Hillis Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    It's so weird cause we've had success with almost everyone cept Young this year, I really liked Pittman, he was running hard. Torain showed some glimpses of an effective runner. Hillis rocked it too in his chance

The thing I think everyone is forgetting is that come camp time next year we'll have Selvin, Tatum, Pittman. Torain, Hillis, Hall, Boyd.

Obviously some will have to go back to the PS, Hillis will go back to FB, tatum is basically playing for a job next year for someone (Unless he has like 200 yds in a game) and then we always draft someone....so we shall see
    I swear I don't get some of the beefs fans have with players. Young played pretty well and had the highest YPC at the time. He's not a power runner and he certainly doesn't seem durable. But he should do well in a spread offense, especially since he is also a receiving threat.

We will miss Hillis' power, blocking and goalline presence, but we will see more explosiveness and big plays out of a quicker, shiftier backfield.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
      I swear I don't get some of the beefs fans have with players. Young played pretty well and had the highest YPC at the time. He's not a power runner and he certainly doesn't seem durable. But he should do well in a spread offense, especially since he is also a receiving threat.

We will miss Hillis' power, blocking and goalline presence, but we will see more explosiveness and big plays out of a quicker, shiftier backfield.
      While I agree that a quicker shiftier back is better suited for a spread offense? The power, hard-nosed downhill running of a Hillis gave us a much better balance on offense and you could feel it in the way the players were responding to his presence back there.

The finesse, explosive speed backs have their uses but when our passing game isn't performing at its peak theres no substitute for having a RB back there who can pound the ball for consistent 4+ yard gains. With a speed back you are relying more on play-action, and misdirection to set up the runs because they can't chew up the tough yards up the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundog View Post
        Thanks for putting things into perspective for me Drunk Bronco. I just had visions of playoff glory for Hillis. Putting his shoulder down and driving head first into Joey Porter for a 1st down in game #1 of the playoffs.

I want Tatum to do well but I don't think anyone trusts him protecting the ball yet. He needs a 100 yard game to take some pressue off the rest of the team.
        You guys watch out for Cory Boyd, I watched nearly every game he ever played at South Carolina and I think you will be pleased with what you see. He's a hardnosed downhill runner and he'll work to get every inch he can out of each run. He holds onto the ball too, went over 200 carries at USC without a fumble. I hope he gets alot of PT tomorrow, if he does he'll shine. You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
          While I agree that a quicker shiftier back is better suited for a spread offense? The power, hard-nosed downhill running of a Hillis gave us a much better balance on offense and you could feel it in the way the players were responding to his presence back there.

The finesse, explosive speed backs have their uses but when our passing game isn't performing at its peak theres no substitute for having a RB back there who can pound the ball for consistent 4+ yard gains. With a speed back you are relying more on play-action, and misdirection to set up the runs because they can't chew up the tough yards up the middle.
          Well said!!:salute!:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sundog View Post
            I know you can't do anything about it and it's part of the game but I really thought Hillis was the clock eating, smashmouth, downhill runner that could really do something special for us in the playoffs - and make sure we get there. I hadn't seen Denver with a runner like that in a very long time and I thought he was a great tonic for Cutler and the team.

Oh well - I'm sure he'll be an awesome weapon for years to come.
            A Broncos fan since the Orange crush days and being from Arkansas(Go HOGS) it was a dream come true with Denver drafting Hillis, Hillis will be a Bronco 4-life, He gives 150% just ask Felix Jones and Darren McFadden, Hillis will one day be a player that everyone will talk about!!!:salute!:
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X