Here is why I like our chances against Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is why I like our chances against Panthers

1. That defense is giving up yardage in the secondary.
    2. If Tampa Bay receivers did not drop so many balls that were catchable, they would have won that game.
    So consider this, Denver beat Tampa Bay and although it was earlier in the season, they beat them. Carolina has lost three games so they are beatable. And like I said earlier this week, Denver can beat any team in the league if they try. Detroit can beat any team in the league if they try. The problem there, they don't try hard enough. But each team in this league has players with what I believe are equal SKILL SETS. All were drafted into this league. It is up to a coach to get them ready. It is up to the motivation of the players to execute. That is all it is people. I see this as a tough game but mainly when Denver is on defense. All they have to do to win is not turn ball over and score on each offensive opportunity like when they played Indy a few years ago with Plummer. Denver with Mike Bell running the ball in that game almost won. It was amazing to see each team go up and down the field and execute perfectly on each series right up to the fourth quarter. We lost it at the end. Denver will have to play flawless on offense and try to get some three and outs when Carolina is on offense. If they score first and can get the ball back immediately and score again. The game could be a blowout like one I recall against them some years back in Denver. That would be cool. That is actually the last shutout I can recall was against the panthers.

Denver can do it and this will help

If Denver comes out mean and butt stomping with extreme hard hits, and catches Carolina off guard then they can set the stage for something other than what Carolina was expecting. It will take a superb performance similar to what beat the Jets in NY. Lets hope for a cold rainy day. Anyone see the forecast yet for Sunday.

Comment

Wall of Text Hits you *CRITICAL* for 853,342 HP
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

According to the sporting news, partly cloudy and 50 degrees.
        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I also like the fact that Carolina's running game is non-existent when they are playing from behind. Remember the first game with the Bucs when they were stopped for 40 yards rushing. All we need is to get up on them early and play Bronco football. That's it. if that happens and we can contain Steve Smith within the 100 yard and 1 touchdown range, we win and are 4-0 against the NFC south.

It happens on every down. No matter what happened on the previous down we need to come out of the huddle like we own the place...with ferocity. if we do that we will go far.:salute!:

Good luck Broncos!
          vote HILLIS in 2009!

Comment

We certainly will get off the airplane and show up. Our run defense has been improved during our last 4 wins. If we come out and win the turnover battle we are going to be in this game. We have the second rated offense in the NFL. If we play up to our capabilities and we play better against the better teams, there is no reason we can't come out of Carolina with a win. We have shown ourselves that we are a pretty good road team.
            sigpic

Comment

So the question now will be. When Denver beats the Panthers, will the league take note or will they still be under the radar?
              Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighHitMan7 View Post
                So the question now will be. When Denver beats the Panthers, will the league take note or will they still be under the radar?
                If Denver shuts down the Panthers running attack someone will notice.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah... if we can somehow get to a 14-0 lead or something, we'd have a shot unless Jake actually became a good QB again out of nowhere. Still, I think if we shift to nickle when they throw, they will try to get a 50+ yard run off us, so we have to be prepared.

Comment

My stomache is in knots right now, I hope we beat Carolina on sunday everyone is picking against us, so I hope we can show them wrong lol.
                    GO Broncos!!

Comment

Originally posted by Canmore View Post
                      If Denver shuts down the Panthers running attack someone will notice.
                      We are good against these power rushing teams-as opposed to the zone-misdirection types of schemes. I think we have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Odomsfan View Post
                        1. That defense is giving up yardage in the secondary.
                        2. If Tampa Bay receivers did not drop so many balls that were catchable, they would have won that game.
                        So consider this, Denver beat Tampa Bay and although it was earlier in the season, they beat them. Carolina has lost three games so they are beatable. And like I said earlier this week, Denver can beat any team in the league if they try. Detroit can beat any team in the league if they try. The problem there, they don't try hard enough. But each team in this league has players with what I believe are equal SKILL SETS. All were drafted into this league. It is up to a coach to get them ready. It is up to the motivation of the players to execute. That is all it is people. I see this as a tough game but mainly when Denver is on defense. All they have to do to win is not turn ball over and score on each offensive opportunity like when they played Indy a few years ago with Plummer. Denver with Mike Bell running the ball in that game almost won. It was amazing to see each team go up and down the field and execute perfectly on each series right up to the fourth quarter. We lost it at the end. Denver will have to play flawless on offense and try to get some three and outs when Carolina is on offense. If they score first and can get the ball back immediately and score again. The game could be a blowout like one I recall against them some years back in Denver. That would be cool. That is actually the last shutout I can recall was against the panthers.

1. Fifth best in the league in yards/attempt. Puttiing teams in position where they have to pass more is not a bad thing.

2. "IF" . Panthers played the game as it came. Drops can and do happen all the time. Had those balls been caught, the Panther "might" have adjusted in other areas to still win. No way to know.

While you compare this to previous Broncos victories against the Panthers or earlier this season against the Bucs, keep one thing in mind. Those were in your own house.
                        Have you ever seen the Stewart stiff arm?

I can't post a William version. It's classified as obscene.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                          Yeah... if we can somehow get to a 14-0 lead or something, we'd have a shot unless .
                          Well, the Panthers have had 4 games this year where they fell behind by 14 or more early. The record in those games? 2-2 (both losses against division opponents on the road).
                          Have you ever seen the Stewart stiff arm?

I can't post a William version. It's classified as obscene.

Comment

Jake Delhomme
                            he has been sacked 19 times so far and he has 13tds and 11 ints

Stop the run game and make this guy throw the ball and we have a great shot at winning in Cat Country:salute!:

We have to shut down the Cats returns.. Jones is fast. We cant allow them to have short fields or it will be a long day for us.
                            Last edited by Deltagbear; 12-12-2008, 04:54 AM.
                            If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

Comment

Plus don't we own them ever since they existed? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the panthers have ever beaten the Broncos before.

Comment

Working...
                              X