Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody think Cutler needs to work on his long bombs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody think Cutler needs to work on his long bombs?

I see guys like Flacco making PERFECT long bombs down the field, and then I see Cutler often underthrowing guys like Marshall who have split the double coverage downfield. Anybody thinks he just needs to go into practice and fling some bombs around? We could have had 4-5 more super long TD passes this year if he could make those throws with consistency, maybe more. It's obvious he has the arm strength, I just think he thinks his arm is stronger than it is so he doesn't put as much mustard on it as he needs to.

His arm is so strong that he doesn't need to practice anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
      His arm is so strong that he doesn't need to practice anything.

I guess that's why he's left 4-5 easy TD's on the field?

Comment

well.. you are exaggerated in both directions.

One.. Flacco doesn't throw perfect long ball EVERY time....
        Two.. I don't think Cutler has left 4-5 EASY TDs on the field either.

But yes... Jay definitely needs to work on his long ball for sure.

Comment

I thought this too for awhile, and if he continues to underthrow people I'll have to agree more. This is what I noticed about last week. Cutler still needs to work on keeping his footwork more consistent. When cutler throws great passes, his footwork is awesome.

Oakland is a great example of poor footwork and Cutler even said it himself. His feet were off constantly and thus the poor throws. We had the one corner beat constantly, but Jays footwork was bad and either overthrew or underthrew his reciever. Oakland was a bad game for Cutler no matter if it was short passes or the deep ball.

The Jets game was an improvement as far as Jay's footwork was concerned, but there were still times when I thought he could have done better. The weather might have had something to do with Jay's deep ball last week. It was rainy and windy. Jay gets a pass last week, but if he continues to struggle with his footwork and deep passes, I'll be on the hater wagon.

Comment

Jay Cutler > Joe Flacco

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
            I see guys like Flacco making PERFECT long bombs down the field, and then I see Cutler often underthrowing guys like Marshall who have split the double coverage downfield. Anybody thinks he just needs to go into practice and fling some bombs around? We could have had 4-5 more super long TD passes this year if he could make those throws with consistency, maybe more. It's obvious he has the arm strength, I just think he thinks his arm is stronger than it is so he doesn't put as much mustard on it as he needs to.
            Let me say this Joe Flacco got a amazing arm It's a cannon put not good as the arm strengeth as Jay.

And Jay doesn't need work on his long bombs that's just silly talk I've seen Joe flacco up close few times at D-1AA games not as strong as Jay's arm sorry..
            sigpic

Comment

Like its been said previously, its all footwork.

When he has a 3 or 7 step drop, or even when he sets straight up out of PA, he has a beautiful ball.

I VERY rarely see Cutler really step on a throw.

Remember the 60 some yard TD he threw two years ago off of a PA dive? When he actually stepped into the throw, and hit b-marsh with a FROZEN ROPE from that far?

I want that more please.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

From what I've seen he needs to make better decisions about when to go deep. Most of the time he throws deep I see him throwing into double coverage which makes for a very hard throw. With that being said, he has seemed a little off lately..

Comment

NO I don't
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    I think Jays' hand is still hurt.

It's gotta be. Huge difference in zip since that time.
                    Originally posted by boltzpride619
                    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Can't wait for the "Trade Cutler for Flacco" thread

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                        Can't wait for the "Trade Cutler for Flacco" thread
                        Do you think we can trade them straight??!! Or do we have to put in a 3rd to get him!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                          Do you think we can trade them straight??!! Or do we have to put in a 3rd to get him!?!?
                          I just checked the rumor mill, and the Ravens said if we throw in Clady its a done deal

Comment

We can make it a 3 way trade, and get Ty Law for b-marsh and a 7th rounder too.

I couldnt resist.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                              I just checked the rumor mill, and the Ravens said if we throw in Clady its a done deal
                              Perfect!

Comment

Working...
                              X