Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HONESTLY...Now I know this sounds nuts but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HONESTLY...Now I know this sounds nuts but...

I was just wondering is anyone else nervous about all our guys coming back? We were playing with great momentum,power,courage,...its like they felt almost looked to comfortable...

Now with everyone back you think its going to just gel? We went 3-1 with one sloppy loss or else we would have went 4-0...I love Champ, Dj, Not so much webster...But just hearing they are moving Larson back to FB makes me UN-comfortable...No Woodyard...No Belll, Bly I hope steps outta Champs shadow like he does when Champs not playing...

Just a Thought Champ to Saftey? Pretty free roaming safty that is a great tackler...Ed Reed anyone?
    sigpic Adopted By:

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
    I was just wondering is anyone else nervous about all our guys coming back? We were playing with great momentum,power,courage,...its like they felt almost looked to comfortable...

Now with everyone back you think its going to just gel? We went 3-1 with one sloppy loss or else we would have went 4-0...I love Champ, Dj, Not so much webster...But just hearing they are moving Larson back to FB makes me UN-comfortable...No Woodyard...No Belll, Bly I hope steps outta Champs shadow like he does when Champs not playing...

Just a Thought Champ to Saftey? Pretty free roaming safty that is a great tackler...Ed Reed anyone?
    bailey and williams back can only help the roster, two pure talent players coming back from injury is never a bad thing....BUT! webster coming back as starter is...I dunno...stupid! I'd feel a whole lot better with larsen out there and I'm greatly sadend by the lack of woodyard but I realize there are only so many LB spots we can play at a time and I'd take williams over woodyard.
    sigpic

Comment

I think its a good thing we get DJ and of course the Champ of are defense.

Put I am worried about Webster back LB and dont want Larson back FB

I wish Shanny could see Spencer Larson a LB not FB
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
        I think its a good thing we get DJ and of course the Champ of are defense.

Put I am worried about Webster back LB and dont want Larson back FB

I wish Shanny could see Spencer Larson a LB not FB
        And see that's the thing, he's not a horrible FB but he's a better LB.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post

No. Why in god's name would we take someone who is arguably the best in the league at his position and change it? This would be that absolute worst thing we could do on defense short of playing a Denver PeeWee team.
          sigpic
          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

No.

Sorry?

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              bailey and williams back can only help the roster, two pure talent players coming back from injury is never a bad thing....BUT! webster coming back as starter is...I dunno...stupid! I'd feel a whole lot better with larsen out there and I'm greatly sadend by the lack of woodyard but I realize there are only so many LB spots we can play at a time and I'd take williams over woodyard.
              and i'd take woodyard over winborn

Comment

I disagree with him, but my Dad and I were talking about Larsen, My Pops thinks he should be at SS.

I don't know if he's athletically gifted enough to play at SS.

anyone?
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

why does EVERYONE keep suggesting this "Bailey to safety" thing???

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    I think it might have something to do with our sub par performance from our safety's. I will admit Champs combination of lock down coverage and solid tackling even gets me thinking about it sometimes. But in the end people must realize that it isn't smart to move someone who is the absolute best at his position. However I can see how the idea might pop up in someone's head..

Comment

It's the Madden generation

Comment

If anything i'd like to see us try woodyard at saftey I dunno I have a good feeling about it but bailey at saftey...no things that would be massive fail.
                        sigpic

Comment

For me it has to do with several things... but as it's not really the main subject of this thread, I'll summarize.

a) Him shutting down half the field didn't stop anyone from passing all over us...

b) He was the one that started playing way off the receiver, because it allowed him to diagnose the play and make things happen (sounds like a safety).

c) Arguably the best open field tackler we have. Definitely the smartest defender.

d) (More recent addition) Corners have stepped up in his absence and done alright. Safeties... not as much.

Again... that's just a quick breakdown... but I don't mind him staying at CB. I think he's all-world there... and the fact that I think he'd be just as good and maybe more beneficial at safety doesn't make me appreciate him less.
                          Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I'm excited with the return of our injured players. The team needs them.

Comment

It was summed up well by Mike McCarthy this week. The Packers felt that teams were throwing away from Charles Woodson and thereby wasting his every down talent. Charles Woodson is now a safety starting this week. I think it is the same with Bailey. He is an excellent tackler and a ball hawk. Move him to safety and he becomes a factor on every defensive down instead of just shutting down one player on opposing offenses while the rest of our backfield looks like chopped liver.
                              vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

Working...
                              X