Mount Crushmore: The Greatest Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Crushmore: The Greatest Broncos

So, what do you guys think? I know we won some Super Bowls with 3 of those 4...but maybe there needs to be more that 4. What about Tom Jackson? Rod Smith? Karl Mecklenburg? Zimmerman?

I know it was a vote by the people for the people...but I just think its almost sacrilege.

found here: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...s/?partner=RSS
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

So, what do you guys think? I know we won some Super Bowls with 3 of those 4...but maybe there needs to be more that 4. What about Tom Jackson? Rod Smith? Karl Mecklenburg? Zimmerman?

I know it was a vote by the people for the people...but I just think its almost sacrilege.

I am allright with it! Thoase 4 are as good as any that ever played, in their positions!:salute!:

Comment

It's a shame Louis Wright didn't make it. For my money, he's the best defensive player the Broncos have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
        It's a shame Louis Wright didn't make it. For my money, he's the best defensive player the Broncos have ever had.
        Who could forget about Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater?

Comment

Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
          Who could forget about Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater?
          Ah yes; Those two caused a league wide epidemic of alligator arms.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

What about FLOYD LITTLE!?!!?!?!?
            sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I am sure I will get flamed for saying this, but I am going to say it anyway. Take Sharpe off and put Rod Smith in his place. If it has to be only four, put people on there that took team before personal gain. Smith was the quintessential team player. Sharpe was not.
              Proud Bronco fan since 1975. I just wish every football player out there today was more like my man Rod Smith. Knowing we will never see him on the field again is very hard. He gave everything he had and left his guts on the field. I will miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by T55Bird View Post
                I am sure I will get flamed for saying this, but I am going to say it anyway. Take Sharpe off and put Rod Smith in his place. If it has to be only four, put people on there that took team before personal gain. Smith was the quintessential team player. Sharpe was not.
                Dude, I 100% agree. It was a giant popularity poll, and it even said so. Shows you who really votes on these things.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

My 4....

Elway, Shanahan, Rod Smith, and Gradishar

seriously i dont know why Shanahan wasn't even listen on that thing.....bothers me
                  "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                  -The best in the business-

Comment

Originally posted by TheMastermind View Post
                    My 4....

Elway, Shanahan, Rod Smith, and Gradishar

seriously i dont know why Shanahan wasn't even listen on that thing.....bothers me
                    Did I ever tell you I think you are Mike Shanahan?

I think you are.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I think you are.

Nope. That's me. And I agree with this "Mastermind" fellow, Shannahan--I mean I--should be up there unless it's players only.

Comment

This is the end result of a poll conducted by the Rocky Mountain News, and the people in Denver didn't vote Steve Atwater onto this "mountain"? Is there something in the water out there?

Glad Shannon got on, anyway. Rod Smith in Shannon's place? No way...

EDIT: note the rocks with numbers along the base. Tom Jackson, Rod Smith, Floyd Little, Jason Elam. "Honorable mentions", I guess.
                        Last edited by #28; 12-12-2008, 02:55 PM.
                        sigpic

TZ

Comment

I agree with a few of the posters above, Rod deserves to be on there over Sharpe, However im a little biased toward true team players, thats why even though i will get flamed for this i think Eddie Mac deserves to be on there to, of course i also think there should have been more than 4 spaces!

Comment

If you look at the numbers on the stomes in the foreground you'll see (L to R) Tom Jackson, Rod Smith, Floyd Little (Should be HOF resident), and Jason Elam

Notable missing members are Gary Zimmerman (HOF), Steve Atwater, Ed McCaffrey, Karl Mecklenburg, etc.

Glad to see Gradishar remembered. At least one old timer got in. Now we just need to get him and Floyd into the Hall.

Comment

I think you are.
                              lol you figured it out.....

i still deserve to be on there
                              "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                              -The best in the business-

Comment

Working...
                              X