Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panther fan comments

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    The good ole Champ would have intercepted those 2 balls. He is one the best, no doubt. But once he was feared like Asomugha, today he is respected.
    then why is it that QBs still don't throw at him? if he lost so many steps, how is it that he was literally shutting down Randy Moss?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by B-IZZLE View Post
      the reason why nnamdi can make all those plays is cause he doesnt have to worry about getting beat cause he has good safeties.... not that he needs help but shoot if champ had huff behind him he would be jumpin routes all day...
      this is dead on. Its a lot easier to make breaks on balls when you know you have a safety that has your backside. Look at Pittsburgh. Their corners know they can play tight and tough because they have good safeties. Our corners have to play loose and safe, because we can't rely on our safeties at all.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        then why is it that QBs still don't throw at him? if he lost so many steps, how is it that he was literally shutting down Randy Moss?
        He was shutting down Randy Moss because Matt Cassel was still rusty to make the bigger throws and as a young QB without playing time I am sure he was avoiding Bailey. But do you think things would be the same with Tom Brady on the field? And when Moss used his speed in a deep route and Champ tried to follow, what happened? He tore his groin.

        And what about Phillip Rivers and Brett Favre? They are top QBs that can beat Bailey and proved it when they played against us. Rivers beat Bailey with a deep throw even without good arm strenght and connected with Chambers several times. Favre beat Bailey in a deep throw using a rookie WR.

        Anyway, I don't deny that Bailey is still a great corner, I don't think we should trade him, etc. I just agree with other people who say he is not the same from a few years ago.
        Last edited by -Rod-; 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          All this about Champ is coming from the fans of a team that gave up 300 passing yards to Jeff Garcia, 200 to Antonio Bryant. If our passing game is at full strength, we should be okay.
          vote HILLIS in 2009!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            this is dead on. Its a lot easier to make breaks on balls when you know you have a safety that has your backside. Look at Pittsburgh. Their corners know they can play tight and tough because they have good safeties. Our corners have to play loose and safe, because we can't rely on our safeties at all.
            Shoot....you make football sound like some sort of "team game".

            I thought it was all about individual stats...
            sigpic

            And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

            Comment


            • #21
              Look guys, the point of the matter is not what some dumb fan from another NFL team says about any of our players.
              What matters is what the Panthers think and plan for. That's the ticket laddie!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                He was shutting down Randy Moss because Matt Cassel was still rusty to make the bigger throws and as a young QB without playing time I am sure he was avoiding Bailey. But do you think things would be the same with Tom Brady on the field? And when Moss used his speed in a deep route and Champ tried to follow, what happened? He tore his groin.

                And what about Phillip Rivers and Brett Favre? They are top QBs that can beat Bailey and proved it when they played against us. Rivers beat Bailey with a deep throw even without good arm strenght and connected with Chambers several times. Favre beat Bailey in a deep throw using a rookie WR.

                Anyway, I don't deny that Bailey is still a great corner, I don't think we should trade him, etc. I just agree with other people who say he is not the same from a few years ago.

                Yea at least Champ looked 100X better getting beat then Aso did getting beat plus the PI call agianst the Chargers.

                Every corner gets beat. no matter how good you are, digging up 2 examples means NOTHING. Champ tore a groin, I doubt it had anything to do with how fast he was trying to run.


                :salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  He was shutting down Randy Moss because Matt Cassel was still rusty to make the bigger throws and as a young QB without playing time I am sure he was avoiding Bailey. But do you think things would be the same with Tom Brady on the field? And when Moss used his speed in a deep route and Champ tried to follow, what happened? He tore his groin.
                  The truth is Champ is the one guy Brady can't beat. I remember a game when Champ was still with the deadskins..and Brady threw numerous balls and long balls against Bailey and never succeeded. Bailey ended up picking him off in that game to secure the win. And when Brady tried to beat Champ in the endzone in the playoff game, he got 99yards the other way.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X