DJ Back to Mike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    To my knowledge, Williams hasn't really complained about the moves, saying only that he doesn't want to play the Strong Side.

I think you might be overreacting.......
    Someone overreact on this forum? NOOOOO!
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie79!
    All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
    Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
    "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

To my knowledge, Williams hasn't really complained about the moves, saying only that he doesn't want to play the Strong Side.

I think you might be overreacting.......
      Exactly, stnzed. DJ has NEVER pulled a 'diva' and complained. NOT every player in the NFL is like a Terrell Owens or Clinton Portis and GRIPES.

DJ just got a big contract extension with the Broncos. He won't be, and can't be, traded. He knows this. DJ is a good team player, and does whats best for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        The reason we dont' move DJ back to the strong-side is because its a WASTE of a talent. The weakest LB on the roster can play SLB, and DJ is NOT the worst LB on the roster. I know you dont' think he's good Mindfield, but once again that is where you would be wrong.

The best place for DJ is either middle or weak so that we can USE DJ's natural given althetic skills to GET TO THE BALL. Strong-side would completely take that away. Put DJ back in the middle because Woodyard can't, and let our two best LBs attack the LOS and make the tackles... something Webster can't do. Putting DJ in SAM is a complete waste.
        This post really illustrates concisely how little you know about the NFL or football in general.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
          IF the move is being made, it is to accomodate Wesley Woodyard, who Shanahan himself was 'going to be a starter' in the NFL for a long time, and while he is undersized, he has played very well.

God forbid we move DJ back to the strongside, where he can use his physical talents to his advantage, and all the while a player that has been very good for us, Jamie Winborn, goes back to the bench.

Really, this move, if it becomes reality, could be a mistake...

But at least this will answer the 'DJ in the middle' question once and for all, because he sure as hell is no Al Wilson in there.
          Sure Woodyard has played well so far but he is 212lbs! How long before teams gameplan to take advantage of his obvious weaknesses? I can't be the only one asking that question.

What I would love about this is that it would show that Shanahan still builds his teams tiny and weak, he NEVER learns from this mistake. How can a Mastermind be so predictable? It's hilarious.

Btw, Jaime Winborn is a broken ankle waiting to happen and Mike Shanahan also thought Ian Gold was an NFL starter.......

Comment

This post really illustrates concisely how little you know about the NFL or football in general.

Mindfield, you have NEVER shown to know what you are talking about.. so please... if you are going to try and throw worthless stones, you better come up with something better than this crap.

You continue to show that you dont' know what you are talking about regarding personnel, but wish to pretend you are some kind of 'talent' evaluator. Its absurd.

Polumbus is just a recent example of your brilliant evaluation.

Comment

Sure Woodyard has played well so far but he is 212lbs! How long before teams gameplan to take advantage of his obvious weaknesses? I can't be the only one asking that question.

What I would love about this is that it would show that Shanahan still builds his teams tiny and weak, he NEVER learns from this mistake. How can a Mastermind be so predictable? It's hilarious.

Btw, Jaime Winborn is a broken ankle waiting to happen and Mike Shanahan also thought Ian Gold was an NFL starter.......
              But you can't go by stats, stnzed. No one would have thought that a 5'5" RB could succeed in the NFL as a starter... yet Maurice Jones-Drew proves them wrong each and every week (not to mention several other 5'6" RBs in the league). You have to go by whats been happening on the field, rather than by simple stats on a piece of paper. What I don't understand is how you can say Woodyard has been some kind of "mistake" at all.

Comment

This entire post is a wrong failure.

Moving DJ back to weak wasn't because he was a "failure".. thats absurd and copmletely WRONG...... period. <---(this is a period)

He was moved back to his natural position because we were spending the draft on the offense, and DJ on the weak was putting him in the best spot with the personnel we had. Do you not see and believe that DJ was better in the middle than Webster????

You were the one that said Harris at RT was a complete "failure" and some "Tyler Polumbus" was the best man for the job and would be starting. So you'll excuse me if I don't take your opinion on "failures" very seriously.

The best "option" at the beginning of the year (knowing what we know now) would have been to kept DJ in the middle. Had we known that the entire starting LB'ing corp would go down with injury, we may have started diffrent people. Had we known that that Woodyard would be so good as a rookie, we would have kept DJ in the middle. Had we known that Boss couldn't play for 5 minutes without getting hurt, we may have picked up a WLB in FA instead and kept DJ in the middle. DJ was the best move to make considering the personnel on the team, and THAT is the exact reason we are moving him BACK to MLB, because its best based on personnel.
                This post is complete BS.

If you want to disagree, fine, but don't make stuff up, and what you posted here goes against what the Broncos themselves said after last season.

DJ Williams was moved back to weakside because he did a poor job in the middle for the MAJORITY of last season....after the Broncos released Ian Gold, they had a need for starters at TWO positons, and DJ Williams was an answer for ONE of them, the weakside. WHEN he was moved back, all that did was create a need for a repalcement in the middle....that 'replacement' was supposed to be Niko Koutivides. Nate Webster was still on the roster to compete with him, but it was supposed to be Niko's job, which is why he got the contract that he got.

So now, with this move, if the reports are correct, you have returned to 2/3 of what made the Broncos run defense so bad last season...DJ in the middle and Nate Webster on the strongside, which is a joke, because Jamie Winborn has been a far superior player than Webster has.

...and go ahead and continue to use that Harris blast against me; it's the only one you've got, which is why you can only hang on that one take....so congrats.

I have over 2000 posts, and that's all you can come up with??

In any case, you still have no idea what Tyler Polumbus would do given a chance to play.

As far as taking anyone seriously, I never took you serioulsy to begin with. Your middle name is 'Homer' and you are incapable of anything remotely critical of Shanahan or the Broncos, when it is apparent there is still plenty that needs to improve, not the least of which is run defense.

But again, I am glad this is going to come to the surface, so all of this 'DJ Williams is better at the MIKE' can be settled once and for all.

Comment

Mindfield, you have NEVER shown to know what you are talking about.. so please... if you are going to try and throw worthless stones, you better come up with something better than this crap.

You continue to show that you dont' know what you are talking about regarding personnel, but wish to pretend you are some kind of 'talent' evaluator. Its absurd.

Polumbus is just a recent example of your brilliant evaluation.
                  Again, your statement spoke VERY clearly for itself.

In one post, you illustrated competely that you have no idea, in a technical sense, if a football is pumped up or stuffed.

I couldn't care less what you think.

My record, as archived on this website, over the last several years has been as good as anyones around here.

Have there been misses?

Sure, but then I would be no worse than Mike Shanahan himself.

I mean, I DID know Ed Reed was a better player than Ashley Lelie.

So as long as you are going to hold me to that same standard, my 'track record' holds up quite nicely, thanks.

Comment

This post is complete BS.

If you want to disagree, fine, but don't make stuff up, and what you posted here goes against what the Broncos themselves said after last season.

DJ Williams was moved back to weakside because he did a poor job in the middle for the MAJORITY of last season....after the Broncos released Ian Gold, they had a need for starters at TWO positons, and DJ Williams was an answer for ONE of them, the weakside. WHEN he was moved back, all that did was create a need for a repalcement in the middle....that 'replacement' was supposed to be Niko Koutivides. Nate Webster was still on the roster to compete with him, but it was supposed to be Niko's job, which is why he got the contract that he got.

So now, with this move, if the reports are correct, you have returned to 2/3 of what made the Broncos run defense so bad last season...DJ in the middle and Nate Webster on the strongside, which is a joke, because Jamie Winborn has been a far superior player than Webster has.

...and go ahead and continue to use that Harris blast against me; it's the only one you've got, which is why you can only hang on that one take....so congrats.

I have over 2000 posts, and that's all you can come up with??

In any case, you still have no idea what Tyler Polumbus would do given a chance to play.

As far as taking anyone seriously, I never took you serioulsy to begin with. Your middle name is 'Homer' and you are incapable of anything remotely critical of Shanahan or the Broncos, when it is apparent there is still plenty that needs to improve, not the least of which is run defense.

But again, I am glad this is going to come to the surface, so all of this 'DJ Williams is better at the MIKE' can be settled once and for all.
                    You are cute when you get your hair all ruffled up. Polumbus "prediction" was just a recent one that I remembered off the top of my head. Trust me, Mindfield... no one takes you seriously.

You think that being critical makes you 'realistic.' You are trying to suggest that its better to put DJ back at strong-side instead of middle or weak, thats HORSECRAP.... and thus why its not going to happen. Probably why you continue to show that YOU dont' know what you are talking about.

I never .. NEVER... said DJ was another Al Wilson. I said that because of the personnel on the team RIGHT NOW.. it absolutely makes sense to put DJ on the middle OVER Nate Webster.... thus keeping Woodyard on the weakside.

If you think Winborn is somehow better than Webster on strong... well again.... I think you ahe shown that your evaluation of talent isn't exactly known to be on the ball. But neither one excites me one bit. So on the strong-side it doesn't really make a difference to me if its Webster or Winborn....

Personally... I wanted to keep DJ at WILL where he was playing at a pro-bowl level. But that wouldn't exactly benefit the team nor would it take advantage of the players we DO have on the roster. DJ is better than Webster.

Look at my posts throughout the season. The FIRST position I've said we needed to draft was a MLB. Thats never wavered. But DJ on the strong-side is a complete and TOTAL waste of the best talent you have on the team..... PERIOD.

Comment

I agree.

I thought Ian Gold was a liability, and he was, and soon enough, so will Wesley Woodyard...

But then this IS Mike Shanahan after all, who has shown NOTHING but that he has NO IDEA what he is doing on defense with his indecision about D-Coordinators, trading for Gerard Warren, signing him to a long-term deal, and then trading him to the Raiders a year later, as well as where his defenses typically rate.

Comment

But you can't go by stats, stnzed. No one would have thought that a 5'5" RB could succeed in the NFL as a starter... yet Maurice Jones-Drew proves them wrong each and every week (not to mention several other 5'6" RBs in the league). You have to go by whats been happening on the field, rather than by simple stats on a piece of paper. What I don't understand is how you can say Woodyard has been some kind of "mistake" at all.
                        That's a valid point, but you're talking about a position that relies heavily on five 300+lbers keeping him as clean as possible, sooner or later teams can and will go right at Woodyard.

32 teams refused to draft Woodyard because of nothing else but his size limitations, including the Broncos, there is definitely something to that.

I see what Woodard is doing on the field, I just don't get carried away with it because I've seen Gold make the same impact off the bench before becoming a very overrated NFL starter.

Nothing at all against Wesley Woodyard, but this is a valid concern, whether Broncos fans want to admit it or not.

And what I mean by mistake is that Shanahan insists on building teams in this Mini-Me Image and it continues to ultimately fail, and with 250lb DE's to go along with that 212lb LB, it's not hard to envision this failing too.......

Comment

DJ is a team player.

I don't even think he'd ***** about being moved back to SLB... Although, I HIGHLY doubt that will ever happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by broooks77 View Post
                            But... DJ said he hates playing Middle Linebacker and didn't we promise him that we wouldn't move him anymore? All I'm saying is, a player can only take so much of all of this, so do you think he will ask for a trade if we keep moving him?.
                            I don't get where this keeps coming from.

Why does everyone keep saying DJ hated playing middle? I would or sworn I remember him being just fine with it and never complaining.

Does anyone have any links to this.

Comment

I agree.

I thought Ian Gold was a liability, and he was, and soon enough, so will Wesley Woodyard...

But then this IS Mike Shanahan after all, who has shown NOTHING but that he has NO IDEA what he is doing on defense with his indecision about D-Coordinators, trading for Gerard Warren, signing him to a long-term deal, and then trading him to the Raiders a year later, as well as where his defenses typically rate.
                              but see thats where the toughness comes in ....woodyard is afraid of nothing he plays alot bigger than he is ....like ravage said who would of thought MJD would be this good .....gold was straight up soft

Comment

Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                                I don't get where this keeps coming from.

Why does everyone keep saying DJ hated playing middle? I would or sworn I remember him being just fine with it and never complaining.

Does anyone have any links to this.
                                I don't have links.... but I know your right.

DJ didn't complain once about playing MLB.

Comment

Working...
                                X