+++Our Head Coach Mike Shanahan+++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +++Our Head Coach Mike Shanahan+++

say what you want about Mike.This got to be his best year coaching as an Nfl head coach..IMO.. with the injuries we have..the ups and downs..getting blown out by patriots(national tv)/Oakland..going for two on the chargers..blown call by ed hochili ...the very young players on this team..2 rookies starting at line backer.half of the defense injured..two defensive captains injured (champ/dj)..3 running backs on IR..1 still injured..the list goes on..He has managed to keep this team focused and prepared on Sunday..although he waz good when we won the two super bowls..this gotta be his best coaching season....BIG UPS TO MIKE!!!...o yea..believe it or not..if this defense step up and make plays and come up wit turnovers..i expect us to be in the super bowl with the way this offense can play and jay cutler at qb...

thoughts???
    My Fav 3 Broncos... 1. Demaryius 2. Von 3. Chris

It's big props to the players, not shanahan. Good coaches don't come in with stupid gameplans to get blown out to NE and the raiders. Seems like everytime we get a win everyone hops back on his bandwagon. Wait and see if we lose to KC and the same people jump ship.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
      It's big props to the players, not shanahan. Good coaches don't come in with stupid gameplans to get blown out to NE and the raiders. Seems like everytime we get a win everyone hops back on his bandwagon. Wait and see if we lose to KC and the same people jump ship.
      Who cares that the crybabies jump ship. Shanny isn't going anywhere for a long time. This season only helps to keep it that way.

Good luck with the campaign to root against the Broncos though.

Comment

Agreed. I hate banwagon fans.
        :logo:
        :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
        Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
        Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
        Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

so its the coaches fought cutler got injured on the 1st play????
          its the coaches fought that bly got bodied by moss in the endzone???
          champ gets injured???...wide outs dropped passes?????..linebackers
          not feeling there gaps?????...the list goes on..im not an bandwagon fan...
          through the ups and downs ima stay loyal in what i believe..
          i dont care if we go 0-16..im still gonna be a fan..
          Last edited by darrentwill27; 12-01-2008, 10:32 AM.
          My Fav 3 Broncos... 1. Demaryius 2. Von 3. Chris

Comment

I would rate Shanahan's 2005 and 1998 seasons and the 1997 post-season higher than this one.

Don't get me wrong - if Shanahan gets this team to the playoffs with the AFC West crown, it will be a huge accomplishment. But I think he's done a better overall job in other seasons.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll ask you the same question I asked in another thread.

How do you know what the game plan was when you weren't in the room making it? Are you certain you know what it was, or are you only certain as to the execution on the field?

I'm pretty sure the game plan didn't call for our WRs to fumble the ball away twice and throw another INT during the Chiefs game.

I would also like to point out that the Chargers were not only supposed to have the best players on their roster, but the best depth. So if they have the best depth, what is keeping them from winning while a team like us, with less talent, wins against some tough opponents????

The other poster tried to say it was the players as well. They said it was lucky for Shanahan that our young players "stepped up" and that he's lucky because these "nobodies" are fighting for a job. Yet, I believe the Chiefs are FULL of young players, and nobodies fighting for jobs. I know that the Chargers have had some injuries, and their "great depth" guys are fighting for starting roles. I know the "guys fighting for jobs" doesn't seem to be helping out Detroit, St. Louis, or San Francisco.

So if all these other teams (none have as many injuries as the Broncos have had) have young players, and players that are fighting for positions haven't put the wins on for THEIR team..... then whats different here, the water???

I know you think the "gameplans" were stupid...and I'm sure you could have done better. But whats the explanation of all the other things I have mentioned if its not the coaching that is making the difference?

Comment

Im not real sure that this is his best season ever, but He is definatly a great coach. Everybody blames him when things dont go right but most of its not his fault. Hes definatly the best coach weve had in Denver
                adopted Bronco-#46 Spencer Larson
                The D is back in Denver

Bleeding Orange and Blue since 1971

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post

How do you know what the game plan was when you weren't in the room making it? Are you certain you know what it was, or are you only certain as to the execution on the field?

I'm pretty sure the game plan didn't call for our WRs to fumble the ball away twice and throw another INT during the Chiefs game.

I would also like to point out that the Chargers were not only supposed to have the best players on their roster, but the best depth. So if they have the best depth, what is keeping them from winning while a team like us, with less talent, wins against some tough opponents????

The other poster tried to say it was the players as well. They said it was lucky for Shanahan that our young players "stepped up" and that he's lucky because these "nobodies" are fighting for a job. Yet, I believe the Chiefs are FULL of young players, and nobodies fighting for jobs. I know that the Chargers have had some injuries, and their "great depth" guys are fighting for starting roles. I know the "guys fighting for jobs" doesn't seem to be helping out Detroit, St. Louis, or San Francisco.

So if all these other teams (none have as many injuries as the Broncos have had) have young players, and players that are fighting for positions haven't put the wins on for THEIR team..... then whats different here, the water???

I know you think the "gameplans" were stupid...and I'm sure you could have done better. But whats the explanation of all the other things I have mentioned if its not the coaching that is making the difference?
                  I agree...

Also, if it is all the players that are doing this, the young ones that are playing with horrible game plans, then they are Shannys players doing it. Why get rid of the guy that gets these amazing players? They don't even need a coach because they are so good!

Any way you want to spin it, the fire Shanny logic is horrible.

Comment

Excellent post. I have no other explanation. The Shanahan haters can't comprehend the alternative of bouncing from coach to coach trying to find a winner and suffering thru 2-14 seasons. What a blessing our "worst" seasons are .500 records.

sigpic
                    \

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                      Who cares that the crybabies jump ship. Shanny isn't going anywhere for a long time. This season only helps to keep it that way.

Good luck with the campaign to root against the Broncos though.
                      Since when am I rooting against the broncos? It's not a far stretch to think we will lose to KC this week-end as much as it is to think we will blow them out. Either way i'm glad we won the division (basically won it) and get to the playoffs.

Think of the teams we've beaten. All of them are contenders in the playoffs. Shanny will be back next year regardless of what we think. Even though I think it's time for a change it means nothing until he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post

Any way you want to spin it, the fire Shanny logic is horrible.
                        AMEN.

Sorry fanatik and Moooojo.

Oh, and he didn't compete with nearly as many injuries in 2005 as he's having to deal with this year. Not even close.

Best job of coaching that I've seen from Mike Shanahan.
                        In Manning I trust.

Comment

Since when am I rooting against the broncos? It's not a far stretch to think we will lose to KC this week-end as much as it is to think we will blow them out. Either way i'm glad we won the division (basically won it) and get to the playoffs.

Think of the teams we've beaten. All of them are contenders in the playoffs. Shanny will be back next year regardless of what we think. Even though I think it's time for a change it means nothing until he retires.
                          Shanny = Broncos.

Root against Shanny = Root against Broncos.

Edit: Maybe I should clerify. IMO it looks like people are rooting against Shanny in hopes that he fails and get fired, so they can have whatever coach they are rooting for. If you are rooting for Shanny to fail, you are rooting for Bronco losses. Rooting against Shanny = Rooting against Broncos. Simple as that.
                          Last edited by jhns; 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I'm more for saying fire slowik than shanny at this moment. There were a few times yesterday when the game was not out of hand like 24-14 when it was 3rd and 3 and our DBs were 10-15 yards off them. Favre missed one and the next one tried to go deep when he couldve easily had 10 yard completion. I'm not saying our defense sucks but those calls are just ridiculous.

Granted the players sucked in those games but we didn't change anything when it obviously wasn't working. Maybe cutler just wanted to go deep every play even after shanahan said throw dump offs? I don't know but it wasn't showing.

My point is don't anoint shanahan the "king" after beating the jets on the road. Also the cleveland win had nothing to do with shanahan and everything to do with players making amazing plays. He has done a good job sure, but ranking it amongst the best not even close.

Also we have had some bad injuries, but our RB situation IMO is better now than before when we had young. Maybe torain would be better but we still don't know. As for defensive players being on IR the only ones that are bad is champ and DJ and even then woodyard/larsen and seemingly bell are playing well. Regardless of wether shanahan is doing amazingly well this year with what we have or not, we need a new DC next year.

Comment

I don't think you are rooting against the Broncos... and believe me... as much as I've defended Shanahan over the last few years, even I have second guessed whether his time here has run out.

However, as you said, we've really played well against tough, contending teams. I think its the sign of a YOUNG team that plays DOWN to their competition. I think thats a mental aspect that happens to a team that has a lack of veteran players at key leadership roles. But its a learning process. If you think the Coach is going to be able to overcome that, and be the "leader" in the locker room as well as the coach.... I would say that I think you are mistaken.

Absolutely its possible we lose to the Chiefs. At least we know that the team won't come in lax against the Chiefs after being embarrassed by them once this season. I think that alone will get these players pumped to redeem.

Comment

Working...
                              X