Boston Herald Discusses Our Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by armchair scout View Post
    Prediction alert: If we beat San Diego in week 16, we will win at least one playoff game.

Bring on the Steelers!
    If we're in San Diego week sixteen we're in big trouble. Believe we play Buffalo at home that week
    Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler06 View Post
      my biggest problem i have with jay is. hes great when he doesn't have pressure on him. but when he does have pressure in his face jays fails miserably. againest the jets he was great BUT the one time he got pressured he throws a horrible pick. he needs to worry more about learning reading coverages and how to handle pressure in his face. then who has the strongest arm
      Not always. In the atlanta game on the last TD pass to graham he was pressured and we were behind at that point 20-17. He threw an amazing pass.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler06 View Post
        my biggest problem i have with jay is. hes great when he doesn't have pressure on him. but when he does have pressure in his face jays fails miserably. againest the jets he was great BUT the one time he got pressured he throws a horrible pick. he needs to worry more about learning reading coverages and how to handle pressure in his face. then who has the strongest arm
        I'd say he's been spectacular under pressure just because whenever he gets under pressure he steps up in the pocket and makes the throw. The only times he's really been bad under pressure are times he should have thrown the ball away but instead decided to throw it to a covered receiver. And the INT Sunday was not a horrible one infact it really wasn't Jay's fault he put the ball exactly where Mustard could get up and get it but Chad got a strange case of alligator arms and wouldn't go up for the ball thats how it got picked

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
        OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
        BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
        John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

This team must thrive on playing big games.It seems when challeged, we get up for the big games.If that is the case we should win all of our playoff games and win the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
            In reality when the defence gives us so many points and forces Cutler to throw as much as he has to in games to win it then you can't expect him to be perfect.

Against the Phins we were screwed by the refs on countless holding calls and that PI, which forced Jay to look deep and throw interceptions. He wasn't great, but I don't blame him.
            I'm still bitter about that BS interference call on the Marshall catch that would've been a TD...
            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

I'm still on the wait and see side. We could get blown out by the chefs or not. If we can be consistent for the remainder of the season I'll give us a chance in the playoffs. We don't have to win every game but at least not get blown out. We do need to win at least 2 or 3 of the 4.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
              How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Loc505 View Post
                I'd say he's been spectacular under pressure just because whenever he gets under pressure he steps up in the pocket and makes the throw. The only times he's really been bad under pressure are times he should have thrown the ball away but instead decided to throw it to a covered receiver. And the INT Sunday was not a horrible one infact it really wasn't Jay's fault he put the ball exactly where Mustard could get up and get it but Chad got a strange case of alligator arms and wouldn't go up for the ball thats how it got picked
                really then how do you explain the oakland game the kc game the new england game. every one of these team put constant pressure on jay. every one of jays picks this year is from bad decition due to pressure. i dont compare jay to brett farve. i compare jay to jeff george. both had attudeds bothin credible arms .both never won anything as far as the pick thats all on jay because all he had to do was throw the ball away thats what franchise qb do. jay needs to worry less about whos got the stronger arm and about reading coverages. jays in his third year and shouldnt be staring down his WR

Comment

Originally posted by TheSmith28 View Post
                  hmmmmm......so possibly another first rounder with the colts.....interesting indeed......
                  a little payback is what's on my mind...nothing would make me happier than to get the Colts at Mile High and make Manning look about as dumb as Brody Croyle.

Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                  Good article and a surprising one considering it is an east coast paper. Most people on the east coast do not even realize the west exists
                  Thing with the Broncos is that our erratic and inconsistent play is what makes us dangerous in the playoffs. Other teams can plan, and do all this stuff, but it's all dependent on which Broncos team shows up.

If you look at us and then you look at last season's Chargers, there's a lot of similarities...we have the potential to take some teams by surprise and go deep in the playoffs. We also greatly resemble last year's Giants in a few ways.

They started 2-3, Eli sucked ass, and was on the verge of being benched, then they went 11-5, and kicked ass and took names in the playoffs.

I'm not saying Denver is last years Giants, or a Super Bowl bound team, but I am saying don't count Denver out and don't underestimate a team like Denver...because as you saw with the Chargers and Giants...they get underestimated, they end up going places, and with the inconsistent play across the NFL and the strange closeness of almost every division race, nothing is impossible this year.

Comment

Originally posted by wandlc View Post
                    On the Dan Patrick show today, when discussing the Broncos defeat of the Jets with Peter King, King said that the Broncos were probably the team no one wants to play in the playoffs. You don't know which team will show up. He, also said that the good Broncos could beat any team, even the Giants. Pretty high praise from an east coast journalist.
                    This sums up this entire season so far.

We can smack 'em or choke. We even as fans just don't know from week to week.

If we can win a first round playoff game at home, then my God. We could suprise anybody on their turf.

It's fun and exciting to get excited about the prospects but not only do we have to get there first, but to pull together as a team a pull this "shocker" off is another.

So let's look at the big picture.

I for one thought we would go from a 7-9 season to at least a 9-7 season and show improvement.

If we can actually WIN a first round game, and move beyond that, then this team, as young and beat up as it is, shows we have a LOT to look forward to in years to come even if this year doesn't end with a trophy in the case.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      Definitely overused the word awful. He's not Rex Grossman for gods sake. He's excellent, then average, then excellent again. If we can smack down the Chiefs I will be very confident with this team going into the playoffs.
                      No, I think "average" is a word when a QB may throw an interception or two in a game or perhaps fumble once or twice.

When Cutler is off his game, he throws multiple interceptions AND fumbles at least once and perhaps more, as well as struggles with handoffs and throws the ball just out of his receivers' reach, often in the dirt.

Awful has applied to Cutler more than once this season, though to be fair, of the 5 games the Broncos lost, you can't put all five strictly on Cutler. His running backs have fumbled the ball, his defenses have been atrocious and couldn't get off the field, the special teams has been inconsistent and inadequate.

The Broncos don't manhandle a team like the Jets just because of Cutler. But his play and the heads-up play of the defense and special teams enabled the Broncos to win convincingly.
                      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

This team is going as far as Cutler takes them. Jay has had his share of bad throws but this is only his third year. I'll take Cutler at this point in his career and live with the gunslinger mentality. He makes way more positive plays than negative and we have no real running game to take the load off unless Hillis suprises us with continued sucess. When we start talking about the defense it's you don't even want to go there. When Cutler is on, we are as good offensively as anyone in the NFL. We shredded the Jets in a monsoon. If we can continue to play relatively mistake free football we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
                        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
                          This team is going as far as Cutler takes them. Jay has had his share of bad throws but this is only his third year. I'll take Cutler at this point in his career and live with the gunslinger mentality. He makes way more positive plays than negative and we have no real running game to take the load off unless Hillis suprises us with continued sucess. When we start talking about the defense it's you don't even want to go there. When Cutler is on, we are as good offensively as anyone in the NFL. We shredded the Jets in a monsoon. If we can continue to play relatively mistake free football we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

I love the optimism as we all have it. Jay is in fact the guy we look to keeping this team alive. Yes he's made some bonehead plays but we deal with it. Just like we did with Elway.

Our defense is a problem as we are talking about in other threads, but until we improve that side of things, making it a "complete" team we wont make it far in post season this year.

We all have high hopes and dreams using Jay and the offense as our target but we need to be prepared for a possible let down in post season play.

I would love nothing more than a SB victory but don't we all hold our breaths, hoping that doesn't happen, realize that it just might not happen?

AND can we all accept that fact?
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I guess Jay got ampted up to play against Bret and brought his A game to the table.Hopefully,this win will carry over and he will have good games the rest of the season.We really need Jay to carry us and to be a leader right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X