Injury Bug Strikes Again: Chris Kuper Is The Next Victim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Bug Strikes Again: Chris Kuper Is The Next Victim

Broncos RG Chris Kuper suffered a broken bone in his left hand Sunday and said he wasn't sure of his status for next week's game against Buffalo.

Kuper was replaced by rookie Kory Lichtensteiger, who surrendered a sack on the very next play. Kuper said he suffered the injury when his hand got caught up in a lineman's shoulder pads. He'll undergo an MRI early this week.

This sucks...he hasnt given up a sack the entire year
    And when Lichtensteiger went in for him, he gave up a sack.......

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Good thing lineman are tough.

Depending on the injury he could be back out there playing with a broken hand. Ive seen lineman with both hands taped up to the fullest looking like boxers because of broken hands.

Comment

To be fair, the sack that KLich gave up wasn't entirely his fault as Bell kind of knocked him off his block when he was releasing upfield on his route. I hope Kupes will be alright, he's been very effective this year.
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        Broncos RG Chris Kuper suffered a broken bone in his left hand Sunday and said he wasn't sure of his status for next week's game against Buffalo.

Kuper was replaced by rookie Kory Lichtensteiger, who surrendered a sack on the very next play. Kuper said he suffered the injury when his hand got caught up in a lineman's shoulder pads. He'll undergo an MRI early this week.

This sucks...he hasnt given up a sack the entire year
        And when Lichtensteiger went in for him, he gave up a sack.......
        Tatum Bell was definately a reason for that sack. He got in the way of Lichtensteiger trying to react to the DT.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
          Tatum Bell was definately a reason for that sack. He got in the way of Lichtensteiger trying to react to the DT.
          Lich didnt help on that pass to the runningback on one of the last plays of the game though...........he better fix it

sigpic

Comment

Kuper moved to RG because he broke his hand in training camp or preseason so I fully expect to see him out there playing with it taped up.
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500 View Post
              Kuper moved to RG because he broke his hand in training camp or preseason so I fully expect to see him out there playing with it taped up.
              Kuper didnt move to RG just because of a broken hand

sigpic

Comment

Now we will get to see if Lichtensteiger is the successor of Ben Hamilton or Casey Weigmann....

sigpic

Comment

Clady was injured also

sigpic

Comment

I think Kupe did have a hand injury early in the year, i remember him wearing a club on one of his hands. I think he will play, he seems like a tough and team-first kinda guy.
                    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
                    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                      Good thing lineman are tough.

Depending on the injury he could be back out there playing with a broken hand. Ive seen lineman with both hands taped up to the fullest looking like boxers because of broken hands.
                      you don't get it, as a lineman you NEED your hands. You can't just run and tittie bump people as you will get planted like a seed. You can't "box" rushers neither as this will usually get a flag. Most plays involve the OL holding the DL by grabbing inside his frame, that is usually never called. No hand? no blocking, which equals no time to execute a deep pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                        you don't get it, as a lineman you NEED your hands. You can't just run and tittie bump people as you will get planted like a seed. You can't "box" rushers neither as this will usually get a flag. Most plays involve the OL holding the DL by grabbing inside his frame, that is usually never called. No hand? no blocking, which equals no time to execute a deep pass.
                        They do need their hands, but it doesn't mean he'll be "out" of the game....

Tom Nalen played with a damn torn bicep muscle and finished the game effectively against the Raiders. The broken bone in Kupes hand sucks, but I'm sure he'll tough it out.

Comment

Kupe's dad over at The Orange Mane said he'll be ok and that he had two fractures on the left side of his hand. He further said that he expects Kupe to play next week based on what his son told him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
                            What is there to get?

His hand has a broken bone. Yes, I know they need their hand to hold the interior pads of the defender. I said they look like boxers with their hands taped up, never said he would "box" defenders.

He could pass block with the hand taped up. It will be harder to run block with his hand being taped up.

Comment

First and foremost, I hope Kupe is okay. Second, these guys are tough!!!!

Third, we should not forget how lucky we are to have Kuper. He often gets overlooked by our forum, because we tend to love up the young guns. But the guy is steady as a rock, and will be a dominant lineman for years to come....

Comment

Working...
                              X