best thing for cutlers development would be to miss pro bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best thing for cutlers development would be to miss pro bowl

i know it seems harsh but i often question cutlers humility, and his desire to be THE best at his position. anyone else think this would have apositive effect on his development?
    yes
    25.71%
    no
    74.29%
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
    i know it seems harsh but i often question cutlers humility, and his desire to be THE best at his position. anyone else think this would have apositive effect on his development?
    I am inclined to have a different perspective. I think it would be good for his self-image as a winning quarterback to know that he is one of the game's best.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Disagree. Sorry.

I don't think being in the pro bowl matters that much to him, either way. He's going to be fine, and either making it or not making it isn't going to have much of an affect on him.
      In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        I am inclined to have a different perspective. I think it would be good for his self-image as a winning quarterback to know that he is one of the game's best.
        100% agree.

Playing QB is a confidence game.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Have you ever seen a great QB with absolutely no confidence? probably not. In order to have a great QB he has to be confident, and what better way to do that than go to the probowl? Now maybe don't make him the #1 QB voted in there, but #2 or #3 yes!
          sigpic
          Thanks Blondie79!
          All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
          Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
          "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

dont worry ..i doubt his preformence sunday swayed any votes his way
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

cutler

I love how everyone is a psycologist. What do you expect out of the guy. Should he punch his coach in the face when he throws a pick, or do a cartwheel when he throws a TD. These guys are athletes not actors. I hear it everyday in philly about Donovan. Who cares what they say at their post game press conference, or what their facial expressions are when they are on the sideline. They are paid to play football not be Public speakers, or sociallite personalities. Bottom line is, this team has NO defense so it is shootout or lose. And as big of a John Elway fan I am, statistically speaking it took Elway untill his 10th season to put up Numbers equal to what Jay is doing this season.( Not saying he is Elway, but being cutler is only in his 3rd season, 2.5 as a starter, I would say he is progressing just fine)

Comment

I tend to think that "success breeds success", so I'd LOVE for him to be voted in and get that "taste" and notority. Then maybe, like most people, he'll want more and as a pro athlete maybe do more to get there again and to obtain greater accolades as an individual which(at the qb position) usually leads to better things for the team.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

He should go to the Pro Bowl cause he deserves it. I would consider Cutler is right on schedule. Having fun with the success and the typical growing pains when he doesn't succeed. He's a laid back guy in the spot light all the time. Think about his draft buddies like Leinhart and Young. They've fallen apart literally under the pressure. They're the types that like the spot light. Jay doesn't and he's holding up. May not act like everyone wants him to. He's still going out there trying to get a win for the team.

Comment

No. He seemed to have gotten with his WRs and TE and worked all off season with them to improve their timing and relationship. Their 'chemistry.' He took the offseason and studied film and the playbook. What do you think he needs to do more as far as his "desire to be the best" for you to be satisfied???

Please... don't give me this "his inconsistent play" .. or "read defenses better" junk. Because that wouldn't support your discussion.

I dont' know why some of you have such a problem with his attitude He's said absolutely NOTHING that would indicate that he's anything but a class kid and a competitor. It amazes me how you guys want to judge a person's THOUGHTs by face expressions on TV.

Comment

There's no way cutler makes the pro bowl..

Comment

Funny how Cutler is in a constant no win situation. It's either "Cutler is too cocky, has no humulity" or "He has no desire to win and is a schlep on the sideline". Sorry, I see a guy trying his @$$ off every game. He scrambles, blocks, throws on the run and does everything you could ask a QB to do. I think he is an excellent QB. Missing the Pro Bowl will have ZERO effect on his development in the NFL.
                        sigpic

Comment

Even if we make the playoffs and he makes the pro bowl I highly doubt he's just going to slack off. His 1st year as our starting QB half a year at least he took the entire offense line on vacation with him during the offseason. The following offseason he studied the film hard and even went ot practice with Marshall & Scheffler to help get their timing down. This year I fully expect Cutler to do the same thing and bring others with them as well or at least invite them.
                          sigpic
                          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                            Disagree. Sorry.

I don't think being in the pro bowl matters that much to him, either way. He's going to be fine, and either making it or not making it isn't going to have much of an affect on him.
                            I don't know much about him, but I tend to agree with this in general. Call me cynical, but I think the only reason players (and their agents) care about Pro-Bowls is when it comes time to get a new contract and the added exposure that you get from it.

I don't think players go around thinking they're hot stuff because they made the Pro Bowl. Nor do I think that players who don't make it are humbled because of it. Fans and the media put much more weight on it than actually exists for players.
                            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              Well said :salute!:

CP to you!

----------------------------------------------
                              I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Working...
                              X