Biggest "need 2 Fix" On Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest "need 2 Fix" On Defense

We Need Dre "where The Reciever At?" Bly Out Of The Corner Position And Onto A Different Team!!!

I dont know what Dre Bly did to provoke you to say this, but he's been practically shutting down his receiver since Champ Bailey was injured

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      I dont know what Dre Bly did to provoke you to say this, but he's been practically shutting down his receiver since Champ Bailey was injured
      For as many chances he gets to shut down the reciever it seems the receiver always wins. bly always seems to b the last person around the reciever. and he's too short. they just toss it ova his head.

Comment

Leaving Bly's outstanding play overall the past many weeks...

KC ties the game against us if he doesn't come up and make a form tackle on Thigpen...
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by daking101 View Post
          We Need Dre "where The Reciever At?" Bly Out Of The Corner Position And Onto A Different Team!!!
          100 post rule . . . anyone?? anyone?? Bueller? . . . Bueller?

Why'd you kick me? Where's your brain?

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

KC ties the game against us if he doesn't come up and make a form tackle on Thigpen...
            he has no oustanding play overall in the past many weeks. if he did he would b a consideration in th pro bowl but he's not even that. qb's love to pick on him. there are many other corners betta then him. and for the thigpen tackle. i do agree that that was an impressive tackle.

Comment

100 post rule aside, I am still not sure why this couldn't have gone with one of the other 37 posts on "fire Bly," "trade Bly," "cut Bly"

Comment

Clearly the biggest "need to fix" not only on defense but the entire team is the defensive line. Give me a couple guys who can rush the passer consistently and see how much better not only dre looks, but the entire secondary. (Yes even manuel mght look like a decent NFL safety if we get some pressure on the QB)

Comment

Bly has been playing better in recent weeks....

I too have called for his head on more than one occasion. One game that really sticks out is that Green Bay game in overtime last year.

Bly is past his prime and it wont be long before he is replaced.

Jack Williams will be an up and comer but I have been really impressed with Josh Bell.

Bell has made some big plays in Bailey's absence.
                  sigpic

Comment

he has no oustanding play overall in the past many weeks. if he did he would b a consideration in th pro bowl but he's not even that. qb's love to pick on him. there are many other corners betta then him. and for the thigpen tackle. i do agree that that was an impressive tackle.
                    Right... because it's Bailey's great play the past month that's put him at the top of his position for Pro Bowl voting.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

He also got berated on the boards when he got beat by Ashley Lelie, but the fact is he actually had better position on the route than Lelie did (referring to the fly pattern on the sideline). He was actually half of a step in front of Lelie, but Lelie just made a great play on the ball. It was excellent coverage.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                        Clearly the biggest "need to fix" not only on defense but the entire team is the defensive line. Give me a couple guys who can rush the passer consistently and see how much better not only dre looks, but the entire secondary. (Yes even manuel mght look like a decent NFL safety if we get some pressure on the QB)
                        Agreed. We need another big D-Tackle to really push the middle, and free up the LB's and DE's for the pass rush.

Closely followed by the need for another high caliber safety. Barrett looks good, but has some growing to do. The others are all average.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                          100 post rule aside, I am still not sure why this couldn't have gone with one of the other 37 posts on "fire Bly," "trade Bly," "cut Bly"
                          Because this guy hasn't been around the boards long enough to even be aware that he's beating a horse that has be killed, whipped, revived, beaten some more, and is now dead again.

I've got no problem with Noobs in general, but try to become part of the community, don't just bull your way in spouting off garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                            Agreed. We need another big D-Tackle to really push the middle, and free up the LB's and DE's for the pass rush.

Closely followed by the need for another high caliber safety. Barrett looks good, but has some growing to do. The others are all average.
                            I agree as well. I have said before that safety is also a major concern. I am really hoping that we can get at least one great linemen in free agency, and that way we could draft safety early in the draft. After watching the draft from a couple years ago (when we drafted moss, crowder, and thomas) I think its time to take our chances with the safety postion in the draft, and try and improve our d-line through free agency and a little in the draft.

I'm not saying that those three guys are terrible, and maybe they will prove me wrong someday and step up to "elite" status, but I just don't see it happening.

Comment

am i understanding you right? are you saying hes not good cause hes not gonna make the pro bowl? correct me if im wrong but isnt D.J. not gonna make the pro bowl? if so then hes crappy too and should be traded/cut?

Comment

Working...
                              X