Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemons to Lemonade???

Okay it's debate time!!!!

The following link is from an article from a KC writer. I have taken a qoute from the author: "When it comes to making the best of a bad situation, the Denver Broncos lead the NFL in taking the lemons they’ve been handed and making lemonade. And their offensive line is leading the way." What happened to our lemons?

Agree or disagree?

Here's my take on the comment. First, as many of you may realize, this is a term of exaggeration, and therefore I wouldn't think that lemons = sour, hard to eat lemons, rather a valuable food source, with a bit of an initial surprise, shall we say. So generally, to me it means taking a useful item and making something special out of it. In that sense, I agree we are one of the top lemonade makers. In our case, we have lost most of our RBs, LBs, and lately our Dbacks to injury for a good portion of the season, who in total I would classify as average to begin with (except for one incredible CB), and have had to make the most of it with replacements. That's not an easy thing to manage. Especially defense....there's no place to hide with a defense full of backups. But we've rallied of late, and our stats are actually turning around, with backups!! That's lemonade.

And as for our RBs, who would ever think that Hillis, easily the 3rd back wanted from the same college backfield (!!!) could be looking like a star, running behind an oline that few would have been excited about in preseason. That's lemonade.

And what about that oline - a rookie, an almost rookie, a couple of dudes on their last legs and the other guy.....THAT's Lemonade of the finest quality!!!!

And when you look at the numbers, the Broncos have found ways to win games by close margins, some of the come from behind "on the road" type, and in fact have been outscored by 319 to 292. When teams find a way to win (okay, and lose big on occasion).....we're talking about lemonade every coach wants on a hot summmer day. Conversely (and fair enough), they have lost a few games to teams they should have beaten, which can be described as turning lemonade into lemons I guess.....

But are we the best in the league at what this analogy offers? I may disagree on that front, although we're certainly in the elite group. I think the Giants and Pittsburgh are right up there as well. In the last year the Giants lost Schockey, Wilson, Mitchell, Strahan, Osi and now Plexico, and are looking better and better each and every week. They seem to love the process of making lemonade! And the Steelers are another team that seems to excel with this as well. I never thought Ben would get past game 2 with the porous oline in front of him. It looked like he was wrestling, or maybe he was a bad boxer with good recovery powers, instead of a football player. You know, down he goes. Gets up for his next play. Down he goes. And hurting all over! And his RBs also disappeared early in the season, including one excellent back, and another potental star. Didn't matter. More lemonade. Even lately, they lost a couple of dbacks, and it didn't cause a big stir.

So here's to those lemonade makers. In my mind, the Broncos are one of the very best manufacturer of this product indeed. They deserve all the sugar (sweetener for some) they get...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/1...te-flacco-edit

Ummm... go Lemonade?
    In Manning I trust.

Comment

I like lemonade.......

If there is snow do we make "lemonade snow cones" for the Chiefs???
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        I like lemonade.......

If there is snow do we make "lemonade snow cones" for the Chiefs???
        Set up your lemonade snow cone stand in the parking lot....It sounds like a winner!!!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow......

Comment

The O-line on this team has got to get most of the credit for the positive things this team has done this year. Even in games we've played poorly in otherwise they seem to maintain a level of play the rest of the team should match. If they wanna call that lemonade so be it.
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Set up your lemonade snow cone stand in the parking lot....It sounds like a winner!!!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow......
            You have heard the expression "don't eat the yellow snow", right?
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              You have heard the expression "don't eat the yellow snow", right?
              This is how you will look if you taste it

Comment

I found the following link on that page:

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/490

This guy predicts if the draft was done today, Miami would have taken our man Clady with the #1 pick instead of Long. Just thought that was interesting. That at least some people think that we have the player that should have been taken as the top draft pick of 2008. I love it!
                "They're always after me_lucky_charms!"

Comment

Originally posted by me_lucky_charms View Post

This guy predicts if the draft was done today, Miami would have taken our man Clady with the #1 pick instead of Long. Just thought that was interesting. That at least some people think that we have the player that should have been taken as the top draft pick of 2008. I love it!
                  Oh yeah. The guy also thinks our man Royal would have been taken at #4. The #1 and #4 pick on one team. It's a good time to be a Bronco fan.
                  "They're always after me_lucky_charms!"

Comment

I'm a Denver native (since '63) and a Boise Transplant (since '02). I got to see Clady play here for a while on the Smurf Turf. The guy is an animal. No one noticed, or gave him credit, for the blocks he was making in the Tostitos Bowl against OK. But I was watching... OK... I was watching more on replay after he was drafted. The guy was blowing people up!!!

He WILL be a Pro Bowler... mark my words!!!
                    Bronco Fan For A Long, LONG Time!!! :salute!:
                    How many of *YOU* saw them play at Bears Stadium???

"We got 'em right where we want 'em" - Keith Bishop

Comment

Oh yeah. The guy also thinks our man Royal would have been taken at #4. The #1 and #4 pick on one team. It's a good time to be a Bronco fan.
                      Interesting stuff!!! I posted an article early in the season saying we may have got 3 first rounders in the draft (see link). I was convinced about Clady not only being a first rounder but a high first rounder, and Royal was a 2nd rounder that could easily have been picked in round 1. I threw in Torain, just as a teaser, because Shanny was high on him, and we were anxiously awaiting his return (the first time). Of course Torain was a stretch, but my point was that we had just come off a major draft...not to mention all the other guys we got.

Good for you for picking up this info!!:salute!:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=120967

Comment

Working...
                      X