Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CutlerNFLFilms
    replied
    Wish I had a vote. I'd say Eli Manning has been the MVP thus far.

Leave a comment:

• NoWhenToFoldEm
    replied
    My NFL MVP vote will be decided by fantasy football. I drafted Cutler to be my starting QB and drafted Warner in the 20th round to be my back up. Unfortunetly for the last 7 weeks I've been starting Warner. Until Cutler becomes my starter again I gotta go with Warner to be the NFL MVP.

On a side note I found this hilarious spoof of PTI I thought yall would enjoy
    http://www.digitalfuntown.com/videos/90

Leave a comment:

• 203KillinSpree
    replied
    If Jay continues to carry us he needs votes at the very least. Right now he is a close second behind Warner.

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    It would definitely be cool to have Cutler win it, but i honestly think Kurt Warner will get it, and rightfully so. He has his team in very good position for a post season run and knows how to spread the ball around. It helps that his receiving corp is phenomenal but he is playing very good football.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoRyan85
    replied
    Did anybody else hear Rich Gannon say "oh what a crazy throw" when Cutler was scrambling and then hit Scheffler? It was hilarious! That is totally Cutler in a nutshell. He may not get MVP this year but if he can get play at that level for an entire season then he is a lock. :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• 203KillinSpree
    replied
    I mean he is playing great and carrying our offense with a lot of confidence!

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
    He's been playing MVP type ball! Should be considered!
    JayCutler4MVP should be considered for a banning

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Some games left to be played and outcomes to be determined.....

Jay could very well start to receive some attention..

Here is the thing...How do the Broncos finish the season do they limp into the playoffs are do they build some steam and finish with a respectable record....10-6,11-5. What will Jay stats be at the end of the year...For them to win the upcoming games and the Broncos to finish with a good record they/he will have to play some really good ball...

With that will come the stats....As much as I want the Broncos to get to the playoffs and win...

I also want this stat line to change just as bad....303 521 58.2 4089 27 5.2 20....

If all of they above happens no reason Cutler should not get some real recognition at being the NFL MVP...

Although the award will most likely go to Eli Manning,Kurt Warner

Here is Jay Cutler stats after the Jets game....

273 449 60.8 3,393 7.6 21 13

If any of ya dont mind doing some math...I would sure like to see how much he needs to go before he shatters the Broncos single season all time passing records in just his second full season as a starter...

Leave a comment:

• Tremendous45th
    replied
    if he airs out the league these last four games then....iono he might darkhorse it....but thats a darkhorse so shhhhhhh lets be guiet about it...maybe he can sneak up on the league

Leave a comment:

• PatrickdaDookie
    replied
    Too many interceptions.

If we win out and somehow take the second seed, then maybe. But don't count on it.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Also...

Giants when Eli has under 80 QB rating

3-1

Colts when Peyton has under 80 QB rating

2-3

Broncos when Cutler has under 80 QB rating

0-4

Clearly the Giants can still succeed when their QB plays poorly, Colts and Broncos do not. That clearly shows that Peyton and Cutler are much more valuable to their team than Eli is.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    It doesn't if you don't watch him play. If you only consider him "dumping" anything off. It doesn't put him up for contention if you only assume he's "managing" the game despite the fact that he's doing much more than that.

Also.. if you are saying that Peyton has played ANYTHING like Peyton of "old" this season, then you obviously haven't been watching much of the Colts playing either. Peyton hasn't ('cept for maybe two games) looked ANYTHING like the type of QB we have seen over the last 10 years. He's been having a very off year, and there is NO WAY he's considered for MVP this season.

If there is a Manning that is considered for the MVP award this season, it would be Eli by FAR... by FAR. Eli is playing great football while Peyton his having one of his worse seasons.

I agree Peyton is having an off year, but even including todays game, the Colts 5 game winning streak is because of Peyton. He has 9 TD's and 3 INT's over that period, with two picks in the one game today. Sounds like the Peyton of old.

And yes, Eli does not put the game on his shoulders.

He has SEVEN games with under 200 yards passing!! The Giants are 6-1 when he throws under 200 yards. That does not show that he is the key to their success.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    He was also helped out by a few dropped TD passes in the endzone. Yes Peyton was bad today, but other than this game he's been the Peyton of old.

Eli has yet to play a game where they're behind and need him to pull it out, and not the running game and defense, to get tem the win. Oh except the Cleveland game, where he threw 3 picks.

My point is, it's extremely easy for a QB to sit there, hand the ball off to Jacobs for 6 yards, to Bradshaw for 12 yards, to Ward for 6 yards, To Jacobs for 3 yards, then drop a long pass to Toomer on a playaction while the defense is swarming to stop the run. He has an elite offensive line, one of the best RB groups in the NFL, and a top defense.

A team with the #1 running game in the NFL, the #3 defense in yards allowed, and the #5 defense in points allowed, with the #16 passing game, does not warrant an MVP for the QB of that team.
    It doesn't if you don't watch him play. If you only consider him "dumping" anything off. It doesn't put him up for contention if you only assume he's "managing" the game despite the fact that he's doing much more than that.

Also.. if you are saying that Peyton has played ANYTHING like Peyton of "old" this season, then you obviously haven't been watching much of the Colts playing either. Peyton hasn't ('cept for maybe two games) looked ANYTHING like the type of QB we have seen over the last 10 years. He's been having a very off year, and there is NO WAY he's considered for MVP this season.

If there is a Manning that is considered for the MVP award this season, it would be Eli by FAR... by FAR. Eli is playing great football while Peyton his having one of his worse seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    On the flip side, Cutler is on the team with the #18 running offense, #28 in defensive points allowed, and 28th in total yards allowed, but with the #3 passing game.

I smell a QB that is insanely valuable to his team....

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Red hot? Peyton passed for 125 yrds, No TDs, and 2 INTs today against a weak CLeveland team. They didn't score and offensive touchdown.

Eli is MUCH more than a game manager. You haven't been watching their games, I take it. Thats ok, but I have been. This kid is playing as well as ANYONE in the NFL right now. People want to judge him as they did prior to his SB victory, and he's not that same guy now. He's a leader, and is throwing the ball DAMN well.

Cutler is completing 60.8% of his passes with 21TDs and 13INTs...and you think he should be up for contention.

Eli is completing 62% of his passes with 19 TDs and 8INTs, and you think he's only a manager.
    He was also helped out by a few dropped TD passes in the endzone. Yes Peyton was bad today, but other than this game he's been the Peyton of old.

Eli has yet to play a game where they're behind and need him to pull it out, and not the running game and defense, to get tem the win. Oh except the Cleveland game, where he threw 3 picks.

My point is, it's extremely easy for a QB to sit there, hand the ball off to Jacobs for 6 yards, to Bradshaw for 12 yards, to Ward for 6 yards, To Jacobs for 3 yards, then drop a long pass to Toomer on a playaction while the defense is swarming to stop the run. He has an elite offensive line, one of the best RB groups in the NFL, and a top defense.

A team with the #1 running game in the NFL, the #3 defense in yards allowed, and the #5 defense in points allowed, with the #16 passing game, does not warrant an MVP for the QB of that team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X