Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailey and Williams downgraded on injury report

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11142350

It appears the Broncos will have to play another week without their two best defensive players.

Broncos coach Mike Shana- han said left cornerback Champ Bailey and weakside linebacker D.J. Williams were downgraded during practice Thursday.

"A little bit tight for both of them," Shanahan said.

Bailey has been out since suffering a partial tear in his left groin while running with New England receiver Randy Moss on Oct. 20. The plan was for Bailey to return Sunday for the game against the Kansas City Chiefs, but he apparently is not quite ready to go full speed.

Williams has been out since suffering a third-degree sprain of his left medial collateral ligament against Miami on Nov. 6. Bailey and Williams did participate in practice on a limited basis Thursday.

The one defensive starter who will return this week is Nate Webster. The middle linebacker had been out since suffering a sprained MCL in his left knee on Nov. 6.

Webster had a second-degree sprain, which was not as severe as Williams' injury.

-------------------

Nooooooo . This makes me a bit sad, but at least we are making sure these guys are ready and not letting them loose to early only to get hurt their first game back. Well, at least this gives more experience to our two rookies Wesley Woodyard and Josh Bell. These guys are playing lights out. Thank God for undrafted free agents

Go Broncos!

Originally posted by BroncoFan006 View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11142350

It appears the Broncos will have to play another week without their two best defensive players.

Broncos coach Mike Shana- han said left cornerback Champ Bailey and weakside linebacker D.J. Williams were downgraded during practice Thursday.

"A little bit tight for both of them," Shanahan said.

Bailey has been out since suffering a partial tear in his left groin while running with New England receiver Randy Moss on Oct. 20. The plan was for Bailey to return Sunday for the game against the Kansas City Chiefs, but he apparently is not quite ready to go full speed.

Williams has been out since suffering a third-degree sprain of his left medial collateral ligament against Miami on Nov. 6. Bailey and Williams did participate in practice on a limited basis Thursday.

The one defensive starter who will return this week is Nate Webster. The middle linebacker had been out since suffering a sprained MCL in his left knee on Nov. 6.

Webster had a second-degree sprain, which was not as severe as Williams' injury.

-------------------

Nooooooo . This makes me a bit sad, but at least we are making sure these guys are ready and not letting them loose to early only to get hurt their first game back. Well, at least this gives more experience to our two rookies Wesley Woodyard and Josh Bell. These guys are playing lights out. Thank God for undrafted free agents

Go Broncos!

Lol, the two i wanted back arent comming back, and the one i didnt want to see back is ready to go, i was looking forward to seeing Williams, Larsen, Winborn as the starters, now not only do i not see williams, but now im losing Larsen too....... and with Larry Johnson comming to town.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

This is not good.

Comment

I enjoyed going 3-1 without Nate Webster, as opposed to 4-4 with

Comment

oh cmon.....couldn't we have at least got williams back...webster is a bum and the one I least wanted to see healthy.
          sigpic

Comment

Bad friggin news
            Get well soon Peyton, Denver loves and saltues you :salute!:

Thanks for the memories Mike. Good luck, you will be missed. :salute!:

Comment

dang

Damn that really sucks just ruined my day

Comment

Unbelievable!
                Don't Panic!

Comment

Oh well. Better play it safe than sorry, especially with a 3 game lead in the West.

Comment

Bad news!

Oh well, we really need DJ and Champ at 100% for the playoffs so there's no sense bringing them back too soon just to play the Chiefs.

Comment

No more WEBSTER!

Get ready to see the 8 to 20 yard runs regarly make its return this week.

Comment

COuld be tactic. I wouldn't be surprised if Shanny is doing it just to get inside the Chiefs heads. Champ said he is playing........
                        Don't Panic!

Comment

This obviously is not good news, but I would rather see Champ and DJ come back when they are 100 percent or very close to it. I can't see us making a strong playoff push without them in the lineup. This is the same team that stuck it to the Jets last week, so we should be more than capable of dominating the chiefs. Honestly I would rather see them sit out another week and try to be 100 percent for the Carolina game.

Comment

Not good news, but come on.

NY JETS > KC CHIEFS?

Our D Held their own. If the Broncos offense does not turn over the ball like in the first meeting, its over for the chiefs. They wont be able to put points on the board. The Chiefs are a completely different team then week 4.

LJ is the only threat, but our run stop has been quite good lately.

I I would much rather see Champ and DJ 100% to go weeks 15,16
                            Last edited by rst08tierney; 12-05-2008, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Is anyone else worried about the physical shape these two might come back in with these type of injuries?

I really hope we get these guys back soon. The defense has been working together much better with all the rookies playing right now. We need to get Champ and DJ back in the rotation, now
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X