Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody think Cutler needs to work on his long bombs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    well.. you are exaggerated in both directions.

One.. Flacco doesn't throw perfect long ball EVERY time....
    Two.. I don't think Cutler has left 4-5 EASY TDs on the field either.

But yes... Jay definitely needs to work on his long ball for sure.
    Okay I guess Flacco doesn't throw them perfectly every time, but he threw like 4 against Cincy that were absolute beauties.

I do think Cutler has left that many on the field though. I know there was that one against the Jets where Marshall had I think it was Revis beaten by a good 6 yards when they for some reason left them one on one and Jay threw it far too short and Marshall had to come back and bat away the interception. I remember one against the Raiders, and that 90 yarder to Royal was underthrown, if the corner wasn't blind as a bat that would have been knocked down. I know there are others, I just can't remember them off the top of my head.

I think Cutler has the mid and short range passes down very well as well as the lasers 30-40 yards down field across the middle ofthe field. However, considering how many times he goes deep, if he could work on those sideline deep balls and get them a bit more consistent he'd be like

Comment

Well sweet jesus, I'm not asking to trade Cutler for Flacco and I'm not saying he's a bad QB

I'm just saying he needs to work on his deep ball.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80cf2b33

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80cf1a36

If he could hit his deep throws like that every time we'd be in business. I know the 70 yarder to Clayton was a hair overthrown but Royal has more speed than Clayton.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        Well sweet jesus, I'm not asking to trade Cutler for Flacco and I'm not saying he's a bad QB

I'm just saying he needs to work on his deep ball.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80cf2b33

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80cf1a36

If he could hit his deep throws like that every time we'd be in business. I know the 70 yarder to Clayton was a hair overthrown but Royal has more speed than Clayton.
        Ok let me ask you this hoserman117 who do you think has better arm? Jay or Flacco
        sigpic

Comment

Stokley TD

I noticed he under-threw the Stokley TD in the Jets game. Stokes has to slow himself down to catch it. Luckily the guy was far off enough that he had the time to run it in.

I don't think Jay's long passes are that big of a problem right now but he should definitely work on it before it becomes one.

Either way, Cutler is awesome.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
            Ok let me ask you this hoserman117 who do you think has better arm? Jay or Flacco
            Jays arm is much better, but Flacco has a nicer deep ball. Jays much better in between the hash marks by a mile though. He can throw the ball 60 yards on a rope down the middle of the field, but when it comes to dropping them over the recievers shoulder on the sideline 40+ yards down the field he starts getting inconsistent.

Comment

Jays arm is much better, but Flacco has a nicer deep ball. Jays much better in between the hash marks by a mile though. He can throw the ball 60 yards on a rope down the middle of the field, but when it comes to dropping them over the recievers shoulder on the sideline 40+ yards down the field he starts getting inconsistent.
              I agree.. Right from Flacco what I've seen he does have a better deep ball will that change I think so put have to wait and see.
              sigpic

Comment

This is all the media's fault. They made such a big deal out of Jay saying he had a stronger arm than Elway, so now he thinks he has to throw it through everyone.

(this is merely speculation, but I wouldnt be shocked if it were true.)
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

weather is always a factor in long bombs....In the Jets game, it was windy and raining. That is why both teams did so many bubble screens. Brett Favre's arm couldn't throw deep balls in that weather.

Comment

Working...
                  X