Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overlooked Statistics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CJ_5256
    replied
    Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    I did not even know that it was a debatable subject. Jay is not our future, he is our present and future. I do not know who in their right minds think he is having a bad season. He IS a top 5 QB now...what the hell do his detractors want?

    13 INTs is not that big of a deal given how much he throws the ball. Compared to other top 5 pass attempts by QBs:

    Warner 11
    Brees 14
    Cutler 13
    Manning 12
    McNabb 11

    Seems right in line to me. Notice every other QB has 7 plus years experience, Jay is matching them in production in his 3rd year.
    :salute!:
    That is exactly what I tell everyone I talk to who says look at all the INTs.
    Yeah it would be nice if there were less, but he throws the ball damn near 40 times a game(not quite, but still a lot!).

    Leave a comment:


  • CJ_5256
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    I just don't know what we have in Jay Cutler, I just know that "We" won 70% of "Our" games with The Snake.

    Jay, would it kill you to grow a beard?

    How bout just a 70's Porn Stach?.......Championship.......Beat ya to it.......
    Hahaha. that made me laugh.

    I did love what Jake did for our team, and I was bitter at first when Jay was drafted, but I have been behind him since the day he was named starter.
    We are definitely going in the right direction.:salute!:

    Leave a comment:


  • iowabronco24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Sweeet. But didn't you hear??? Cutler's too inconsistent to be considered our FUTURE yet. Didn't you read the threads last week? Cutler isn't "smart" enough to be our future. He throws too many INTs and hasn't shown that he can be "relied" on.

    Didn't you read the threads?? We should draft another QB to give Jay some "competition." Afterall, he's not TRYING hard enough since he's not being pushed for the starting job
    Haha Rav I laughed when I saw somebody say we should draft another QB to give Cutler competition. Honestly what QB coming out this year has the physical tools Jay has? I really don't see anybody with potential to be a "Great" QB in the NFL. I would say a few have potential to good, but not great like Jay. Although I wouldn't mind picking of a vet this off season for some stable backup in case (God forbid) Jay gets hurt.

    Leave a comment:


  • KoobLis
    replied
    Hey guys, I heard Ryan Leaf is making big splashes in the Division XI BFLA (Backyard football league of America). Word is, he's planning on making a return to the Chargers and push Rivers for the starting job! Screw that! I say we dump Cutler and pick up Leaf!

    Now this guy has hearts! He's a pure leader! Surrounded by Marshall and Royal, he'll take us far, FAR I TELL YA. Where Elway never took us before!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cutler2007
    replied
    I did not even know that it was a debatable subject. Jay is not our future, he is our present and future. I do not know who in their right minds think he is having a bad season. He IS a top 5 QB now...what the hell do his detractors want?

    13 INTs is not that big of a deal given how much he throws the ball. Compared to other top 5 pass attempts by QBs:

    Warner 11
    Brees 14
    Cutler 13
    Manning 12
    McNabb 11

    Seems right in line to me. Notice every other QB has 7 plus years experience, Jay is matching them in production in his 3rd year.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Jay, would it kill you to grow a beard?

    How bout just a 70's Porn Stach?.......Championship.......Beat ya to it.......

    Leave a comment:


  • shannhanfan77
    replied
    Go Jay Cutler and I believe he is our future

    Leave a comment:


  • I_Only_Like_Jay
    replied
    Go Jay! :salute!:

    Leave a comment:


  • stnzed
    replied
    I just don't know what we have in Jay Cutler, I just know that "We" won 70% of "Our" games with The Snake.

    Jay, would it kill you to grow a beard?

    How bout just a 70's Porn Stach?.......Championship.......Beat ya to it.......

    Leave a comment:


  • Tremendous45th
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Sweeet. But didn't you hear??? Cutler's too inconsistent to be considered our FUTURE yet. Didn't you read the threads last week? Cutler isn't "smart" enough to be our future. He throws too many INTs and hasn't shown that he can be "relied" on.

    Didn't you read the threads?? We should draft another QB to give Jay some "competition." Afterall, he's not TRYING hard enough since he's not being pushed for the starting job
    good post its a shame how one week this guy is thrashed and the next he is exhalted....we got a few judas priest fans here i say....

    Leave a comment:


  • Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
    In the wave and rash of "WE WIN" (or VIN) (depending on your location in the world) threads this has been overlooked by everyone I have read.

    Cutler threw for two touchdowns today bringing his career total to 50 in 33 games. Making him the fastest Quarterback in Broncos history to reach that mark.

    Also lost in the "WE LOST" (or LOST) (pretty sure losing is losing wherever you are ) threads from last week we overlooked the fact that Cutler passed the 3,000 yards through the air mark thus tying Elway for the fastest time to reach that mark in a single season (11 games)

    This guy IS our future. :salute!:
    Sweeet. But didn't you hear??? Cutler's too inconsistent to be considered our FUTURE yet. Didn't you read the threads last week? Cutler isn't "smart" enough to be our future. He throws too many INTs and hasn't shown that he can be "relied" on.

    Didn't you read the threads?? We should draft another QB to give Jay some "competition." Afterall, he's not TRYING hard enough since he's not being pushed for the starting job

    Leave a comment:


  • slostenracing
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    He should also smash the record for passing yards in a season for a Bronco QB. He's like 700 yards short with 5 games to go. He could also take a shot at the passing TD record as well.
    He's 696 short so he only needs an average of 174 a game to get it, seeing as he averaging 282 I think he's got the yardage record.

    Elway in 93 and Plummer in 04 are the only QB's in Broncos history to pass for over 4k and he's set to smash Plummer's current record by 400 or so yards.

    Touchdown is 97 Elway and 04 Plummer at 27 and Cutler is sitting at 21 and if you take his average run it through for the next four games he ends with 28 so I think he's got this one too.

    Leave a comment:


  • BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
    In the wave and rash of "WE WIN" (or VIN) (depending on your location in the world) threads this has been overlooked by everyone I have read.

    Cutler threw for two touchdowns today bringing his career total to 50 in 33 games. Making him the fastest Quarterback in Broncos history to reach that mark.

    Also lost in the "WE LOST" (or LOST) (pretty sure losing is losing wherever you are ) threads from last week we overlooked the fact that Cutler passed the 3,000 yards through the air mark thus tying Elway for the fastest time to reach that mark in a single season (11 games)

    This guy IS our future. :salute!:

    I did notice it but many times i have been ridiculed with comments to the fact stats don't mean crap so veered away from it to avoid the negative Jerkoffs i am so commonly in discussion with but definitely a CP to you Great post!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Maharishineo
    replied
    Originally posted by slostenracing View Post
    Unless I missed something Oakland was definitely our 11th game.
    That's correct. I was assuming you were talking about benchmarks made following our most recent game...

    Leave a comment:


  • slostenracing
    replied
    Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
    12 games.
    Unless I missed something Oakland was definitely our 11th game.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X