Clady or Stewart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clady or Stewart?

Just wondering if there was anyone out there who still would rather have Stewart over Clady? It was rumored that he was #2 on our draft board last year and he's done well this year. I'd have to say that pre-draft I wanted Stewart but post-draft I'd rather have Clady. Does everyone agree?:salute!:
    sigpic
    Made by Houshmazode

No way Clady > Stewart!
    sigpic

Comment

Its not even close, Stewart in a heart beat..

If I was Al Davis

CLADY > the rest of the 2008 NFL draft

Comment

But seriously, how many people were about ready to rip me a new one after they read the first line? haha

Comment

clady is hands down the best player in the draft. but i can't say anything cuz i was a mendenhall supporter (i was right about royal though)
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Stewart is a fine running back and is having a tremendous rookie season, but I still would take Clady in a heartbeat. Remember Carolina also solidified their running game when they traded with Philly and nabbed Otah later in the first round. Clady has been hands down the best rookie lineman in the draft. Stewart would have done well here, but Cutler would have been on his backside a lot more without Clady. And with our luck this year Stewart would have been hurt if we had drafted him. The bigger thing I am thankful for is that we took Clady over Chris Williams.
            Bronco fan from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
              clady is hands down the best player in the draft. but i can't say anything cuz i was a mendenhall supporter (i was right about royal though)
              I wanted either one. I liked Mendenhall but I ended up thinking it would be better for us to get Stewart. I'm more than happy with Clady though.:salute!:
              sigpic
              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

When draft time was i around i was and am a big Stewart fan, but the way the season has gone im glad we didnt draft him! If we did he would of just got hurt with our 6 other backs.

i was pissed when we drafted Clady but im not happy and eating some crow lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wanobe View Post
                  When draft time was i around i was and am a big Stewart fan, but the way the season has gone im glad we didnt draft him! If we did he would of just got hurt with our 6 other backs.

i was pissed when we drafted Clady but im not happy and eating some crow lol
                  I also have to admit I wasn't for drafting Clady! But his play has just been outstanding. Does anyone know who are LT would have been without Clady? Do I even want to know the answer lol.

Comment

I was hoping for Stewart at the time, but fully expected Clady to be the pick, and I was okay with that from the moment it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                      I was hoping for Stewart at the time, but fully expected Clady to be the pick, and I was okay with that from the moment it happened.
                      took the words right out of my mouth . . . . i love both players and think both will be excellent if not great players in this league

clady filled a bigger need though so id stick with him, plus with how much we pass (even when we had a healthy backfield) it benefits us so much more to protect cutler

but im all for James Davis this year
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

Clady for sure. Offensive linemen like him don't come around very often while we always seem to find a serviceable RB.
                        Definition of the word “Fan”: The term fan refers to someone who has an intense, occasionally overwhelming liking of a person, group of persons, work of art, idea, or trend.

Definition of True Broncos Fan: Homer.

Rod Smith the greatest ever
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankz_...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                          I was hoping for Clady at the time but figured he'd be gone (A lot of draftniks had him going to Kansas Shty), nor did I ever believe that Mike Shanahan would draft an offensive lineman higher than the 3rd round, Stewart was second on my wish list.......

Comment

It is kind of amazing how a great LT can solidify the entire offense. I liked the idea of drafting Stewart as that was sexier than taking an offensive lineman, but the maases were right, Clady was a killer pick ad we are set for years with him protecting Cutler. Plus he has his head on straight.

Comment

I'll take Clady.

You can find a great runningback anywhere in the draft. A dominant LT is a thing of beauty. Only exception would be an Adrian Peterson kind of running back.

Comment

Working...
                              X