Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Broncos' coaching job the best in football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Broncos' coaching job the best in football?

Cowherd says yes, including college:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...ing_job_th.php

Are you kidding? Shanahan's doing the best job he's EVER done here and people are STILL calling for him to be fired.
    In Manning I trust.

Comment

Shanny has taken your team, with all the injuries, all the problems and all the doubts and taken them to the verge of the AFC West championship. All this when most everyone had written them off. I'd say he's done a great job with what he had to work with this year. :salute!:

Comment

It's a little early to speculate on this subject. Shannahans BEST coaching was 2005. Took his team to the AFCCG with a mediocre running back, a flimsy defense AND a rag armed bone head at QB. This season may top that if he can get his team that far into the playoffs again. Certainly, no one is EXPECTING that to happen . . . except maybe me . . . Super Bowl or bust:salute!:
        uhhh,this ain't Lou from Aurora

Comment

Originally posted by xxxlibertine View Post
          It's a little early to speculate on this subject. Shannahans BEST coaching was 2005. Took his team to the AFCCG with a mediocre running back, a flimsy defense AND a rag armed bone head at QB. This season may top that if he can get his team that far into the playoffs again. Certainly, no one is EXPECTING that to happen . . . except maybe me . . . Super Bowl or bust:salute!:
          I agree. 2005 was by far Shannys best coaching year. After seeing Manning destroy us two years in a row I think when we got to that AFC champ game Shanny knew that that was the best he could do with the snake. Now he has one of the top 5 QB's in NFL that has the arm to win a SB.
          Definition of the word “Fan”: The term fan refers to someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking of a person, group of persons, work of art, idea, or trend.

Definition of True Broncos Fan: Homer.

Rod Smith the greatest ever
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankz_...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
            Are you kidding? Shanahan's doing the best job he's EVER done here and people are STILL calling for him to be fired.

No, no no. Dont confuse the morons on this board with the majority of the fans. 90% of the Broncos fanbase are pretty intelligent, this board represents 9% of the other 10%.

Originally posted by xxxlibertine View Post

I wouldnt call the defense that was 2nd in the league for points allowed and top 5 in turnovers "flimsy". That was by far the best defense we've had in years. It carried over into 2006 (remember only giving up 2TDs through the air in the first 5 or 6 games?) and then injury happend. I can agree with the rest, but that defense was a monster and you can still credit Shanny because he brought in Ekuban, Warren, Brown, Champ, DJ, Al, Ian, Lynch, Ferguson, and Brandon and they were monsters. Not to mention D Wil. So yea, that was Shannys best coaching job so far, but the defense was anything but flimsy.

Comment

Originally posted by imh View Post
              I agree. 2005 was by far Shannys best coaching year. After seeing Manning destroy us two years in a row I think when we got to that AFC champ game Shanny knew that that was the best he could do with the snake. Now he has one of the top 5 QB's in NFL that has the arm to win a SB.

2005 would have been the same old if the broncos faced the Colts. Hands down 2008 is the best he has done with all the injuries and a different HB each game. Its still early, but if Shanny and Co can get out of WildCard Weekend, 2008 takes the Cake.

2005 was a vet team and at that time Jay was playing as a top 3 QB until the Championship Game.
              Last edited by rst08tierney; 12-05-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe View Post
                No, no no. Dont confuse the morons on this board with the majority of the fans. 90% of the Broncos fanbase are pretty intelligent, this board represents 9% of the other 10%.

I wouldnt call the defense that was 2nd in the league for points allowed and top 5 in turnovers "flimsy". That was by far the best defense we've had in years. It carried over into 2006 (remember only giving up 2TDs through the air in the first 5 or 6 games?) and then injury happend. I can agree with the rest, but that defense was a monster and you can still credit Shanny because he brought in Ekuban, Warren, Brown, Champ, DJ, Al, Ian, Lynch, Ferguson, and Brandon and they were monsters. Not to mention D Wil. So yea, that was Shannys best coaching job so far, but the defense was anything but flimsy.
                I don't know if I agree about '05 being his best coaching job. Champ and DJ on the injured list for half of this season, along with 12 guys hitting IR. Fourth string running back starting for us now. Scheffler, Royal, Marshall all missed time. And the defense is horrid. Yet we're 2.5 games up on the division and can clinch with two wins.

'05 was great, but... '08 is better, IMO.
                In Manning I trust.

Comment

You guys are misinterpreting the article. It's not about the job Shanahan's doing this yr., it's about the best place to coach or the best job to have as a coach in football.
                  sigpic
                  "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                  Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe View Post
                    Hey can I save this quote as part of my sig!!!

It really hits home sand sums everything up that happens on here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                      Am I surprised you posted this? Not really. Learn2 football.

Comment

I think it is one of the best jobs in the NFL for sure. Shanahan has had his ups and downs but the organizaion and fans have remained loyal with him and he has responded with his best coaching jobs in 14 years he has been in Denver. 2005 was a great year but we also benefited from having very few major injuries. In fact all of our plaoyff teams have had nowhere near the amount of injuries as the 08 version. I am surprised Cowherd did not mention Pittsburgh as one of the top jobs. They have had three head coaches in the last 40 years. They have had some rough patches, yet their organization has remained loyal to the coaches and they have been rewarded. Dallas and Oakland should take a look a page from Denver and Pittsburgh's book on how to run a succssful franchise.
                        Bronco fan from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Comment

Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                          You guys are misinterpreting the article. It's not about the job Shanahan's doing this yr., it's about the best place to coach or the best job to have as a coach in football.
                          Please, don't confuse us with the facts.

Funny how that happens a lot around here. Guess I was a contributor this time.

Comment

ROFL You can sure tell the people who DIDNT read the link.

It says nothing about how good a coach Shanny is, it says what a GREAT organization it is to be a coach of.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                              Am I surprised you posted this? Not really. Learn2 football.
                              Am I surprised that you have nothing better to do but follow smarter people than you and try to make little digs like "Learn2 football"? Not really.

FatJoe, fanatik here is the ultimate 9%'er.
                              In Manning I trust.

Comment

Working...
                              X