X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
    Thats cool....I have to agree Cutler and the Beast are simply amazing....

I only hope that Shanahan gets his 3rd ring and recognition he deserves because the Broncos will win the Super Bowl bowl because of this draft..

2006 - Denver Broncos
    Rd Sel # Player Position School
    1 11 Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
    2 61 Tony Scheffler TE Western Michigan
    4 119 Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
    4 126 Elvis Dumervil DE Louisville
    4 130 Domenik Hixon WR Akron
    5 161 Chris Kuper G North Dakota
    6 198 Greg Eslinger C Minnesota
    what cutler has done hasnt been much to me because i expected him to be great from when we drafted him..even before knowing what school he came from right after he was drafted i knew he would be the next big thing .but looking at the stats it really puts things into perspective .

of all the teams in the bottom 20 on defense all of them are 1 or more games under 500 and dont have a chance of even thinking about the playoffs ...atlanta is the only team but they have the second best rushing attack in the league...and the saints who are 7 and 7 and are pretty much dead ....the other team is us not to mention the fact that we are 15th in rushing which is not the standard of the usual year in and year out rushing stats for the broncos its probably the worst in the past decade and we rank a staggering 28th in total defense and we are in great position of taking the division........so cutler your nothing short of spectacular
    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 12-12-2008, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    cutler is simply amazing
    Thats cool....I have to agree Cutler and the Beast are simply amazing.... I only hope that Shanahan gets his 3rd ring and the recognition he deserves because the Broncos will win the Super Bowl because of this draft..

2006 - Denver Broncos
    Rd Sel # Player Position School
    1 11 Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
    2 61 Tony Scheffler TE Western Michigan
    4 119 Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
    4 126 Elvis Dumervil DE Louisville
    4 130 Domenik Hixon WR Akron
    5 161 Chris Kuper G North Dakota
    6 198 Greg Eslinger C Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Big oops on his 140 yard comment before the season huh.....

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Bronco
    replied
    he will get it I have faith...he is god...said from day one...when alot of cats told me javon was...LOL...now

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    This is true...I would say fans of other teams would guess Elway as well...

Elway was not just great he was the greatest ....

The Plummer Wars died years ago...My post was not intended for that at all...What all 3 done statistically was amazing...This is only to point out as Denver fights to get into the playoffs Jay Cutler is on the threshold of doing something very special as a Broncos QB....

until 04 i thought elway had passed the 30 td mark plenty of times in his career....what jay is doing right now is better than what jake plummer did while in denver ....we shouldnt be 8 and 5 with that defense ....in contrast we are seeing what philip rivers does with a bad defense which is lead them to a 5 and 8 record..cutler is simply amazing

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    pretty sad when jake plummer has the record for anything in franchise history...not for long though....maybe both the tds and the yards
    How exactly is that sad? Jake Plummer was a good quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    well with all the talk about how great john elway was you would think he would have that record definately not jake plummer....i was shocked when i heard that back in 04
    This is true...I would say fans of other teams would guess Elway as well...

Elway was not just great he was the greatest ....

nooooo that was 05 his record setting year was in 04 when he had 27 tds and 20 ints when he was just flinging it around even though we had a great running game and throwing lots of ints while at it

Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
    Talk all the crap in the world you want to about Jake, he still owns the BEST WINNING% as a starting QB in Denver I believe.
    The Plummer Wars died years ago guys...My post was not intended for that at all...

What all 3 done statistically was amazing...This is only to point out as Denver fights to get into the playoffs Jay Cutler is on the threshold of doing something very special as a Broncos QB....
    Last edited by LarryDean; 12-12-2008, 08:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
    I have to give credit where credit is due....

Jake had an AWESOME year that year, UNTIL....

He and his beard didn't show up and got waxed by Pitt in the AFC Championship game.

OK....Enough credit given, that loss made his awesome season even more forgettable!
    nooooo that was 05 his record setting year was in 04 when he had 27 tds and 20 ints when he was just flinging it around even though we had a great running game and throwing lots of ints while at it

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco Axe View Post
    Talk all the crap in the world you want to about Jake, he still owns the BEST WINNING% as a starting QB in Denver I believe.
    and a defense that year in and year out gave up an average of like 17 points a game...even with those numbers jake still found a way to single handedly lose games

Leave a comment:

• 24SuperChamp
    replied
    I have to give credit where credit is due....

Jake had an AWESOME year that year, UNTIL....

He and his beard didn't show up and got waxed by Pitt in the AFC Championship game.

OK....Enough credit given, that loss made his awesome season even more forgettable!

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Axe
    replied
    pretty sad when jake plummer has the record for anything in franchise history...not for long though....maybe both the tds and the yards

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    I really wouldnt say it is sad....I was not a big surrporter of Plummer's per say but I cant take anything away from what he did and that was not my intended purpose either....

This is only intended to give Jay Cutler some recognition and to any that would doubt him because of some of the mistakes he has made....All the while he is providing us with some the Best QB play we have ever seen as fans of the Broncos no matter what generation of a fan you are and how the final part of the season plays out...What he is doing has been outstanding...

No matter what the final numbers ends up to be the the best year of a Broncos QB was ...

3635 27 5.4 11
    well with all the talk about how great john elway was you would think he would have that record definately not jake plummer....i was shocked when i heard that back in 04

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    I really wouldnt say it is sad....I was not a big surrporter of Plummer's per say but I cant take anything away from what he did and that was not my intended purpose either....

This is only intended to give Jay Cutler some recognition and to any that would doubt him because of some of the mistakes he has made....All the while he is providing us with some the Best QB play we have ever seen as fans of the Broncos no matter what generation of a fan you are and how the final part of the season plays out...What he is doing has been outstanding...

No matter what the final numbers ends up to be the the best year of a Broncos QB was ...

3635 27 5.4 11

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    I'm afraid of the jinx....But I have got to post about it anyway..

Marshall gets a 100 + catches...He is the Beast no doubt about it...

Even though I want the Broncos to clinch the AFC West this week...

I'm looking very closely at these numbers....

3679 23 14

I will would much rather have win instead of records and stats...

Whats so important and special about that .....

4089 27 5.2 20

4030 25 4.5 10

3970 26 4.8 14

3891 22 3.6 23

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ing-4000-club/

Jay Cutler thought 4,000 passing yards was a realistic possibility in only his third season as an NFL quarterback - just not this fast.

"I thought we'd have a chance going into the last game of getting 4,000," the Broncos quarterback said Wednesday. "But being able to maybe get it in Week 14 is kind of crazy."

With three games left, Cutler already has eight more completions and 22 more attempts than he had last season.

Yet it's his yardage that has really skyrocketed.

With 321 yards Sunday at Carolina, in his team's 14th game, he'll become only the third Broncos quarterback to hit the 4,000-yard threshold. He needs to average only 137 yards in the final three games to become the 38th quarterback in NFL history to hit the milestone.

At the same time, his current pace of 4,528 yards not only would obliterate the team's yardage record of 4,089 set by Jake Plummer in 2004 - John Elway is the only other Broncos quarterback to hit 4,000, with his 4,030-yard showing in 1993 - but makes him one of the fastest in NFL history to hit such yardage levels.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    I'm afraid of the jinx....But I have got to post about it anyway..

Marshall gets a 100 + catches...He is the Beast no doubt about it...

Even though I want the Broncos to clinch the AFC West this week...

I'm looking very closely at these numbers....

3679 23 14

I will would much rather have win instead of records and stats...

Whats so important and special about that .....

4089 27 5.2 20

4030 25 4.5 10

3970 26 4.8 14

3891 22 3.6 23

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...ing-4000-club/

Jay Cutler thought 4,000 passing yards was a realistic possibility in only his third season as an NFL quarterback - just not this fast.

"I thought we'd have a chance going into the last game of getting 4,000," the Broncos quarterback said Wednesday. "But being able to maybe get it in Week 14 is kind of crazy."

With three games left, Cutler already has eight more completions and 22 more attempts than he had last season.

Yet it's his yardage that has really skyrocketed.

With 321 yards Sunday at Carolina, in his team's 14th game, he'll become only the third Broncos quarterback to hit the 4,000-yard threshold. He needs to average only 137 yards in the final three games to become the 38th quarterback in NFL history to hit the milestone.

At the same time, his current pace of 4,528 yards not only would obliterate the team's yardage record of 4,089 set by Jake Plummer in 2004 - John Elway is the only other Broncos quarterback to hit 4,000, with his 4,030-yard showing in 1993 - but makes him one of the fastest in NFL history to hit such yardage levels.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X