We're Nearly A Lock To Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Nearly A Lock To Win

The experts all picked against us. We win automatically. Watch and see, the Broncos seem to destroy anytime they're picked against, and I LOVE IT.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/intel?gameId=281214029

I really dont see how the Broncos pull off this upset:

Originally posted by getlynched47
    yeah....I've tried to maintain at least a little optimism going into each game. I just cant muster any this time...I dont see how the Broncos win this game. They DESTROYED the 4th ranked rushing defense with the run...and they have a pretty good defense as well.....

By all means, I hope the Broncos win and make me look like a fool, but I have a really hard time believing that the Broncos will win this one

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Well, my friend, take hope. Anytime most of us were thinking "Wow, this ain't gonna happen.." It happened. And in a big way. (See Jets, Falcons). I was losing hope, and I actually had a bet AGAINST the broncos, because no matter what, I was gonna be happy. Money, or the Broncos winning. One's as good as the other.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        By scoring more than the Panthers...

Comment

We really have no business winning this game. Carolina is a top-5 team that has a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. Of course there is "any given Sunday" but the odds are heavily against us.
          sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

We have a top TWO offense, and a defense that has started to actually pull some three and outs in the first quarter. If our offense can go firing on all cylinders to start, put a couple touchdowns on the board a la week 1-3, Carolina won't have the option of running. Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme are going to have to carry them. I'd have to see that to believe it.

Comment

I think this Broncos team has got a little something going on - injuries, melt-downs, strife in the defensive scheme - there are certainly reasons to doubt them -

BUT - the 'intangibles' that can't be measured - heart, desire, chemistry - I think this team has it, and they are 'jelling' at the right time.

I do believe, if they have a 'good' day they can beat any team in the NFL - but it's a roll of the dice on which Bronco's team shows up

With a streak of 4 going, it's possible they are just beginning to hit a stride...

Comment

Originally posted by Judoka0822 View Post
                The experts all picked against us. We win automatically. Watch and see, the Broncos seem to destroy anytime they're picked against, and I LOVE IT.

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

Well, aside from the obvious challenge on defense slowing down Williams and Stewart, their QB turns the ball over....a lot. Their defense is very beatable through the air, I dont know if you guys noticed the guy who had been out of football for a year come in and rip them for 200 yards and 2 scores all with a QB not exactly known for putting up huge numbers.

Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
                We really have no business winning this game. Carolina is a top-5 team that has a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. Of course there is "any given Sunday" but the odds are heavily against us.

We're a top 5 team too,m we just dont play like one every week. The talent is here, we can absolutely win this game and I expect a win.

Comment

Why is everyone so on top of the carolina bandwagon? Yes they are a good team and can very well beat us. Should they beat us? Only as much as we should beat them. I look at the games prior to the TB game and I see a team that is no better or consistent than us. Seriously they almost lost to detroit!

Yes their running game is heads and shoulders better than ours, but our passing game is heads and shoulders better than theirs (yes steve smith included). Both our defense over the past 4-5 weeks have been basically identical. I don't see how everyone even our own fans think we are outmatched. I still see this as a very winnable game.

Comment

Just to add to the discussion, what do you guys see playing out in this matchup? I predict about 120 yards between Williams and Stewart, and a touchdown for Smith. But I've also got one from Marshall, and Scheffler, and a really long breakaway from from Tater.

Comment

ok, I really don't see what's with all this "we have no chance" of winning against Carolina. Up until the Bucs game, the Panther's running game has just been "decent" not "GREAT" but "decent." Take a good look at the Packers game, those guys are right there down on the bottom with us as to the Ranking of Run Defense. With the exception of 2 big runs, the Panthers did diddly poo against the Packers' 26th rank run defense (Deangello williams had 84 yards, 50 yards on one play).

I don't get why people are so down on our Defense too. Yes, we're ranked 28th in the league against the run; but remember guys, the ranking includes stats recorded from the beginning of the season also. And yes, we were dreadful at the beginning of the season. But as the season progresses and the athletes start to adapt more and more to slowik's season, even a blind man has to notice that our run defense is really starting to improve. IE) Against the Jets, if it weren't for Thomas Jones' "off the back of our defender run," we would've limited them to under 100 yards.

I for one KNOW that we are going to win this game.
                      --BREAKING NEWS--

DENVER TO DRAFT "YES" WITH THE #2 OVERALL PICK!

"Who will Denver draft with the #2 overall pick?"
                      sigpic

MY 2012 MOCK DRAFT:

RD 1: YES
                      RD 2: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                      RD 3: IT'S A HIGH POSSIBILITY
                      RD 4: NOT IN THE HORIZON
                      RD 5: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                      RD 6: CONCENTRATE AND ASK AGAIN
                      RD 7: NO

Comment

Originally posted by Judoka0822 View Post
                        We have a top TWO offense, and a defense that has started to actually pull some three and outs in the first quarter. If our offense can go firing on all cylinders to start, put a couple touchdowns on the board a la week 1-3, Carolina won't have the option of running. Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme are going to have to carry them. I'd have to see that to believe it.

While your passing ypg and total offense are ranked high, we still score more points per game.

Comment

It's exactly the same match up as Atlanta. Ask Micheal Turner how he feels about the Denver Broncos. Going into a tough stadium against a good running team who is undefeated at home, this is not the game the Broncos mess up. Now if we were playing Detroit at home, I would be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by JPEPP4PREZ View Post
                            While your passing ypg and total offense are ranked high, we still score more points per game.
                            Consistently maybe, but if you were to say which team is capable of scoring more points the fastest? Everyone would agree the broncos would win.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                              Consistently maybe, but if you were to say which team is capable of scoring more points the fastest? Everyone would agree the broncos would win.

I agree that the Broncos passing attack is fierce; but how to defense it is all schematics and gameplaning. I believe we have the upperhand on game planning.

Comment

Working...
                              X