• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanahan >>>> Mindfield

When it comes to both the Denver Broncos and everthing about football

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
      Derrick Brooks is listed at 6'0"-235...which is a great deal bigger than 6'1'-212.

The other thing is that the Indy defense is built for speed for play in their dome, on the carpet, on their fast track. They ALWAYS struggle against the run, and look at what happened to the Bucs last Monday night against the Panthers.

That was embarassing.

Personally, I would not want the Broncos defense to play like either team.
      Woodyard was listed at 230 at the beginning of the season, and there is a difference between being listed at a weight and actually being a weight. Guess what Sam Adams was listed at last year? 335. Did that man look 335 to you? Shaun Rogers has been listed at 340. Jamarcus Russell has been listed at 260. I doubt many players actually show up on sundays weighing what they are listed at.

The Bucs performance against the Panthers was a fluke. How often do you see people run all over the Bucs in the last 5 years? Its not like they were expected to give up 299 yards rushing. In fact they were expected to shut down the Panthers running attack.

The colts defense has indeed been poor against the run, but they did get their act together on that super bowl run, so it is entirely possible for a small defense to stop the run.
      Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
      Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
        Okay..okay....but how about

Niko at SS
        Woodyard in the Middle
        Webster at Will.

Huh? Huh?
        Yea the kid can hit, but Niko can't even cover a tight-end. Can you imagine him trying to cover Steve Smith, etc? They'd eat him alive.

Woodyard IS too small to play Mike.

And I still have faith the Webster can hold down the middle. I know in passing situations he looks lost out there, but he can still bring that wood. And we need some emotion out there, which he brings every play.

Comment

Originally posted by Letdamansmoke View Post
          Yea the kid can hit, but Niko can't even cover a tight-end. Can you imagine him trying to cover Steve Smith, etc? They'd eat him alive.

Woodyard IS too small to play Mike.

And I still have faith the Webster can hold down the middle. I know in passing situations he looks lost out there, but he can still bring that wood. And we need some emotion out there, which he brings every play.
          i think he was kidding and if not he definately lost his marbles with those suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
            i think he was kidding and if not he definately lost his marbles with those suggestions
            I know...I just really started to think about Niko playing safety.

Comment

Ravage, I know you never saw a Broncos move you did not like, but DJ in the middle last year WAS absolutely a failure, period....which is why the Broncos moved him back to the weakside to begin with.
              I disagree, Williams finished second in the NFL in tackles with 141 with 106 solo, this placed Williams number 1 in the NFL among all Middle Linebackers, i think you are making the same mistake the probowl voters made last year and looking at the horrible defense as a whole instead of giving Williams credit for an outstanding year , if Woodyard had not been stepping up and proving he could play weakside then id say keep DJ where he is, but after looking at Webster and his 1 assisted tackle against KC and watching him grab at air as Larry Johnson put that cutback move on him, im open for either starting Larsen at middle or moving DJ there....right now the MLB position seems to be the weak link in the LB corp.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Behold the answer to all questions...

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi
                "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

nope...not untill 5 years is up...and I hope he stays then

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Letdamansmoke View Post
                    I know...I just really started to think about Niko playing safety.
                    I mistyped. Clearly I want Niko at Sam not safety.

Definitely bring back Lowry and start him and Manuel at safety.

Championship!
                    Last edited by Gr3yStreet; 12-12-2008, 08:14 PM.
                    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by karnage View Post
                      Behold the answer to all questions...

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi
                      I asked if the magic 8 ball if it was a dumbass; it said definately!!!
                      Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Derrick Brooks is listed at 6'0"-235...which is a great deal bigger than 6'1'-212.

The other thing is that the Indy defense is built for speed for play in their dome, on the carpet, on their fast track. They ALWAYS struggle against the run, and look at what happened to the Bucs last Monday night against the Panthers.

That was embarassing.

Personally, I would not want the Broncos defense to play like either team.
                        He's listed as 235...

Woodyard is also listed as 230

Comment

I heard that DJ said he loved playing Mike...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            I heard that DJ said he loved playing Mike...
                            Ya, I talked to him last week & said he doesnt mind.

I kinda hope we do switch him to keep Woodyard on the field. :salute!:

Comment

Working...
                            X