• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neutessa
    replied
    Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...FL&majteam=DEN

"Denver could also move Webster to the strong side, replacing Jamie Winborn."
    I'm thinking someone at Rotoworld must be making this assumption. They claim the source is the Rocky. You visit the link and there is certainly a mention of the possibility of Williams going to MIKE but nothing about Webster and Winborn.

Unless they have a second source, I'm not sure why they would make such a statement. The only thing I can come up with is that they assume (likely not knowing much about the Broncos) that Webster must be one of the top 3 LBs given he has been a starter since day 1 (vs. Winborn beeing a replacement at SAM)...

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied

Assuming D.J. does in fact go back to the MIKE so we can keep Woodyard on the field... how does the revelation that Webster could bump Winborn off the field for the SLB job make you feel?

I think it would be an absolutly pathetic decision to keep Webster on the field over Winborn.

Winborn is definitely an above average LB... though not a pro-bowl one. However, he's played SLB better this year than Webster ever has for us, and I'd even go so far as to say he'd probably play the MIKE better than Webster too. Winborn is just a superior LB to Webster.

This disturbs me to know that Webster could be back at SLB. With Woodyard's emergence Webster has no reason to be on the field anymore except on special teams and in case we get an injury.

What are your thoughts?
    No way they should take Winborn off the field for Webster, Winborn has been playing alot better then Webster.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Winborn is better than Webster. Wanna really solve the problem? Free agency or draft.
    We still have Bailey... who when healthy is actually a really good SLB (does a good job of covering the TE's and making tackles). His 6'3 height also helps a lot vs the abundance of tall TE's.

But his injuries probably mean we do need to address SLB in FA/Draft.

For the moment though, I'm happy with Winborn's performance. Getting deflections is what a SLB should be doing... Webster was horrid at TE coverage at the SLB position.

I kind of want to see how Woodyard could do at SLB due to the fact he was viewed as a Safety. He's got some decent coverage skills and good speed.

A Woodyard - Larsen/FA/Vilma?/Draft - Williams (SLB/MLB/WLB) could be productive.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Winborn is better than Webster. Wanna really solve the problem? Free agency or draft (or Larsen at SLB maybe).

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    I'm watching Jaime Winborn (#51 in Blue who runs a swift 4.8 40) getting his ankles broke by the Ever-Elusive Larry Freakin Johnson. He's an ideal backup/STer, "Good LB" is a stretch.

What are you watching?.......
    I think my post eliminated any reational reason to chose Webster over Winborn.

Dogging on Winborn and ignoring the faults of Webster is the attitude of a bias preference regardless of the facts at hand.

Personally, I see Winborn on the sideline next year as depth... and Webster either still on the sideline or off the team. But for right now, Winborn is without a doubt, the superior SLB. There is no contest.

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    I'm watching Jaime Winborn (#51 in Blue who runs a swift 4.8 40) getting his ankles broke by the Ever-Elusive Larry Freakin Johnson. He's an ideal backup/STer, "Good LB" is a stretch.

idn lol but against atlanta winborn was everywhere making run stuffs for losses ...sure he gets his ankles broken from time to time but he usually makes the rb redirect which allows everybody else to make the tackle

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    i dont know what your watching but winborn is a good lb and if nothing else he has speed over webster which is what we are known by fast linebackers until webster came along

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    at strong-side LB?? I think Webster is better than Winborn at SLB. Just because he does his dancing all over the place doesn't mean he's actually making a "BIG" play. It just sticks in your head more because of his dancing.
    how do you figure ...webster is hot garbage lol

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    Webster is the lesser of two evils, neither one of them are any good, but I can do without Winborn's weekly Ian Gold impressions.......
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    at strong-side LB?? I think Webster is better than Winborn at SLB. Just because he does his dancing all over the place doesn't mean he's actually making a "BIG" play. It just sticks in your head more because of his dancing.

I don't know man. As much as I hate Winborn's dances, I'd have to say his performance is vastly superior to Webster's.

As much as some of you hate dancing. It has nothing to do with the game itself. It happens after a play, and I could care less if someone dances if they perform well. Winborn is not a pro-bowl LB and he does celebrate a 1st down stop, but that doesn't make him worse than Webster by any means.

Do you all remember Webster's play at SLB last year... if you don't it's because your brain blocked it out due to how bad it was.

Winborn has clearly been an upgrade over Webster in terms of SLB in every way.

This is Webster's 2007 Season at the SLB.

He had 87 tackles in 16 games started for a total of 5.4 a game at the SLB position.

http://www.nfl.com/players/natewebst...67&season=2007

Winborn started week 7 onward so I am doing the math based on that.

This is Winborn's 2008 Season at the SLB.

He's had 62 tackles in 7 games started (the last 7 games) for a total of 8.9 a game at the SLB position.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jamiewinb...s?id=WIN030581

This means Winborn has averaged 65% more tackles per game than Webster.

This was the season where our DT's were even worse than now too... and people complained our LB's got so many tackles because our line failed too. How many "big plays" did Webster make last year at SLB? I really can't remember a single one. I know last year at SLB Webster had 0 sacks, 0 int's, 1 FF, and 1 Pass Deflection.

Did you know that Winborn has had 8 pass deflections this year in 7 games starting... EIGHT!

Webster is without a doubt a burden on our defense at the SLB position. He was brought here for depth, and somehow became a starter due to our lack of it. The man couldn't even make the Bengals with their "amazing LB core." He needs to ride the bench as depth and as a special teams player from here on out.

Sorry but the stats show that Winborn dominates Webster as a SLB.

Aside from his dominant tackle stats, I'd have to say his 8 pass deflections in 7 games to Webster's 1 in 16 is clearly showing who's better at TE coverage... and no doubt been a huge help.

So again, sorry if Winborns stupid dances get some of you mad. But if you'd chose Webster over Winborn because of that, you're foolish.
    Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 12-12-2008, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    Webster is the lesser of two evils, neither one of them are any good, but I can do without Winborn's weekly Ian Gold impressions.......
    i dont know what your watching but winborn is a good lb and if nothing else he has speed over webster which is what we are known by fast linebackers until webster came along

Leave a comment:

• halfback
    replied
    winborn has earned the right to start the rest of the year, if that is taken from him by a guy like webster who has no buisness being out there it is sad

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    yeah i first saw the post of switching DJ to MLB so woodyard can stay on the field and thought greaaat now i see this and its like taking one step forward and 2 steps back

Leave a comment:

• MileHighMagic15
    replied

Assuming D.J. does in fact go back to the MIKE so we can keep Woodyard on the field... how does the revelation that Webster could bump Winborn off the field for the SLB job make you feel?

I think it would be an absolutly pathetic decision to keep Webster on the field over Winborn.

Winborn defiantly is an above average LB... though not a pro-bowl one. However, he's played SLB better this year than Webster ever has for us, and I'd even go so far as to say he'd probably play the MIKE better than Webster too. Winborn is just a superior LB to Webster.

This disturbs me to know that Webster could be back at SLB. With Woodyard's emergence Webster has no reason to be on the field anymore except on special teams and in case we get an injury.

What are your thoughts?
    Awful. Winborn has been playing great, regardless of how many dances he does. Winborn stays, webster should go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X