Hi, I'm Cory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm Cory.

I realized, I've never posted an "about me" thread here.

My name is Cory. I was born in Tulsa, OK, raised in Bartlesville. My family moved to Odessa, TX when my grandfather got a promotion with Phillips 66.

I've loved football since I was 6 years old. I started playing 'peanut' ball when I was 8. I grew up watching the Dallas Cowboys.

My parents got divorced, and my Dad moved to Colorado for a job opportunity. I saw my first home game in 1989. My Dad has ALWAYS been a Bronco fan.

I played Pop Warner in Westminster. I moved back with my mom in Texas at the beginning of Jr. High School. I went to Hood Jr. High in Odessa, TX (this is where I was really good friends with Roy Williams, and to this day, we still talk on the phone. I'm digging up pictures for you guys)

My mom moved to the other side of town my 9th grade year, so instead of going to Permian, I went to OHS. I played fullback and middle linebacker, and was a 3 year starter.

I was offered a scholarship in 2000 to South Carolina University, where I played mostly special teams. I never started, and was injured in practice my Sophomore year right before the Outback bowl, against Ohio State. I finished the school year, but left school when I met my future wife.

We moved to Illinois in 2002 where I finished my BA in Business Management at Eastern Illinois, and married my beautiful wife in the summer of 2003.
    We moved back to Denver in February of 2007, and intend to never leave.

I like all kinds of conflicting things. I like WoW, COD4, and alot of other video games, and I'm an AVID Denver sports fan.

This is really long...lol...but thats me!
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I realized, I've never posted an "about me" thread here.

My name is Cory. I was born in Tulsa, OK, raised in Bartlesville. My family moved to Odessa, TX when my grandfather got a promotion with Phillips 66.

I've loved football since I was 6 years old. I started playing 'peanut' ball when I was 8. I grew up watching the Dallas Cowboys.

My parents got divorced, and my Dad moved to Colorado for a job opportunity. I saw my first home game in 1989. My Dad has ALWAYS been a Bronco fan.

I played Pop Warner in Westminster. I moved back with my mom in Texas at the beginning of Jr. High School. I went to Hood Jr. High in Odessa, TX (this is where I was really good friends with Roy Williams, and to this day, we still talk on the phone. I'm digging up pictures for you guys)

My mom moved to the other side of town my 9th grade year, so instead of going to Permian, I went to OHS. I played fullback and middle linebacker, and was a 3 year starter.

I was offered a scholarship in 2000 to South Carolina University, where I played mostly special teams. I never started, and was injured in practice my Sophomore year right before the Outback bowl, against Ohio State. I finished the school year, but left school when I met my future wife.

We moved to Illinois in 2002 where I finished my BA in Business Management at Eastern Illinois, and married my beautiful wife in the summer of 2003.
    We moved back to Denver in February of 2007, and intend to never leave.

I like all kinds of conflicting things. I like WoW, COD4, and alot of other video games, and I'm an AVID Denver sports fan.

This is really long...lol...but thats me!

Nice to make your acquaintance!

Do you have any kids yet?
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Hi Cory! :wave:

You've been a great addition to this board, and I have enjoyed most, of not all, of your posts.

Keep it up and (a belated) "welcome!".

:salute!:
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Nice to make your acquaintance!

Do you have any kids yet?
        I have a beautiful daughter, Mary Elizabeth (yes, I'm catholic. and very scottish. and very white.)

She is 2.

at the Museum!
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
          Hi Cory! :wave:

You've been a great addition to this board, and I have enjoyed most, of not all, of your posts.

Keep it up and (a belated) "welcome!".

:salute!:
          Thanks, bro! It's been a pleasure being here!
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I have a beautiful daughter, Mary Elizabeth (yes, I'm catholic. and very scottish. and very white.)

She is 2.

at the Museum!
            I have a 9 month old little girl named Anna Elizabeth. I am not Scottish, but my wife has either Irish or Scottish roots (not intending to lump your ancestory with another). I will see if I have any pictures on my computer of her. I also have a 2.5 year old boy named Nathanael Robert, and an 11 year old boy named Daniel Edward.

The 11 year old is my football player. He just turned 11 a few months ago and is already over 5'2". He was also the fastest kid on his optomist team this year. He had a pretty cool 60 yard touchdown run on 4th and 18 of 60 yards in the second to the last game of the season, along with a 40 yard touchdown pass. The kid can already throw a junior ball 30 yards. I'm thinkin' he got the athleticism from we, well everything but the height and the speed......
            Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 12-19-2008, 09:06 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Awesome!

I want a boy, but we aren't going to have another until Mary starts kindergarten.

Mary LOVES basketball. She has a little hoop in her room, and can already dribble (no pun intended.) I have a funny feeling this is gonna be her game.

Thats awesome about your 11 y.o. boy. When in Illinois I coached a youth football team, and basically adopted a boy named Grant. He was at my house basically every day. The last year I coached, we won the Super Bowl, with the winning TD coming from his 43 TD run. As (basically) his father, I know exactly how you felt watching him play.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Pictures of that team I mentioned.

I was taking these pictures, so I wasnt really in them, LOL.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

This is Grant. These pics were taken when he was TWELVE.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Nice dude. :thumb:

Comment

You have great taste in baseball caps...I have that same one. :salute!:
                      ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Crap man you had a chance to go to Permian?

Oh well the school probably was outdated for high school football at that time anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
                          You have great taste in baseball caps...I have that same one. :salute!:
                          does the CR mean Constantly Rebuilding...

welcome to the board cory..

your daughter is beautiful... kaitlyn grace is 21 months old now...

i dont know where the time flew but its flying by at top speed... :salute!:
                          sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

This is Grant. These pics were taken when he was TWELVE.
                            That's a big kid!!!!!

My boy is a lot skinnier than that. He probably won't start to fill out until he gets in high school. Of course, he did just turn 11.

Those kids look big. It's amazing how much the mature physically between freshmen tackle and senior tackle.
                            sigpic

Comment

all of the kids in the top photos were in 8th grade, some in 7th.

Its fun watching them from Peanut to Varsity, very good feeling.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X