Anderson is a starter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson is a starter...

Well guys from the looks of things Saturday night I think that Mike should be our starter at fullback, he looked great. The first teamers are still unable to get in the end zone but we are looking better. I am starting to get my confidence back into the "O". A few too many dropped passes though, Putzier dropped a pass that he should have caught and Watts did too. What do you guys think of the 45 yard catch on the Champ? Seneca Wallace floated one up there and got lucky I think. This new pass interference thing really sucks, the yellow flags still slow the game down. Well I am out here in Houston and these sorry old Texan fans are getting excited, they think they are going to beat us in our backyard (Invesco). We gotta represent.
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Mike had a great game and is a great back who could start for alot of NFL teams. But, I think Q has not relinquished the starting job, by any means. Griffin is our guy, at least for the season opener. As much as I hate to see it happen, I would not be surprised if Anderson was traded soon. Obviously, Miami is interested, and now Philly. And the Broncos are hinting about a 2005 draft pick, not acquiring veteran help at WR or DL.

Comment

I think we should start Mike at fullback with Quentin running behind him. Are we really thinking of trading MA to Miami, if so are we just trying to get a future first rounder out of it?

sigpic

Comment

I don't think there's any way they'd give up a first round pick for MA. Sure, he's a great back, but Miami has alot of need positions they can use that pick for next year. It is more valuable for them to struggle through this season with what they have and have that first rounder in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoward
          I think we should start Mike at fullback with Quentin running behind him. Are we really thinking of trading MA to Miami, if so are we just trying to get a future first rounder out of it?
          Unless Mike changes his mind, he does not want to play fullback.

He wants to play halfback, and he did show that he probably can play halfback and start if he goes to another team.

I may be wrong but I don't see him starting here unless we have an injury or something.

After Saturday's performance I hope I am wrong. Mike seems to have the burst we need on a short yardage situation.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Unless Mike changes his mind, he does not want to play fullback.

Oh ok, I didnt know that he didnt want to play full. I dont understand why not though, Rod Smith has stated that Mike wants to do all he can for the TEAM this year. If thats true and we need him at fullback, he should be at full. Is this trade talk with Miami legit though? What does Miami have to offer us?

sigpic

Comment

Without seeing Tatum Bell, it's hard to say, but MA is a powerful guy who will get you the tough yards, and he can dish otu a pounding late in the game when defenses are worn down. Maybe the coaching staff feels Bell can fill that role once he's healthy?

Comment

I think this past game was just a great display that Mike wants this job.

It's healthy enough to say we have a very solid backfield no matter who is going to start.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

MA put up some very good numbers against Seattle, albeit most in the second half. I still think that platooning MA and QG behind Droughns is the best scenario for the offence this season. They both bring such different dynamics to the game that I'm sure it would give D coordinators serious headaches having to deal with the two of them. Add droughns ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and the Broncos have a nasty triple threat.

Oh ya did I mention...Plummer can run as well.

I think that the Bronco backfield will open some eyes this season, and that should enable the young receiving corps more space as defences step up to stop the ground attack.
                  Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hey I agree with you totally.

sigpic

Comment

It would not be wise to trade a good Back like anderson to another AFC team, i think we should keep him and at least start him with the starters in one pre-season game, give the guy a fair shot at the rb position, he has been a good player for the team and deserves at least one chance to prove himself.
                      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

They have been giving Anderson a fair shot. Why do you think he got 21 carries, the most carries out of any back this pre-season and some combined. I think they were showcasing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Q#22
                          They have been giving Anderson a fair shot. Why do you think he got 21 carries, the most carries out of any back this pre-season and some combined. I think they were showcasing him.
                          agreed
                          [iMG]

Comment

mike anderson starting

I'm not going to get too excited about MA running all over Seattle's backups, but maybe he is the answer! I think he deserves a shot at starting TB for the next two preseason games. Our offense obviously isn't clicking right now so what could it hurt. MA is a true professional and Shanahan owes him a shot at righting this offense.

Comment

Re: mike anderson starting

Originally posted by broncoz7
                              I'm not going to get too excited about MA running all over Seattle's backups, but maybe he is the answer! I think he deserves a shot at starting TB for the next two preseason games. Our offense obviously isn't clicking right now so what could it hurt. MA is a true professional and Shanahan owes him a shot at righting this offense.
                              The running game is not the part of the offense not working. Griffin and Anderson both are producing. The ground attack is solid. Its Griffins start to lose. It all boils down to how he produces. If he doesnt produce then someone elese will be moved up. However if he continues to produce, he will keep the starting job.

Comment

Working...
                              X