Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The oft-heard criticism that we won the weak division by default

Just a little mythbuster here...

-We would be winning 4 out of the 8 divisions in the NFL with the record we have.
    -The Chargers won the same weak division the year ago with nearly identical afcw rival records at this time of the season
    -Only 3 of our wins have come from the division. We are actually winning our division despite having only a 3-2 division record.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

great point..CP to ya

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Good research, way to bring it. +cp bubba!
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post

-We would be winning 4 out of the 8 divisions in the NFL with the record we have.
        -The Chargers won the same weak division the year ago with nearly identical afcw rival records at this time of the season
        -Only 3 of our wins have come from the division. We are actually winning our division despite having only a 3-2 division record.
        Let people say that & watch us get hot in the playoffs.

& Will have the last laugh.

Comment

The whole crappy divison criticism is a lame arguement that becomes next to irrelevant during the playoffs. Yeah the AFC west is down and we have benefited from it, but at the same time we still have to go out and perform at a high level in order to win the division. Same thing for the Chargers last year. I hear the same thing in college football every year when it comes to the annual conference pissing contest. There is no hiding that some conferences/divisions are better than others, but a team's performance is based on how they play, not on the strength of the conference/division. People forget with realignment the number of games agianst divsion opponents has been reduced from 8 to 6. That is not even half our contests! This is the NFL, everyone is too good for a team to inflat their record off of a poor division. Hell, had we been more consistent against our divison opponents we would be challenging for a first-round bye. Anyways our focus the entire season has been winning the AFC West so lets go out and finish the job tommorrow!
          Bronco fan from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

Comment

the seachickens had that same thing but for YEARS, everyone knew that division sucked, but no one said that the seahawks were a bad team because of it, or they dont deserve to be in the playoffs, so i dont understand why people think that about denver

ps (off topic) i hate rod woodson
            Last edited by cutler4thewin; 12-13-2008, 03:29 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Originally posted by cutler4thewin View Post
              the seachickens had that same thing but for YEARS, everyone knew that division sucked, but no one said that the seahawks were a bad team because of it, or they dont deserve to be in the playoffs, so i dont understand why people think that about denver

ps (off topic) i hate rod woodson
              CP for you for just saying that, is this *********************** bias or what.
              Last edited by Zoneblock249; 12-13-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Zoneblock249

dude edit that bad word out...i dont want u to get busted :salute!:
                Last edited by getlynched47; 12-13-2008, 03:44 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean
                  So you dramatize it by quoting him .... Good one....
                  if I sent him a PM, i know that he wouldnt read it...i'm just tryin to help the dude out :salute!:

sigpic

Comment

All good points BUT the team has not clinched yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      True....It seemed the boards had that feeling about it all day today...I dont know maybe it's just me....I hope they do us proud tomorrow...I wonder what it will be like on here if they dont..One way or another I guess we will see...
                      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                        Point taken. I guess we can't forget 2006.
                        XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Point taken. I guess we can't forget 2006.
                          06 If im not mistaken, a big offense decline & QB change.

That didnt help much.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                            06 If im not mistaken, a big offense decline & QB change.

That didnt help much.
                            Yeah, even with that we choked away the playoffs though.

Comment

Yeah, even with that we choked away the playoffs though.
                              With Cutler starting, did you think we were going to glide into the playoffs?

Even though we were 1 win/tie away from the playoffs, it didnt happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X