X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodyard Fined

Yet another stupid fine by the retarded NFL:

Woodyard fined.

Wesley Woodyard, who has been replacing Williams at weakside linebacker, had an envelope from the NFL waiting for him after practice Thursday. The letter said he was fined $5,000 for a face-mask penalty against New York Jets running back Thomas Jones. Woodyard also was fined $5,000 the previous week for what the league said was unnecessary roughness on an Oakland player away from the play.

"You get too many of them, it might start getting in your head," Woodyard said. "But Jamie (Winborn) told me last week not to let it get in the way of my playing abilities."

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Wow.... How much more stupid can this idiot commish get?

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      Yet another stupid fine by the retarded NFL:
      Seriously, what's the deal with the inordinate amount of fines?

:hammer:

These leagues are becoming jokes. I can't say these fines are as bad as all of the drama associated with the hockey player, six games for simply distasteful comments about a former girlfriend and current rival?

Comment

Heck, that's probably a quarter of his paycheck!

Comment

New Rule, if they player is going to get fined there is no loss of yardage/gain of yardage. Penalties happen in football. Nough said
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Gurada View Post
            Heck, that's probably a quarter of his paycheck!
            58 Wesley Woodyard $315,000 for the year.

The only person on the team making less than him is Kern.

Comment

The PA will have his back. He'll end up paying nadda.
              sigpic
              "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
              Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

The only time that I think fines should get levied against players, is for very deliberate and damaging incidents.. certainly not for unintentional grabbing of facemasks in the middle of heated play... totally LAME...

Comment

Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
                  The PA will have his back. He'll end up paying nadda.
                  Woodyard was fined last week as well, the PA has nothing to do with these retarded little fines

sigpic

Comment

Is this something new from Goodell ? I've never heard of a fine for a facemask penalty ! He already got penalized the 15 yards, in which there are no more 5 yard facemask anymore. So if Goodell thinks it was deliberate or intentional, that very well could be incidental, it he can be fined ? Whats the deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                      Wow.... How much more stupid can this idiot commish get?
                      I'm guessing they'll start fining people for holding penalties and...............a Runningback running over a guy (Hillis/Brandon Jacobs)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        Woodyard was fined last week as well, the PA has nothing to do with these retarded little fines

I'd be willing to bet the team helps in some fashion. Be it the organization itself or other players.
                        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                          I'd be willing to bet the team helps in some fashion. Be it the organization itself or other players.
                          I'm not mad solely because the fine was on a Bronco, I'm just mad at how far Goodell is taking it. I'm sure there were more than 1 facemask penalties this past Sunday, and I dont understand why Woodyard would be fined for it.

In that case I would fine the retard who slammed Stokely's face into the ground, giving him a black eye

sigpic

Comment

Seriously, what the hell is up with fining over a facemask? This is getting utterly ridiculous.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                              Seriously, what the hell is up with fining over a facemask? This is getting utterly ridiculous.
                              Maybe we should fine Roger Goodell for stupidity

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X