Cutler threw his 50th TD pass as a Bronco last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoobLis View Post
    Brees should really be in the frontrunner: no defense, no runningback, practically no one to throw it to, but he somehow throws it to someone (Bush and Colston has been injured all year and Shockey has been well... Shockey..). But Brees won't be getting it, I can't recall an individual ever recieving an MVP award when their team didn't make the playoff. Thus, really if you look at it, it's really between Cutler and Warner (QB will always take 1st consideration over any RB or WR). In addition, Portis is really starting to feel the effects of having to carry his team all year, so Cutler has a better chance of getting MVP then what people give him.
    We can't forget Peyton or Eli Manning in the running either. But, Jay has a SHOT, although it may be in the dark, as I said earlier, due only to popularity reasons.

If Jay leads this team to unmeasurable heights this year, and defies all expectations, I think he could win it.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      We can't forget Peyton or Eli Manning in the running either. But, Jay has a SHOT, although it may be in the dark, as I said earlier, due only to popularity reasons.

If Jay leads this team to unmeasurable heights this year, and defies all expectations, I think he could win it.
      If he throws fro 4000 yards 30 TDs and 15 ints...he should get strong consideration.

Warner has a pretty easy shedule ahead and should be able to pad the stats. With the Williams being suspended (if it holds) he has Rams, Vikings, NE and Seattle...not one good pass defense in the group.

Jay on the other hand would have to destroy a top five pass D in the Panthers on the road to really cement his claim and maybe win the next three in the process. Nothing says MVP like sitting out the final game of the season

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Jay does have a strong argument for MVP. Numbers aside, the Broncos would be winless without Jay this year. He is definitely the Bronco's MVP. Unfortunately, Jay is not as highly reguarded nationally. Warner, Haynseworth, Jones, and maybe AP are forerunners.
        sigpic

Comment

I could certainly understand why Haynesworth would be mentioned, however it should be mentioned he would be the first defensive player to receive the award since LT in '86.

Essentially, you need to make offensive linemen and QB's pee on themselves to win the MVP playing D.

LT > Haynesworth
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
          X