Broncos The Only Playoff Team With A Negative Point Differential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos The Only Playoff Team With A Negative Point Differential

Amazing Stat to chew on. The Denver Broncos are the only team in the NFL in the current playoff race, to have a negative point differential. They are -20. Broncos have scored 316 pts, but have allowed 336. Simply amazing that they are 8-5. The only other team to have a winning record despite having a negative point differential are the washington redskins. They are 7-6, but slipping very fast. Kudos to Shanahan!
    sigpic

That just shows that when the Broncos have an off day, they REALLY have an off day. If the game is close, they have been pulling them out.

When the Broncos decide to lose, they do it with style!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Hell we are the only ones with a winning record to have a negative point difference (short of the redskins).

sigpic

Comment

the Patriots game alone is what has caused that. If the Broncos had scored their average of 24 points, it would have been a lot closer.
        Obviously they didn't but one blow out can create a deceiving argument.
        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

There is a both a negative and positive way of looking at this. Alot of people look at it as bad and that we are overrated. Someone else pointed out all it means is we win close games and get blown out on bad days. Some media like to say this makes us overrated. But here's my point. Don't they always say the good teams win the close ones. People always want to give the chargers exceptions saying they aren't as bad as their record because they lost over half their games by 1 td or less. Well doesn't that officially make us a good team because unlike them we find ways to win those close games? I think it's a positive and don't care about the negative point differential
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie View Post
            the Patriots game alone is what has caused that. If the Broncos had scored their average of 24 points, it would have been a lot closer.
            Obviously they didn't but one blow out can create a deceiving argument.
            ya because the KC OAK and MIA game had nothing to do with it either
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
              I think all our losses had something to do with it.
              Because when you lose you usually give up more points then you score.

But when our wins are by like 1,2,3,4 points and stuff.

And your losses are by 10,20, and 30.... etc...... Then obviously your point differential will be that way.

But I'd rather be 8-5 with a negative point differential then 5-8 like another team I know and a positive point differential.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                MIA wasnt a blowout. Just the NE, KC, & OAK games.

Didn't help in the beggining we would put up 30 & our D would give up 30.

It kept the point differential close.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                  MIA wasnt a blowout. Just the NE, KC, & OAK games.

Didn't help in the beggining we would put up 30 & our D would give up 30.

It kept the point differential close.
                  basically it just means our D sucks

but i agree with JC4MVP it really doesnt matter but imagine if we had a good D
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

We aren't in the playoffs yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
                      We aren't in the playoffs yet.
                      Read the OP

"The Denver Broncos are the only team in the NFL in the current playoff race"

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Yeah, stats like this don't mean much. You win the game, or you lose the game. I don't care what the differential is. A couple years back when Plummer was still at the helm, we had a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense in terms of yardage, but we couldn't convert that into wins and we ended up missing the playoffs. Does that mean we had one of the top teams in the league? Only if you care about silly stats that don't matter and discount the one that does matter, W's.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          Read the OP

"The Denver Broncos are the only team in the NFL in the current playoff race"
                          There needs to be a limit on the coffee drinking avatar, I really think over half your posts include it.

Comment

Originally posted by dman444 View Post
                            There needs to be a limit on the coffee drinking avatar, I really think over half your posts include it.
                            I think there is a limit to the amount of smileys you can you use in one post.

Yep its five

Comment

Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
                              Hell we are the only ones with a winning record to have a negative point difference (short of the redskins).
                              :doh: That's in the OP
                              sigpic
                              Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                              Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                              My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

Working...
                              X