Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DJ Back to Mike?

D.J. Williams - LB Dec. 12 - 7:06 pm et

The Rocky Mountain News suggests that D.J. Williams (knee) could move to middle linebacker full time now that he's healthy.
    Williams, who's listed as probable, was playing inside on passing downs before his injury. The Broncos want to keep rookie weak-side LB Wesley Woodyard in the lineup and it could come at current MLB Nate Webster's expense. Denver could also move Webster to the strong side, replacing Jamie Winborn.

LINK

They also said that Selvin practiced without limits today

i hope DJ is okay with the move,

Winborn, DJ and Wooodyard sounds amazing to me

Originally posted by biggymac609 View Post
    D.J. Williams - LB Dec. 12 - 7:06 pm et

The Rocky Mountain News suggests that D.J. Williams (knee) could move to middle linebacker full time now that he's healthy.
    Williams, who's listed as probable, was playing inside on passing downs before his injury. The Broncos want to keep rookie weak-side LB Wesley Woodyard in the lineup and it could come at current MLB Nate Webster's expense. Denver could also move Webster to the strong side, replacing Jamie Winborn.

LINK

They also said that Selvin practiced without limits today

i hope DJ is okay with the move,

Winborn, DJ and Wooodyard sounds amazing to me
    Or something less than amazing....

Haven't we seen this movie before???

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
      Or something less than amazing....

Haven't we seen this movie before???
      Yes.. and it worked out pretty well then.

If you want to keep your BEST LBs on the field at the same time, you MUST put your best players on the field at the best time. Thats pretty easy to understand... and a pretty sound piece of logic.

Why would you NOT make the move? Because DJ isn't better than Webster? Please... I know you can't POSSIBLY be saying that. DJ DID do well at MLB, and it makes complete sense to put him back there (although surprising they are doing it at this point).

Comment

I think Williams would do fine, but I'm not sure if I like the idea.
        Last edited by MileHighMagic15; 12-12-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

its for the best ... it would be ridiculous to keep woodyard as a backup

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            Yes.. and it worked out pretty well then.

If you want to keep your BEST LBs on the field at the same time, you MUST put your best players on the field at the best time. Thats pretty easy to understand... and a pretty sound piece of logic.

Why would you NOT make the move? Because DJ isn't better than Webster? Please... I know you can't POSSIBLY be saying that. DJ DID do well at MLB, and it makes complete sense to put him back there (although surprising they are doing it at this point).
            Ravage, I know you never saw a Broncos move you did not like, but DJ in the middle last year WAS absolutely a failure, period....which is why the Broncos moved him back to the weakside to begin with.

Comment

"The Rocky Mountain News suggests that D.J. Williams (knee) could move to middle linebacker full time now that he's healthy.
              Williams, who's listed as probable, was playing inside on passing downs before his injury. The Broncos want to keep rookie weak-side LB Wesley Woodyard in the lineup and it could come at current MLB Nate Webster's expense. Denver could also move Webster to the strong side, replacing Jamie Winborn."

Sweeeet! :clap:

Personally, I think this move of Williams sucks, if they do make this move, hopefully for his sake this time it's finally permanent.......by the end of Williams career he'll have played every LB position in ever scheme and have mastered NONE of them.

This is getting retarded.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                "The Rocky Mountain News suggests that D.J. Williams (knee) could move to middle linebacker full time now that he's healthy.
                Williams, who's listed as probable, was playing inside on passing downs before his injury. The Broncos want to keep rookie weak-side LB Wesley Woodyard in the lineup and it could come at current MLB Nate Webster's expense. Denver could also move Webster to the strong side, replacing Jamie Winborn."

Sweeeet! :clap:

Personally, I think this move of Williams sucks, if they do make this move, hopefully for his sake this time it's finally permanent.......by the end of Williams career he'll have played every LB position in ever scheme and have mastered NONE of them.

This is getting retarded.......
                IF the move is being made, it is to accomodate Wesley Woodyard, who Shanahan himself was 'going to be a starter' in the NFL for a long time, and while he is undersized, he has played very well.

God forbid we move DJ back to the strongside, where he can use his physical talents to his advantage, and all the while a player that has been very good for us, Jamie Winborn, goes back to the bench.

Really, this move, if it becomes reality, could be a mistake...

But at least this will answer the 'DJ in the middle' question once and for all, because he sure as hell is no Al Wilson in there.

Comment

Will DJ ask Shanny to be traded if we keep moving him to different positions?

Now first off let me start off by saying I LOVE DJ! He is a fantastic Linebacker and we should do all we can to get him to stay in Denver for the rest of he career.

But... DJ said he hates playing Middle Linebacker and didn't we promise him that we wouldn't move him anymore? All I'm saying is, a player can only take so much of all of this, so do you think he will ask for a trade if we keep moving him?

Note: If he would ask for one i don't think it would be this year, I think Denver would have to move him a few more times for this to happen.
                  sigpic

Comment

DJ is a team player and will do whatever is asked of him, he might not be thrilled about it but he will keep it to himself and go out and play stellar like a true professional should, and thats a great thing in these times when attitude's like TO and others catch all the headlines when its really pathetic, and also the broncos rewarded his team first attitude with a hefty contract extension, so the respect is there both ways and he will go nowhere

Comment

Not after he signed that contract. I'm sure he knows now how much the team appreciates him.
                      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
                        Ravage, I know you never saw a Broncos move you did not like, but DJ in the middle last year WAS absolutely a failure, period....which is why the Broncos moved him back to the weakside to begin with.
                        This entire post is a wrong failure.

Moving DJ back to weak wasn't because he was a "failure".. thats absurd and copmletely WRONG...... period. <---(this is a period)

He was moved back to his natural position because we were spending the draft on the offense, and DJ on the weak was putting him in the best spot with the personnel we had. Do you not see and believe that DJ was better in the middle than Webster????

You were the one that said Harris at RT was a complete "failure" and some "Tyler Polumbus" was the best man for the job and would be starting. So you'll excuse me if I don't take your opinion on "failures" very seriously.

The best "option" at the beginning of the year (knowing what we know now) would have been to kept DJ in the middle. Had we known that the entire starting LB'ing corp would go down with injury, we may have started diffrent people. Had we known that that Woodyard would be so good as a rookie, we would have kept DJ in the middle. Had we known that Boss couldn't play for 5 minutes without getting hurt, we may have picked up a WLB in FA instead and kept DJ in the middle. DJ was the best move to make considering the personnel on the team, and THAT is the exact reason we are moving him BACK to MLB, because its best based on personnel.

Comment

i know he has been switched alot but were paying him and he should do whats best for the team and at this point its getting woodyard on the field......even if dj is not great in the middle he is for damn sure better than webster just on talent alone

Comment

To my knowledge, Williams hasn't really complained about the moves, saying only that he doesn't want to play the Strong Side.

I think you might be overreacting.......

Comment

The reason we dont' move DJ back to the strong-side is because its a WASTE of a talent. The weakest LB on the roster can play SLB, and DJ is NOT the worst LB on the roster. I know you dont' think he's good Mindfield, but once again that is where you would be wrong.

The best place for DJ is either middle or weak so that we can USE DJ's natural given althetic skills to GET TO THE BALL. Strong-side would completely take that away. Put DJ back in the middle because Woodyard can't, and let our two best LBs attack the LOS and make the tackles... something Webster can't do. Putting DJ in SAM is a complete waste.

Comment

Working...
                              X