No announcement yet.

Clady or Stewart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really never knew WHY people wanted an RB in the first round..

Don't get me wrong, Stewart is a beast... but with the loss of our best LT and run blocker in Lepsis, who would block for this rookie??

I'm so so SO glad we got Clady. I am soooooo surprised with the way he's literally... DOMINATED at his position. The same can be said about Ryan Harris, and pretty much the rest of the O-line. They are this years team MVP.. HANDS down.

Comment

Clady without a doubt. RB's are a dime a dozen, ESPECIALLY in Denver. LT's as good as Clady don't come around very often, and we are lucky to get arguably the second best player in the draft at 11.
      Last edited by jdubv724; 12-11-2008, 08:32 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Wait a second......so what alot of you are saying.......is that the COACHES and STAFF know more about what is good for this team then THE FANS??

I don't understand......how could that be????

And here I thought us fans knew everything......

Comment

Running backs grow on TREES folks. Look how many ROOKIE RBs are amongst the tops in the NFL right now. Thats not because its HARD to find a RB. Its much much MUCH harder to find a LT (especially one that is looking to be a FRANCHISE LT) than a RB.

There is NO WAY anyone should be wishing for some RB over a stud like Clady.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            . The same can be said about Ryan Harris, and pretty much the rest of the O-line. They are this years team MVP.. HANDS down.
            What??? SOOOO many couch experts had Harris as a bust. You mean he's playing well? How can that be??

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              Running backs grow on TREES folks. Look how many ROOKIE RBs are amongst the tops in the NFL right now. Thats not because its HARD to find a RB. Its much much MUCH harder to find a LT (especially one that is looking to be a FRANCHISE LT) than a RB.

There is NO WAY anyone should be wishing for some RB over a stud like Clady.
              Well, I know we discussed at the time how we both kind of wanted Stewart even though a LT was a bigger need. I still want a franchise caliber running back.

But I don't see how anyone could want Stewart OVER Clady considering how well Clady has played. I won't say that great RBs are easy to find but great LTs are definitely a rare breed and I think we found one in Clady. I really thought he'd struggle as a rookie but man has that guy been good from the start.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

An elite LT is 10 times harder to find than a good RB. Clady for sure.
                sigpic

Comment

I was a supporter of Stewart or Mendenhall but I'm very happy with the Clady pick. The statement posed earlier; Running backs grow on TREES folks. Where are they because they sure are not in Denver. The fact remains that Denver needs a real talent in the backfield, not a 5th round back who has first round talent, nor a undrafted back who can't stay healthy. The fact remains that stud running backs are not a dime a dozen like some assume on this board. We have been searching for that back since the trade of Portis. The fact that Shanny was considering Stewart as a option; tells us that we need that type of back. Our current backs will not get us to the next level. I personally would have been fine with Stewart but Clady was a excellent pick.

Comment

Working...
                  X