Next years RB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next years RB?

While I love Hillis I think we'd be better of with him as the FB getting some carries mixed in.
    I was a big Torian fan at ASU but can he do it long term?
    Hopefully Pittman can come back strong as an excellent backup.
    Do they draft a RB? I would love to see Torian be the back of the future and if not him Hillis but anybody else think we should add another?

we should keep Hillis, Torain, Pittman and possibly P.J. Pope or Brandon Boyd. I just don't think Selvin Young or Andre Hall are NFL quality backs. Hillis obviously has alot of potential, Torain looked pretty good for his first half ever and Pittman has the veteran poise we need.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangejynx View Post
      While I love Hillis I think we'd be better of with him as the FB getting some carries mixed in.
      I was a big Torian fan at ASU but can he do it long term?
      Hopefully Pittman can come back strong as an excellent backup.
      Do they draft a RB? I would love to see Torian be the back of the future and if not him Hillis but anybody else think we should add another?
      I go back and fourth.....I do think that Hillis is our best back right now. I want to believe in Torian but he seems really injury prone. I am about finished hoping that Selvin is going to amount to anything, and Bell was always just a loaner (I don't think there is any way he makes it out of training camp next season). Pittman has that neck injury and is getting pretty old, so his future is unknown. Everyone else is pretty much completely unknown.

So right now, I say maybe. But it won't be anything higher than maybe a 4th. But the problem is that we have so many holes to fill on defense, I honestly don't know if we can AFFORD to use a pick on a RB.....

Comment

It better be Hillis, he was by far the most effective runner we had this year. He is the perfect back for us, in the mold of a Bettis.

We need him punishing people, he has amazing hands, I'll be pretty pissed if he isn't.

Comment

I dunno man Hillis looked pretty impressive... Probably do need more depth at RB though. Bettis was da man

Comment

I think we absolutely need to draft a premier runningback to pair with Hillis and I think we might take one as early as the first if Wells or Moreno fall to us if not the first then I all but guarantee the 2nd

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
            OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
            BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
            John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

Just a question? Did Hillis sign a 1 year contract? Because if he is a free agent next year, we will lose him by trying to pay him FB money because other teams will offer him RB money and a RB job.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found his contract info. It is a 4 year deal.
              http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=Nfl&id=4965

But he deserves a better deal
              Last edited by -Rod-; 12-14-2008, 10:49 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

easily Hillis..what's not to like? he's a bruiser, he's GREAT at receiving, he's a great blocker..there's nobody else I'd rather have ahead of him on this team, and getting somebody else through the draft or free agency would be a waste IMO..

Comment

I kind of like the way were doing things this year with our RB's.

Play 2 or 3 games..... Get hurt.
                  Next guy comes in.
                  Plays a few games.... Gets hurt..

etc...

So I hope we continue that for next year. Its successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Loc505 View Post
                    I think we absolutely need to draft a premier runningback to pair with Hillis and I think we might take one as early as the first if Wells or Moreno fall to us if not the first then I all but guarantee the 2nd
                    I disagree to a point, I think if Hillis is our guy we should get someone to pair with him, but not necessarily a premier running back. We should look to get a pure speed back to pair with Hillis' power.
                    A book I wrote

Comment

Moreno

Comment

yea, we need a little dash (Aldridge?) with our double smash of Torain and Hillis...a 3-headed monster run attack! :salute!:
                        sigpic

Comment

What is so hard about getting TORAIN right?

Anyway, Hillis will be back next year, don't count on TORAIN, he will prolly be PUP again. Young fumbled his way out with Hall. Tatum will probably get a contract extension if Denver doesn't draft a speed burner. Finally, dont count on Aldridge, he was UDFA afterall and IR all year.

I would be ecstatic if Denver nabbed James Davis to pair with Hillis in the backfield. Pound that Defense into submission.

Comment

I've been a VERY LONG time supporter of the broncos not using a high draft pick on a RB and using late picks to get guys like Hillis etc but seriously if there is a chance that we could get a Franchise RB like Portis was or someone like that, this offense wouldn't be inconsistent and would actually be able to put up BIG numbers. I believe the defense is making strides but a FIRST ROUND BIG NAME RB will really help this team.
                            Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
                              I disagree to a point, I think if Hillis is our guy we should get someone to pair with him, but not necessarily a premier running back. We should look to get a pure speed back to pair with Hillis' power.
                              I completely agree and I think Moreno is that guy he may not be PURE speed but he's almost like a Brian Westbrook without the hands he's explosive and slippery they perfect compliment to Hillis.

As for Torain he's played about 1 quarter this season he's clearly injury prone. He needs to prove himself next year cause as of now he has shown absolutely nothing.

KNOWSHON ROCKWELL MORENO
                              OUR NEXT MR. 2000

ROBERT AYERS
                              BRINGIN THA RUCKUS TO DENVER

Originally posted by Chidoze
                              John Elway had a good time screwing the Raiders when he played, now that he's retired, it's the Raiderette's turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X