Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Scheffler...MVP

Here is my case:

1. When Tony catches at least 4 balls or 50 yards...we are undefeated.
    2. When Tony catches less than 4 balls or 50 yards...we have one win.
    3. Cutler QB rating when Tony catches 4 balls or 50 yards...106.53
    4. Cutler QB rating when Tony catches less than 4 balls or 50 yards...71.81

I think it is pretty clear who drives this offense...get Tony the ball!!!!

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

He went to High School near me.

Claim to fame.

Comment

It would be easier to get him the ball if he wasn't sitting out with something "ailing" all the time.

There is no doubt this offense looks much better when Tony is in the line-up, but he can't stay on the field.

I really like this guy, but I'm getting a bit tired of him constantly getting hurt.

Here's to Tony staying healthy and staying on the field

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        It would be easier to get him the ball if he wasn't sitting out with something "ailing" all the time.

There is no doubt this offense looks much better when Tony is in the line-up, but he can't stay on the field.

I really like this guy, but I'm getting a bit tired of him constantly getting hurt.

Here's to Tony staying healthy and staying on the field
        Yeah, our three game losing streak was when he was out hurt. If he plays in those games I think we are a 9 win team right now. It is just amazing how much better our O flows when he plays. We average 33 points a game where he catches at least 4 balls or 50 yards.
        Last edited by Cutler2007; 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

you are totally right, when he is in the game the playbook opens up and we become "un-defenseable"........the dude is a freak, unreal speed for his size

Comment

Watching Scheffler writhe in pain after he Fair Caught that pass from Cutler made me think it might be time for Denver to start looking for the next Tony Scheffler, the dude might not make it out of the NFL alive.

I'd bet anything that this is an issue for the FO, too.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              Watching Scheffler writhe in pain after he Fair Caught that pass from Cutler made me think it might be time for Denver to start looking for the next Tony Scheffler, the dude might not make it out of the NFL alive.

I'd bet anything that this is an issue for the FO, too.......
              He is special, but injury prone. I really hope he can get past that and be a guy that gives 16 games a season. I do not think we need to replace him, but a guy to develop at TE behind him would not be far fetched. Nate Jackson can have all the "impressive" camps he wants, he will never be an above average TE.

I do like Ramses Barden out of Cal Poly SLO as a project guy. He is 6'6" 230 and hauled in 1500 yards and 18 TDs last year. Add 10-15 lbs and get his blocking in order and he could be a dynamic TE.

Comment

Tony is a quaility TE when fit i think tho he needs to work on his blocking abit more i know it is quite good but he needs to be really good if he is to force Graham out the team. Who else thinks maybe in this draft we look for Grahams successer in someone like Kory Sperry or Nick Walker

Comment

True this guy is a beast, but when a beast has an injured leg, well he has no use to you. If he would stay healthy he would for sure go to the Pro Bowl, but no MVP, better candiates on our own team.

Comment

its crazy how much different we play when Scheff is out there . . . sad thing is hes always injured

i wouldnt be surprised if when the time comes we let him walk because of it, hopefully by then we will be able to let people walk and fill that hole when it comes up rather than still trying to patch up our mistakes and problems now

thats the ideal situation IMO
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

Did you not see his ankle do a 180 when he "fair caught" that ball? He sucked it up and stayed in the game....he is a tough dude, sometimes injuries just happen to find you and thus far he has been unlucky....it has NOTHING to do with his toughness that i know

Comment

He's definitely a tough guy and tries as hard as he can to tough it out through injuries, however, his body just seems to get beaten up at ever other turn.

I'd love to get a full, 100% healthy season out of him.

Comment

Does anyone know if he was hurt a lot in college?
                          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Guys, I don't think it's all Scheffler, I mean the injury thing. Over the past few years, the Broncos have been very injury prone and this year has been the peak of it all. I think the conditioning coach and the training staff really needs to be evaluated on how they've been performing in their duties.
                            --BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK!

"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"
                            sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
                            RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                            RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
                            RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
                            RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                            RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                            RD 7: NO

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                              Here is my case:

1. When Tony catches at least 4 balls or 50 yards...we are undefeated.
                              2. When Tony catches less than 4 balls or 50 yards...we have one win.
                              3. Cutler QB rating when Tony catches 4 balls or 50 yards...106.53
                              4. Cutler QB rating when Tony catches less than 4 balls or 50 yards...71.81

I think it is pretty clear who drives this offense...get Tony the ball!!!!
                              Thank you for posting this. I've said this same thing all season long.

Comment

Working...
                              X