Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Dumbest Team

Here's something we can all agree on

OAKLAND - Bill Callahan made more than one mistake on Sunday, but lying wasn't among them.

"We've got to be the dumbest team in America in terms of playing the game," the Raiders coach said after his team had lost, 22-8 to the Denver Broncos.

"One thing we try to do around here is stay positive," Tim Brown said. "We just had that conversation this morning. And that kind of statement is not conducive to staying positive. I'm sure there are going to be guys grumbling about that. You really can't blame them. You're out there fighting, and your head man makes that kind of statement?

"I know exactly what's going to happen tomorrow. He's going to come in and say, 'I didn't mean that personally.' But once you ring the bell, it's hard to unring it."

Therein lies the problem. Not that the season is officially lost, not that the Raiders are historically self-destructive, not that people are frustrated, not that rain is falling on unsold seats. That's all bad enough. What Callahan did made it exponentially worse. By saying what he said, he made it abundantly clear they are no longer in this together.

"I won't allow a man to call us dumb or stupid," said cornerback Charles Woodson, who a little over a month ago criticized Callahan as being imperious and uncommunicative. "It's not acceptable."

Said a sarcastic Porter when asked about his ill-timed fumble: "Hey, we're the dumbest team in America. We don't fall on fumbles. We're dumb. We let (them) hit the ground."

"Coach is his own man," Brown said. "He makes his own bed."

Sweet dreams, Bill Callahan. That bell you set to ringing Sunday afternoon? It tolls for thee.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/cctimes/s...rs/7385929.htm

Yep, this is a common bit of happiness around which Broncos fans and Chiefs fans can unite.

I hated cheering for the Raiduhs against KC this season and only did so because their winning might have helped Denver.

My least favorite team in the league is, and probably always will be, the Oakland Raiduhs. Kansas City is a distant second.

I suppose I could change my mind if Al "Satan" Davis ever sold the Raiduhs and bought the Chiefs...
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Yep, looks like Callahan is in pretty deep here. If the head office doesn't get rid of him after this season then I'm sure the players will run him out of Oakland.

I've always thought, and it's pretty evident now, that Callahan had the luxury of going to the Superbowl on what Gruden built. Now it seems that both of last year's Superbowl coahes are looking at pretty bad seasons.
      -----------------------------------------
      Is Atwater around? Terrell Owens needs a SMACK DOWN!

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if Al Davis cans him next season.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Callahan is toast. The team plays with no spirit and they make stupid mistakes over and over again. I for one am glad to see the Faiders struggling so. Kinda puts a grin on my face!

GO BRONCOS!!

Oh and NYCHIEFSFAN. Great avatar this week. You continue to crack me up!!
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

You know the sad thing about it is he's right. They are the dumbest team around and he will get fired for saying the truth. Its funny everyone wants the truth but nobody wants to HEAR the truth.

Denver fans don’t want to hear the truth that they aren’t going to the playoffs again.
            Chief’s fans don’t want to hear that their team is vulnerable to the run.
            Raiders fans don’t want to hear that their team is dumb.
            Titan fans don’t want to hear that their team is terrible without McNair.
            Indy fans don’t want to hear that their team has no running game.

But they as well as many more are all true.
            Never take life seriously.
            Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LLChiefsFan
              You know the sad thing about it is he's right. They are the dumbest team around and he will get fired for saying the truth. Its funny everyone wants the truth but nobody wants to HEAR the truth.

Denver fans don’t want to hear the truth that they aren’t going to the playoffs again.

The difference between your Denver statement and the others is that the others are all facts. Since you're a Chiefs fan, I'm sure you hope Denver doesn't make the playoffs but it's far from a sure thing.

While Denver does not have an easy road to the playoffs, neither do the teams with whom we are competing for the wildcard(s). Miami, currently in the lead for the final wildcard, plays two really good teams next and ends up with two division rivals which are rarely easy wins. And, if the Ravens beat Cincy this weekend, the Bengals finish with 2 of 3 tough games.

Basically, none of the teams vying for the last spot has an easy time of it. It's too tough to call right now but by no means are the Broncos out of the picture.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Up until the last couple of weeks, I didn't think the Broncos would have to worry about 2 teams (Baltimore & Cinci) fighting for a wildcard sport with Denver ... Those two teams have impressed me the past few weeks and could actually be a handful in the playoffs.
                Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Hey...for some reason..I'm starting to think the Colts are not that good..I watched that game and they had to come from a large deficit...

So I think Denver *might* be able to hang with them.

Comment

Manning is amazing. He can find receivers on sick angles.

I think it will be a high scoring game. Our offense really needs to be firing, but I think we can get some turnovers off their offense.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyAsian
                      Hey...for some reason..I'm starting to think the Colts are not that good..I watched that game and they had to come from a large deficit...

So I think Denver *might* be able to hang with them.
                      I think the fact that they overcame a big deficit and almost won means they're good. Seriously, when we play them, I'm not going to feel safe unless we have a 5 TD lead on them.

Comment

You gotta remember when defenses get comfortable...they lose composure and that's exactly what happened to the patriot D yesterday....

I still think Manning is awesome...but he doesn't have that mobility that could have been used during that last goalline stand.

Comment

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest

thats the title of the article I just read stating:

As helpful as the Raiders were, (11 penalties for 89 yards and three fumbles) the Broncos did still win the game, outplaying the Raiders if not overwhelming them. A mere 287 yards of offense, and only 94 passing, is not the stuff to strike fear in the Kansas City Chiefs, up next.

Mike Shanahan conceded that in this victory the Broncos were not as dominant as in last week's loss to the Bears.

"Not nearly as pretty as Chicago," Shanahan said. "We were pretty but we didn't win. The bottom line is you either get it done or you don't."

"We needed a win," said Plummer. "This is a win."

This win still does not reinsert the Broncos into playoff contention. What it does is prolong the torment. Are they lousy, are they lucky, are they kidding?

The Chiefs clinched at least a tie for the division by beating San Diego, and should the Broncos win from here on out, they will need at least as much help as the Raiders provided Sunday.

The Broncos seem incapable of just quitting and ending the agony. Too dumb, maybe.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/s...469410,00.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Shanahan thinks your Broncos are pretty

Comment

Originally posted by LLChiefsFan

Sad but true! Truth is very unpopular! I should know as I an roasted on a daily basis simply for being honest.

Seems like on boards like this; truth, honesty and realistic expectations are reviled and lies, dishonestly and unrealistic expectations are revered.
                            Last edited by Aardwolf; 12-01-2003, 04:28 PM.

Comment

And the reason for this post is????
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                              X