for contention.

Eli is completing 62% of his passes with 19 TDs and 8INTs, and you think he's only a manager.

Comment

I say Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, or Drew Brees get the nod. Rivers might have been a contender in there as well but the Chargers being 4-8 and three games out pretty much takes him out of the conversation.

Cutler has had 6 good to great games this season, and 6 average or below average games. He's struggled too much - despite some of the big plays he's made and the immense pressure he's under - to earn the MVP title this season. Team MVP? Yes. But NFL MVP? Hardly, IMO.
                sigpic

Comment

Red hot? Peyton passed for 125 yrds, No TDs, and 2 INTs today against a weak CLeveland team. They didn't score and offensive touchdown.

Eli is MUCH more than a game manager. You haven't been watching their games, I take it. Thats ok, but I have been. This kid is playing as well as ANYONE in the NFL right now. People want to judge him as they did prior to his SB victory, and he's not that same guy now. He's a leader, and is throwing the ball DAMN well.

Cutler is completing 60.8% of his passes with 21TDs and 13INTs...and you think he should be up for contention.

Eli is completing 62% of his passes with 19 TDs and 8INTs, and you think he's only a manager.
                  Those stats don't mean much, Rav.

I mean, Cutler has 60+ more attempts and 700+ more yards. Cutler has had to carry a team without a running game or defense. Both of which Eli has. Still, the most decisive statistic are the numbers in the win-loss column...

...............Att....Yards
                  Cutler.......406....3036
                  Manning...337.....2319

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post

I'm not going to argue with you about that. But Kurt and Brett's chances are obviously tarnished with every loss their team takes, especially being that the Cardinals game was on national television--giving him a wider audience. I think that the Saints loss has a significant impact on Brees' chances, though--since it was on his shoulders, at the end at least.

You're probably right about the running backs. But I'll still take him as a darkhorse contender, especially with games against the Falcons, Cardinals and Giants to finish the season.
                    Yeah.. I see what you are saying.. but what I think that Kurt has going for him is the attention. The Cardinals are playing well considering they are the cardinals, and Kurt continues to put up 300 yrds games... absolutely DESTROYING the records on 300 passing yards games/per/game played, catagory. He lost, but Kurt played well against an Eagles team that was obviously better. Kurt has the story of being hurt..blah blah... and then coming back and playing so well. He's a 2time MVP and the only person to get more is Favre.... its a compelling story that will get lots of media attention, thus lots of votes.

Comment

He was also helped out by a few dropped TD passes in the endzone. Yes Peyton was bad today, but other than this game he's been the Peyton of old.

Eli has yet to play a game where they're behind and need him to pull it out, and not the running game and defense, to get tem the win. Oh except the Cleveland game, where he threw 3 picks.

My point is, it's extremely easy for a QB to sit there, hand the ball off to Jacobs for 6 yards, to Bradshaw for 12 yards, to Ward for 6 yards, To Jacobs for 3 yards, then drop a long pass to Toomer on a playaction while the defense is swarming to stop the run. He has an elite offensive line, one of the best RB groups in the NFL, and a top defense.

A team with the #1 running game in the NFL, the #3 defense in yards allowed, and the #5 defense in points allowed, with the #16 passing game, does not warrant an MVP for the QB of that team.

Comment

On the flip side, Cutler is on the team with the #18 running offense, #28 in defensive points allowed, and 28th in total yards allowed, but with the #3 passing game.

I smell a QB that is insanely valuable to his team....

Comment

He was also helped out by a few dropped TD passes in the endzone. Yes Peyton was bad today, but other than this game he's been the Peyton of old.

Eli has yet to play a game where they're behind and need him to pull it out, and not the running game and defense, to get tem the win. Oh except the Cleveland game, where he threw 3 picks.

My point is, it's extremely easy for a QB to sit there, hand the ball off to Jacobs for 6 yards, to Bradshaw for 12 yards, to Ward for 6 yards, To Jacobs for 3 yards, then drop a long pass to Toomer on a playaction while the defense is swarming to stop the run. He has an elite offensive line, one of the best RB groups in the NFL, and a top defense.

A team with the #1 running game in the NFL, the #3 defense in yards allowed, and the #5 defense in points allowed, with the #16 passing game, does not warrant an MVP for the QB of that team.
                          It doesn't if you don't watch him play. If you only consider him "dumping" anything off. It doesn't put him up for contention if you only assume he's "managing" the game despite the fact that he's doing much more than that.

Also.. if you are saying that Peyton has played ANYTHING like Peyton of "old" this season, then you obviously haven't been watching much of the Colts playing either. Peyton hasn't ('cept for maybe two games) looked ANYTHING like the type of QB we have seen over the last 10 years. He's been having a very off year, and there is NO WAY he's considered for MVP this season.

If there is a Manning that is considered for the MVP award this season, it would be Eli by FAR... by FAR. Eli is playing great football while Peyton his having one of his worse seasons.

Comment

It doesn't if you don't watch him play. If you only consider him "dumping" anything off. It doesn't put him up for contention if you only assume he's "managing" the game despite the fact that he's doing much more than that.

Also.. if you are saying that Peyton has played ANYTHING like Peyton of "old" this season, then you obviously haven't been watching much of the Colts playing either. Peyton hasn't ('cept for maybe two games) looked ANYTHING like the type of QB we have seen over the last 10 years. He's been having a very off year, and there is NO WAY he's considered for MVP this season.

If there is a Manning that is considered for the MVP award this season, it would be Eli by FAR... by FAR. Eli is playing great football while Peyton his having one of his worse seasons.

I agree Peyton is having an off year, but even including todays game, the Colts 5 game winning streak is because of Peyton. He has 9 TD's and 3 INT's over that period, with two picks in the one game today. Sounds like the Peyton of old.

And yes, Eli does not put the game on his shoulders.

He has SEVEN games with under 200 yards passing!! The Giants are 6-1 when he throws under 200 yards. That does not show that he is the key to their success.

Comment

Also...

Giants when Eli has under 80 QB rating

3-1

Colts when Peyton has under 80 QB rating

2-3

Broncos when Cutler has under 80 QB rating

0-4

Clearly the Giants can still succeed when their QB plays poorly, Colts and Broncos do not. That clearly shows that Peyton and Cutler are much more valuable to their team than Eli is.

Comment

Too many interceptions.

If we win out and somehow take the second seed, then maybe. But don't count on it.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Working...
                                X