Jay Cutler's Attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Cutler's Attitude

I have been a fan of the Broncos now for 17 years since I was 6 years old. I live in Richmond, Virginia, and attended my first Broncos game yesterday at Carolina. I drove down from Richmond to Charlotte Sat. night for 4 hours, and stayed at the Omni downtown. When I woke up Sun. morning and looked out the window at downtown Charlotte, I noticed four white tour buses across the street at the Marriot with a small rope and about 50 Broncos fans standing behind it. I then realized that this must be where the Broncos must be staying and after I gathered my belongings, I headed down there to see if I could see anything. Sure enough, about 15 minutes later, the players started one by one coming out and walking to the buses within 15 feet of us Broncos fans. A few of them I didnt recognize their faces without a jersey or helmet on, however most of them greeted the broncos fans there that got to catch a rare glimpse of our team. B-Marshall waived at the crowd along with Eddie Royal and Stokley along with Shanahan. (He was last one out right after Cutler.) Many other players offered autographs and photo ops. However Champ and Jay Cutler both seemed stuck up and arrogant. I have always had high regards for Jay since the draft, and was probably the first person in Virginia to have his Broncos Jersey. I have kind of shrugged off some of his comments in public taking them as a joke, or sarcasm. However, after seeing him in person, and having his fans there cheering him on and all he did was walk past with no smile or wave to us, and then go in the game and rweally just have no hussle to him. I am tired of him during press conferences acting as if we owe him something to have him in Denver or act as if it was just a bad game and it happens. Where is the urgency and the moral he is supposed to bring to this team. Why after a big stop on third down for our defense and he shows no emotion or leadership to them with a high five or pat on the back. I think the guy has potential however until he can lead this team and be a good sport to the fans, I really am getting dissapointed in him. Has anyone else seen this or had any interactions with him where you may have seen the same thing. I just want a quaterback that wants to lead his team and just try to be the hero himself. Sorry to offend anyone, but I just want to see some magic and positive attitude out of our players, especially ones that are supposed to be the leaders. Just watch his press conference after the game and ytou will see what Im saying. Its on the DenverBroncos website under video/Audio. Its the same thing almost every week.

alright eddie!!!!

jk. there have been plenty of reports about cutler acting that way. some people just think hes shy and others think he really is a jerk. kind of suprising to see champ that way though, i always thought he was pretty classy and stuff. cps for sharing your personal experiences though!
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Hi, the bash on Jay thread of the week has already been started

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=129286

Comment

Hey welcome to the Boards .... OrangeCrush37 :salute!:

I didnt read the thread in depth ....

As I'm sure you're unhappy about something and didnt have the best of weekends...Join the club welcome to the boards...
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I dont blame some of these players for not wanting to talk to the public every time they go out. Try to put your self in their shoes. I dont blame Jay or Champ for not talking it up with every person they meet. It would get old! People you dont know always bugging for an autograph every where.

The "public" is a double edged sword, you talk with them and you get trashed, you dont talk with them you get hated.

Ohhh, by the way, Jay is one of the few starting QBS in the league who actually signs autographs after each home game.

"Dont blame the players, blame society"

Comment

Thats why we draft Timmy Tebow.

Too bad he didn't wave to all of you. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he was just trying to focus on the game, i know a lot of players don't like to talk to anyone before games. I'll give Champ the benefit of the doubt also and assume he was a little upset he wasn't going to be able to play in the game. At least we have guys like BMarsh and Royal to give the fans some love that go to road games.
            sigpic
            Thanks Blondie79!
            All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
            Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
            "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

Let's see...
              Champ hasn't played in seven weeks, so he's probably pissed and he could very well be taking it out on the wrong people.
              As for Jay, I've heard that he's a jerk and a lot of other not nice things. But I've only had a positive experience with him. I'm sorry that you don't like his attitude. Maybe in needs to be adjusted but maybe Jay is just shy. Or maybe he had other things on his mind. For all we know, he could have been getting chewed out for something right before they left the hotel.
              But see, my opinion of Jay wil be positive. It will be like that until he is a complete jerk to me. But knowing how I am, I'd still like him because I'm a weirdo.

Comment

I noticed his very poor on-field attitude really early and noted it here
                sigpic
                Hate Brandon Marshall and his drops? READ THIS!
                Super Bowl XXXII Run Statistics
                My Divisional Breakdown Thread

Our Offensive Line = Mile Wide

Comment

Dont get me wrong

I think he has a lot of potential, but he cant let stuff get in his head. I dont believe that shy crap, because if your shy, you wouldnt have the stomach to play in front of 77,000 fans every weekend. I just think that he needs to be mellow and not make certain comments about Elway or Favre of the way that his teamates play. As far as Eddie, he has always been a classy guy as he grew up in Virginia and I watched him play high school ball and also watched him beat up on my Virginia Cavaliers 4 times. (When he was with tech) I just want to see some leadership and emotion from our quaterback. The type of emotion I want is not the type he shows when a call goes against him or an oppsing player talks trash to him. I want to see psotive emotion when the defense does good or himself taking the blame every now and then. If that would have been Champ he was playing against yesterday, Carolina would have had four pick of Cutler, not just the one.

Comment

Both I and a friend have run into him at a local bar, and he was really cool. Obviously very different situations, perfect example, a good friend of mine has met Elway several times and said he was very nice, however me and my brother have ran into him once each and both times were treated as if we were lepers, so just like anyone else the time/day/situation probably dictates your experience with anyone and especially those in the spotlight. BTW he may not have been a great QB but Brian Greese was a really nice guy when i met him, nicest player i ever met, Mecklenburg on the other hand, great player, biggest jerk i ever met.

Comment

Ever thought Mike might have just told him something he didn't want to hear? Like 'there'll be no running game today, it's all on you'. Or perhaps Ma Bell just walked off with his Rolex?

Comment

Originally posted by GatorChomp View Post
                        Thats why we draft Timmy Tebow.

I would shoot myself

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush37 View Post
                          I think he has a lot of potential, but he cant let stuff get in his head. I dont believe that shy crap, because if your shy, you wouldnt have the stomach to play in front of 77,000 fans every weekend. I just think that he needs to be mellow and not make certain comments about Elway or Favre of the way that his teamates play. As far as Eddie, he has always been a classy guy as he grew up in Virginia and I watched him play high school ball and also watched him beat up on my Virginia Cavaliers 4 times. (When he was with tech) I just want to see some leadership and emotion from our quaterback. The type of emotion I want is not the type he shows when a call goes against him or an oppsing player talks trash to him. I want to see psotive emotion when the defense does good or himself taking the blame every now and then. If that would have been Champ he was playing against yesterday, Carolina would have had four pick of Cutler, not just the one.
                          Shy people could easily be in front of a lot of people, all they have to do is be someone else while in front of those people. I think Jay is still a little shy but I also think that he doesn't full understand what living under microscope is like. I also think that people take him not waving or acknowledging a crowd to the extreme. At least he's not going around flipping people off or anything like that.
                          And oh my goodness, Jay owns up to mistakes all the time. He gives kudos to those who deserve it. Stop looking at the negative and you'd see the positive too.

Comment

man

this article is way to long

Comment

Sometimes we expect too much out of our heroes, and sometimes we scrutinize with too fine an eye. We need to realize that our experiences with these people are special to us, but to them it is just another day. I realize these people make millions of dollars to play a game and the annoyance of fame is a small price to pay, however it still must be very tiring to have so many people pulling at you in different directions.

These guys may very well be jerks, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt because we can't tell what might have been going through their mind at any given time.

I think a lot of what appears to be a nonchalant attitude with Jay is just a calmness, that is a definite advantage for an NFL QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X