How did Jay Cutler make the Pro Bowl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatorChomp View Post
    I never thought i would see the day when Broncos "fans" would say one of our players didn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl. Wow how things have changed.
    This post says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorChomp View Post
      I never thought i would see the day when Broncos "fans" would say one of our players didn't deserve to be in the Pro Bowl. Wow how things have changed.
      Because stiles is a Chargers fan....

Comment

I think it goes 1/3 fans + 1/3 players/coaches= Probowl thats how he made it...Since this thread asked that simple of a question I thought this would be helpful to,since you probley haven't saw any of Jay's games this year, or heard they are down to there 7th and 8th RB, and the d sux big time...Did I mention we are one win away from the AFC WEST...you really should get out more often,or watch some football
        sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Cutler is in the pro bowl (and should have been the starter) because he has his team on the cusp of a division championship despite,

a. no running game
          b. no defense
          c. receivers that lead the league in drops
          d. half the team on IR

Not to mention that he is doing this as a young QB in only his second year as a starter. There isn't a team in the NFL that depends on one guy as much as the Broncos depend on Cutler.

Punk-mouth Phyllis isn't (and shouldn't be) in the pro bowl because he has led a top-3 roster in the NFL down the tube. His team wins when LT and Gates are healthy and loses when they are nicked up. That tells you everything you need to know about punk-mouth. He is insignificant in his own team.
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
            I was listing those who consistently make plays. Floyd is an average receiver. Vincent Jackson shows up in a handful of games.
            So Scheffler and Graham consistently make plays? Scheffler has missed three games and had two others where he had no catches. They completely forgot that Graham was an eligible receiver until the 6th game of the season.

Vincent Jackson on the other hand has 50 catches for 141 less yards than Brandon Marshall has and has been even more consistent than Chambers and Gates.

Malcolm Floyd has 27 catches in the last 9 games after getting nothing in the first 5 games, he has as many catches and TD's as Graham and more yards, he has 6 less catches than Scheffler but more TD's.

Why do you list Graham and Scheffler as consistent play makers but not Jackson and Floyd?

I know why, because it screws up your argument, that's why.

That doesn't even begin to get into the contribution that Tomlinson and Sproles make in that passing offense. If it wasn't for Sproles receiving effort against the Broncos, that game is a blowout and you Charger fans have nothing to b1tch about.......
            Last edited by stnzed; 12-16-2008, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              So Scheffler and Graham consistently make plays? Scheffler has missed three games and had two others where he had no catches. They completely forgot the Graham was an eligible receiver until the 6th game of the season.

Vincent Jackson on the other hand has 50 catches for 141 less yards than Brandon Marshall has and has been even more consistent than Chambers and Gates.

Malcolm Floyd has 27 catches in the last 9 games after getting nothing in the first 5 games, he has as many catches and TD's as Graham and more yards, he has 6 less catches than Scheffler but more TD's.

Why do you list Graham and Scheffler as consistent play makers but not Jackson and Floyd?

I know why, because it screws up your argument, that's why.

That doesn't even begin to get into the contribution that Tomlinson and Sproles make in that passing offense.......
              Man.... you, Mr. Stnzed.. are on FIRE lately!! :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                Man.... you, Mr. Stnzed.. are on FIRE lately!! :salute!:
                Stiles clearly doesn't watch the Chargers very much, he has no clue what they're about.......

Comment

This thread is stupid. You should make a thread about how did favre make it instead. You should take off the Cutler pic from your sig.

Comment

Jay is a good quarterback, but doesn't consistency play into these decisions at all?
                    The reason Jay made the Pro Bowl is because fans are comfortable with him and enjoy watching his play... Every quarterback can't be 100% consistent. Peyton isn't... Tom Brady isn't always consistent. Jay deserved this!

Comment

My feeling is this is the east coast bias working itself out. I mean Phillip Rivers went in 06 over Tom Brady. The reason being is they always give the West coast QB who is currently winning the west the nod. I mean we all know Rivers as the top rated passer in the league should be going instead of Farve for sure. But Ultimately its about whose the winning team and the more popular team of the moment. I dunno if Farve will go to the pro bowl... imagine the offseason threads if Rivers and Cutler go to the pro bowl since Rivers is first alternate. Either way I think next season is going to be a heck of a year between the Chargers and Broncos.
                      2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

I'm still in shock that this thread was started.

Why wouldn't a "fan" be proud of their QB making the pro-bowl?

Unbelieveable...

Comment

I don't get it. We actually get two players from offense into the pro bowl and people are complaining about it? So when your mother comes in with a big plate of cookies and milk for no reason other than she loves you, you just throw them to the ground and say "NOPE, DON'T DESERVE IT."?

What the hell do you people want?

Comment

Jay is a good quarterback, but doesn't consistency play into these decisions at all?
                            The better question is why wouldn't he make it?

Comment

Umm the fans the coaches and the players voted him in. How hard is that to comprehend

Comment

Working...
                              X