The Cavalry Is On It's Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cavalry Is On It's Way

According to ESPN radio, multiple sources suggest that OLB DJ Williams, MLB Nate Webster, RB Selvin Young, S Marlon McCree, and CB Champ Bailey are all due back within the next two weeks. If some of them aren't in the game vs. Kansas City, expect them back @ Carolina. :salute!:

Edit: Some news!!!!!!
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    The Broncos are not expected to have WLB D.J. Williams (knee) or CB Champ Bailey (groin) in Week 14 against the Chiefs.

Wesley Woodyard will draw another start at weak-side linebacker and Josh Bell will again start at cornerback. Upgraded KC's offensive skill players.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Selvin Young (groin, probable) returned to a full practice Friday.

It now looks like Young is going to play against Kansas City, but don't expect him to get more than a handful of touches. Peyton Hillis has been named the Broncos' starter and his versatility makes him hard to keep off the field.
    Last edited by getlynched47; 12-05-2008, 02:32 PM.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

I don't want them back for the Carolina game. I am happy with the way this team just played against Atlanta and New York on the road.
    sigpic
    Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
    Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
    My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

Our run defense has been better with larsen at mlb so I hope he plays over webster. Mcree is better than fox and dj and champ we all know what they can do.

Comment

DJ & Champ, I can't wait to get back, especially with the way the "D" has been playing. If Bly can repeat his solid game that he gave us in NY, once he paired with Champ again, we'll be good to go. As for Webby, I think I like the job Larsen is doing in the middle now. No helmets flying, no dancing, just solid play and good gap control (that Jones td run was on Winborn playing the wrong gap and Fox not recognizing the run). So Larsen and DJ will compliment each other. As for McCree nothing gained, nothing lost. What would really be nice is if Paymah could step his game up like he did in NY.
        As for Selvin????? his days here may be numbered unless he has nothing short of a magical performance during this playoff push. Not saying that Hillis is the end-all-be-it-all for us, but that kid is running very hard. And if he has a few more games like this past one, I believe Young will not be in a Bronco's uni next season.
        #swapping

Comment

I to would really love to see Champ and DJ back along with Webster. Selvin better get his crap together or pack your bags dude. Dont say your going to run for 2000 yards and then play three games.........

I would like to see this group get out there for the Carolina game and maybe rest a bit more for the KC game. The rookies have really stepped up
          Don't Panic!

Comment

Originally posted by broncofan2415 View Post
            I to would really love to see Champ and DJ back along with Webster. Selvin better get his crap together or pack your bags dude. Dont say your going to run for 2000 yards and then play three games.........

I would like to see this group get out there for the Carolina game and maybe rest a bit more for the KC game. The rookies have really stepped up
            It would be dissappointing though, if our defense fell back to disaster when Champ, DJ, Webster and McCree come back .......lets hope the defense improves :thumb:

sigpic

Comment

Spencer Larsen plays solid MLB. He plays his gaps, and plays smart. I know he hits harder than Webster, but he doesn't have all the tools that Nate has. He DOES however, play smarter. You can have all the talent in the world, but not play smart (i.e. Webster). I'd much rather see the Mike playing solid defense rather than watching some overconfident guy over pursuing, constantly being out of position, and beating his chest on 1st and 2nd down.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I want Champ and DJ back. That's it. Leave the rest of the young guys in; at least they're playing with passion, and they're looking great at time. With Champ and DJ back as vet leaders, we'll be more consistent. That's really our downfall right now, and I'd love to see it ironed out so we can wrap this division up.

Comment

I forgot Selvin Young was even on the team.

Comment

Selvin (when healthy) is a good 3rd down option in the backfield. He has pretty good hands and is explosive on screens. I just dont think he is capable of carrying the ball 20 times a game.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Spencer Larsen plays solid MLB. He plays his gaps, and plays smart. I know he hits harder than Webster, but he doesn't have all the tools that Nate has. He DOES however, play smarter. You can have all the talent in the world, but not play smart (i.e. Webster). I'd much rather see the Mike playing solid defense rather than watching some overconfident guy over pursuing, constantly being out of position, and beating his chest on 1st and 2nd down.
                      :salute!: sounds good to me.....I think Larsen is not going to give his job back to Webster without a fight

sigpic

Comment

I swear if I see Nate Webster starting at MLB I will puke, this guy is no good and while Larsen is not stellar he is solid and a much better option than Webster.

I can't wait to get DJ and Champ back though!

Comment

Selvin...

I think he can help the team when healthy. I'm sure there will be a terrific battle next preseason for the runningback position. What is nice is that Hillis ensures a good fullback and halfback are available. They might cut back on one runningback and use the depth elsewhere. Selvin can be productive and does provide the speed and good receiving skills. He is still maturing and should improve over time. Too many people at runningback is not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            I can't wait to get DJ and Champ back though!
                            hell yeah.....hopefully our defense becomes that much better...although I have to admit that Wesley Woodyard and Josh Bell have been playing LIGHTS OUT!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Is everyone forgetting that Larsen is hurt? If Webster is 100% and Larsen still has a sore hip or groin or whatever it was, I guarantee Webster will get the start. But once Larsen is healthy, I don't know how long he'll keep the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X